Misunderstandings

The beauty and the plumber
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jin arrived the hotel lobby and looked around.

 

Fancy…I wouldn’t mind living here at all…He thought.

 

He made his way to the reception and asked for Namjoon. The lady behind the counter instantly became pale as she looked at his face.

 

“Good morning, I would like to know where I can find Kim Namjoon. He’s a plumber and he is supposed to be working on a sauna in this hotel. Do you know where I can find him?”

 

The lady behind the counter didn’t reply. She stared at Jin in horror as if she was seeing a ghost in front of her.

 

“Hello? Are you ok? Lady, I made a question…Where can I find Namjoon?” Jin insisted.

 

The lady snapped back to reality and started hyperventilating, collapsing on the floor.

 

“Oh my God!! Are you ok?” Jin made his way behind the counter and helped the lady stand up.

 

“You’re not real! You are supposed to be dead!” She mumbled as she looked at Jin’s face in shock.

 

“Wha…what are you talking about?” Jin asked but he was interrupted by a sudden scream coming from someone else by his side.

 

“Oh my God! The boss is back!!” a man yelled and ran away from him.

 

Soon after that, the hotel employees gathered around Jin and the collapsed employee, staring at Jin as if he was something out of this world.

 

“Why are you all staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” Jin yelled and they gasped.

 

“Oh my God! It’s really him! Why is he wearing those weird clothes?” a female employee asked.

 

“Why is he helping her? He’s the type of person that steps on someone collapsed on the floor instead of helping the person stand up…There’s something off about him…” a male employee commented.

 

Jin rolled his eyes, “Just in case you haven’t noticed, there is a woman in my arms who’s not feeling well. Care to call an ambulance? Please, she’s heavy.” Jin said.

 

“Did he just say ‘please’? That can’t be him…” the female employee said as he grabbed a phone and dialed the emergency number.

 

“Boss…” a man called.

 

“Why are you calling me ‘boss’? Who are you?” Jin asked.

 

“I’m manager Park. And I guess it would be better if you followed me away from this commotion.” Manager Park told him.

 

“Ok…What’s going on?” Jin said as he looked around confused at the strange looks people were giving to him.

 

“You will understand soon…” Mr. Park said as he walked to the main hotel suite.

 

 

**

 

“Mr. Hoseok…There is no other way to tell you about this but…well…your husband…” Namjoon started, “Well…he is alive.”

 

Hoseok remained silent and didn’t react at the ‘news’ Namjoon was giving to him.

 

“I know.” He replied quietly.

 

Namjoon stared at him astonished.

 

“You…you know? Oh…ok…then…why didn’t you…” Namjoon stuttered as he tried to process what was happening.

 

“I honestly thought he was dead at first. I blamed myself for his death because we had a fight before the accident…” Hoseok explained and sighed, “I found him by chance, on the grocery store near the bridge…At first I thought he was just someone who looked like my husband but I knew it was him as soon as he opened his mouth…”

 

Namjoon listened to him, speechless.

 

“So it was you…” he mumbled.

 

“Yes… I realized he had no past memories of us…and..oh God, I thanked heavens for that…” Hoseok said honestly.

 

“Why? Did anything happen?”

 

“Our fight was…well…really bad. I know I hurt his feelings with the things I said and…I felt relieved when I noticed he had no memories of me…of us…” Hoseok paused and took a deep breath, “Honestly, I used to like him a lot…but…after a year of marriage I realized I was a burden to him…he would pick on the smallest things to have a fight with me and get a new excuse to get out of the country and stay away from me…I honestly felt relieved and free when he wasn’t around…”

 

Namjoon listened to the man in front of him, in shock.

 

“You must be thinking that I’m a bad guy…I swear that’s not the case, Namjoon-shi. I just want to live my life in peace. With or without him…I don’t care…I just want peace…” Hoseok sighed, “I actually went to your house to get Jin and put him in his rightful place, you know?”

 

“You did? When?” Namjoon asked.

 

“I went there last weekend…and found the two of you washing the car and flirting with each other…” Hoseok explained.

 

“Uh?” Namjoon replayed the day Hoseok was talking about and he found himself blushing as he remembered, “Oh…that…I’m sorry. I swear I didn’t know he was married…”

 

Hoseok gave him a sympathetic smile to Namjoon, “You don’t have to lie to me, Namjoon-shi. I have evidence that tells me that the two of you had met before he lost his memory…He had an affair with you…I get it. You don’t have to lie…”

 

“No. That’s not the case, I swear. It was all a misunderstanding…”

 

“Misunderstanding or not, you are aware that Jin’s place is here, don’t you?” Hoseok changed the subject.

 

“Well I…yes…I know…”

 

“Then let go of Jin and let him come back to his rightful place.” Hoseok said, “I’ll pay you any amount of money…just tell me your price.”

 

The door of Hoseok’s suite was slightly opened and Jin heard in shock most of the conversation between Namjoon and Hoseok.

 

Mr. Park had told him that Namjoon was holding him as a hostage to get money from Hoseok, his husband.

 

Mr. Park smiled devilishly to himself as he opened the door and let Jin enter the suite with a shocked expression on his face.

 

“Namjoon….tell me it is not true…” Jin mumbled with tears in his eyes and a raged expression.

 

Namjoon looked confused. Not knowing what was happening.

 

“You…you knew who I was all along? And you made me a hostage to get money?” Jin asked in disbelief as his tears fell down his face, “That’s so low…even from you…”

 

“What the hell? No! That’s not what happened…I just fo

Please log in to read the full chapter