Hallway

Ghost

The night is getting deeper and yet, a lady is still driving on the way home. It was raining that night, trucks are out and floor is slippery. The lady is getting sleepy, because who won’t? It’s already 1 in the morning and yet she’s still out. She’s already driving fast because she really wants to go home, she didn’t mind if other cars would be bothered if she’ll drive fast.

 

She’s in the right lane, but a delivery truck’s driver is sleeping and driving on the wrong lane. She tried to change lanes to survive, but she failed. Boogsh!

 

 

Blackout.

 

 

Silence is filling the hospital’s hallway where Yoona is admitted because of the car incident. Her fiancé, father, sister, and best friend came to the hospital even though it’s one in the morning. They don’t care if they’ll look ugly, they just want to know if Yoona is fine, which is not. Yoona is in the icu so they need to stay in the hallway, praying silently to heal Yoona who’s in pain right now, fighting for her life.

Her father, sits in silent while waiting for her princess to wake up. Hoping that this is all just a horrible nightmare. “Yoona, please wake up... We’re waiting for you...” her father thought to himself. All that her father wants is for her to wake up, to wake up in this nightmare. “Don’t leave, okay? We all need you...” he, again, thought to himself and tears started to fall from his sad eyes.

 

Nurses are busy taking care of Yoona inside the icu room. She doesn’t feel anything anymore, except for the pain that she’s enduring. “I want to leave but... I don’t want to leave the family that I love the most.” The girl thought. She’s half dead and half alive. She keeps on fighting for her to be able to live for her family. “This ... I’m numb but I can still feel the pain from these tubes... and the pain that I can feel in the heart...” she, again, thought.

 

Her fiancé stood up and took a peak on the room’s window. He was taken aback and quickly called Yoona’s father. The father ran to the nurses’ station, her sister and her best friend was shocked too. Though, they can’t do anything, they decided to go the hospital’s chapel and silently pray.

 

“Jeogiyo! Patient Lim Yoona in room 530 is slowing down! Please send help! Please!” her father begged and begged to save her daughter’s life. The nurses and doctors quickly went to the girl’s room and tries to revive her.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, stands in silent while watching her father and her fiancé weeping. She just looks at them with sad emotionless eyes. Though, she wants to hush and hug them, she looks around to look for her sister and for her best friend, Yuri.

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

All of them broke down. Lu Han, her fiancé, had nothing to do. He just sat quietly and stared blankly on the ceiling, fighting his tears to fall down but he failed. His father sat down to, and didn’t fight his tears. While her sister and Yuri sensed that something might happen, they went back and were taken aback about the news.

 

 

“I’m sorry if I have to leave you all...” she said, but no one will hear her..

 

 

She went towards her father who’s currently weeping because of their lost.

 

 

“Hi father. I’m already free from those tube connected on my thin body. You know I hate those kind of stuff, don’t you? Aw don’t be sad. Your princess will already live in paradise, and that’s what I want. To live in paradise. I don’t want to suffer anymore... I don’t want the all of you to suffer. Spending millions of Won just to let me live by that machine. Father, you know I’m really happy that you became my dad. Thank you for taking care of me and thank you for loving me unconditionally. Don’t forget that you had a daughter like me, okay? Cherish every moments you have with eonnie, okay? Don’t get sick! Take care of yourself. I love you, dad.”

 

 

The girl said to her father. She knows that he won’t hear her but she wanted to express her feelings. Yoona now went to her sister, who is currently crying in silent beside her best friend.

 

 

“Annyeong, eonnie. I’m very sorry...” the girl paused and wiped her sister’s tears. “I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for what’ve I done to you, I’m sorry for saying harsh words to you. I really don’t hate you, eonnie. It’s just... ugh! I was just stressed and everything that’s why. I’m really sorry, eonnie. I didn’t mean it. I really love you, you were my mom, best friend, and sister. I love you so much, eonnie.”

 

 

Yoona went towards her best friend, Yuri. She hugged her, but Yuri feels nothing. Who would? She’s a ghost. No one will ever feel her touches again,  no one will hear her voice again. But they can smell her. Whenever she’s around, they’ll  smell the scent of flowers and scented candles. Because, yeah, she’s a ghost.

 

 

“Yuri. . .” she started, staring on those beautiful sad eyes. “I’ll miss you, and I’m pretty sure you’ll miss me, too.” Paused. “I treated you like my own sister, I know you treated me as your own, also. You scolded me like you’re my mother, but those words that you told me, it helped me. Whenever I’m sad or feeling down, you were there, you were motivating me. So I’m here, standing in front of my best friend, motivating you to not be sad. I’ll be living on a happier place, not on this cruel world, you should be happy. This is not goodbye, Yul. I’ll see you later. I guess. . .” Yoona chuckled on her statement and walked towards Luhan.

 

 

“Luhan. . .”