Chapter 1

"Oh." - BTS Jimin x Reader

YOUR POV

You woke up with the blissful smell of coffee heightening your senses and heard Jimin humming a soft melody while he prepared your morning coffee. Silently, you slid out of bed and weaved your way through the house until you reached the kitchen. You saw Jimin gently swaying his hips side to side in a plain t-shirt and boxers as he prepared the coffee. You crept up behind him before surprising him with a back hug.

He whined, “Ahh Jagiya~ You nearly made me spill the coffee!”

He started giggling and handed you your coffee when he was done. You slowly took a sip of the hot liquid as you stared at Jimin in elation; watching crinkles form near the corner of his eyes as they turned into nearly nothing but mere lines.

‘How lucky am I to have this man as my fiancé,’ you thought and looked at the sparkling engagement ring in awe. Your eyes drifted from the ring and settled onto the clock.

You gasped, “I’m late for work!”

You pried your arm off of Jimin’s waist and raced back into your bedroom, quickly getting ready before rushing out.

You stood in the living room, half way to the door and hurriedly yelled out to Jimin, “Bye Jagi!”

He quickly darted out of the kitchen and ran towards you, tripping over his socks as he scrambled across the carpet to give you a goodbye kiss. His lips captured yours softly and he pulled away, grinning, “Bye Y/N-ah.”

You resumed your speed walk towards the car in a daze.

The taste of coffee still lingered on your lips.

-

JIMIN’S POV

Jimin was lazily draped over the couch as he stared at news programme on the T.V. On his day off of work, you coincidentally had a last minute call in for work- leaving him alone for basically most of the day. His eyes were just about to close until he saw something on the television.

‘Breaking News: There has been a tremendous car accident near the-’

Wait a second. Jimin looked closely at the short clip shown and shortly realised that the accident had been on the way you drive to work; and the car looked exactly like yours. His mouth dropped open in shock and in that exact moment, his phone rang.

He picked it up, hoping that it was you so he would be sure that you weren’t in the car accident, “Hello?”

But instead, an unfamiliar voice spoke in reply, “Hello, is this Park Jimin?”

“U-um yes it is.”

“We are very sorry to inform you, but Y/N has been in an accident and is currently in the middle of a surgery at the nearest hospital-"

Jimin’s eyes widened, “I’ll be right there.”

He hung up, putting on some more appropriate clothes before dashing outside into the hustling city and started running towards the hospital you were being kept in. 

-

Jimin arrived at the doors and tiredly pushed them open, immediately approaching the receptionist.

He started speaking, “Do you know where Y/N’s room is?”

She spoke without looking up, “Room 2153. But I’m sorry, you have to wait in the waiting room until her surgery is completed.”

He dragged his feet down the corridors until he reached the waiting room, which was right across from the room you were currently in. He called the rest of bangtan and then shoved his hands into his orange hair, pulling at the roots stressfully. 

The rest of the boys arrived after a few minutes and tried to calm Jimin down, but nothing worked. They could barely calm down themselves too, since they had always thought that you were apart of their family. They all watched their miserable band mate glance over at your room repeatedly with tears streaming down his face, and not long after, they had become the same mess Jimin had transformed into.

-

Jimin looked to the side and saw the doctor that had talked to him earlier. He wiped his tears with the sleeve of his jacket and quickly whipped around to face the doctor steadily walking towards him, desperately searching the man’s face for any sign that proved you had survived the accident.

The doctor solemnly faced him, “I think it’s better if we talk inside her room.”

Jimin followed the man into the dreary hospital room and his eyes quickly landed on your deathly pale state. The doctor started talking again, “ I’m sorry, but Mrs. Y/N did not make it…”

He blocked out anything the doctor said after that, it couldn’t have been true. You wouldn’t leave him alone. In a few minutes, you would be smiling brightly at him as you assured him that you were ok and give him a kiss. Then he realised that your chest hadn’t been slowly rising and falling like it was meant to, and that the heart monitor wasn’t emitting those annoying yet assuring beeps that showed him you were alive. Tears threatened to fall as he finally faced the harsh reality, you were dead.

“…once again very sorry,” the doctor finished, looking at Jimin expectantly for a bit to see if he had anything to say. Jimin looked down, trying to form coherent words, but as he watched a single tear drop onto the white marble floor, all he could mutter was,

“Oh.”

-

Jimin woke up a bit earlier than he was meant to the next day, like he usually did. Opening the cupboard, he got two coffee mugs out as he tilted his head towards the bedroom and slightly shouted, “Hey Y/N-ah, do you want your coffee with extra sugar this time or-”

But then his body slumped and his head drooped down to look at the plain floor as he realised,

You weren’t there anymore.

“Oh.”