San Fran Suspicions

Lost Girl

I forgot about what happened in New York. I forget everything but him. Days, Weeks, Months had passed since I was in New York. I was now somewhere near a city named San Francisco. I’ve seen so many beautiful things on my journey here. All of this began when I ran away from home. I wonder if she misses me, if she looked for me, wondered where I was. Probably not. I walked around a place called the Wharf and smelled what was seafood. The scent was so enticing. I had $350 left. One bite wouldn’t hurt… I walked around more and did some sightseeing. San Francisco was beautiful. It was getting late again. “Excuse me..” I tried getting the attention of people but they all ignored me and gave me strange looks. “Ehem… um… Excuse me…” I went around asking many people. I just wanted to find a park or shelter. I saw an man with a black mustache and walked up to him. “Excuse me sir, can you help me?” I asked politely. “Of course m’lady! What do you need?” He asked. His black mustache was long, straight and curled at the ends, his long red coat covered his left hand but not his right. He had bushy black eyebrows and long black hair. “Do you know where a park might be? Or a playground or homeless shelter?” I asked. “Are you an orphan?” He asked. Orphan. A child with no parents. This is what I have become. “Ah..yes sir…. I am..” I said looking at my shoes. Worn down all black converse matching with my torn black leggings, black shirt, and big gray jacket. “I have an empty room you can have.” He said in a low voice. “Um, that’s okay! I’m not staying in San Francisco for long.” I said looking up at the man. He frowned at me but then smiled. “I see, someone taught you the ‘stranger danger’ rule. I’m not a stranger! I am James. James Hook.” He said smiling. James Hook… strange name… “I’m sorry sir I can’t. Thank you though. Have a good day.” I said quickly. I was getting creeped out by this guy a lot and wanted to get away as quickly as possible. I walked away quickly and ran to the nearest trolly. I hopped on and jumped off when I saw a park. I had my bag still on my back and I walked to the biggest tree. I watched as little boys and girls ran by and smiled at the happy sight. I saw couples, married, dating, elderly, walk pass as happy as they could possibly be. Then I saw a few families. A tear ran down my cheek as I saw a little girl probably 5 years old, happy and smiling. I wonder what my life would be like if my dad had never left. Would we be happy? Would we be normal? Would I still be with her? Questions flooded my mind but then something caught my attention. A boy… He stood across the park looking at me. He looked familiar. I rubbed my eyes and then he was gone. I’m probably just tired… I laid down and looked up at the branches of the tree and dozed off. “Aren’t you uncomfortable down there?” I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes. “AHHHHHHH!” I screamed and jumped from my spot. “H-How did you find me?!” I yelled. It was Do Kyungsoo. The strange boy I met in New York. “Have we met?” He asked. “I…I am Minoh Areum… We met in New York City…” I said slowly. “Oh yeah I remember you now!” He smiled. Amber appeared next me and I smiled. She was so beautiful. “I wanted to know if you saw a man… A man named James Hook.” He asked. “Yeah I have… why?” I asked. “Stay away from him. He’s a bad man.” He said with worry on his face. “Oh… He seems perfectly fine to me when he spoke.” I said. “Yeah well he’s not. He doesn’t like children.” He said. “He asked me to stay with him. He asked if I had a home and he offered me his. He seemed like a perfectly nice man.” I said. “Well he’s not!” He protested. “And how would you know? Have you met him before?” I asked with my voice full of attitude. “Yes. I have. He doesn’t like me and I don’t like him!” He said angrily. “Well then that’s your problem isn’t it? Don’t pull me into this pixie kid.” I said sassily. “I have a name!” He yelled. “Oh sorry Mr. Green Tights, didn’t mean to offend.” I smiled sarcastically as I saw his cheeks grow a darker shade of red every minute. “My name is Kyungsoo. And you are a no-good homeless kid with no family so why should I even bother helping you.” He said viciously. His eyes went big as he realized what he said. My eyes began to water and I smacked him across his perfect little face. “I may not have a family or a home but at least I have a heart.” I walked away after that. I hope I never see that kid again. With my bag on my back I walked around the entire city trying to find Mr. Hook. “Where is he-ooph!” I fell down when I realized I walked into someone. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t looking!!” I apologized immediately. “Oh you’re that young lady from earlier today!” They said. I looked up and saw Mr. Hook. The person I wanted to see. “Mr. Hook! I was looking for you!” “You were madam? Come to take my offer?” He asked. I stood up and brushed the dirt off my clothes. “Yes sir. I thought about it and I realized I don’t really have a family or a home and you seem like a trustworthy person so I would like to know if the offer still stands?” I asked. “Oh of course my lady! And what is your name?” “Minoh. Minoh Areum.” I said. “Well Miss Minoh I’m sure you’ll be happy living in my home. My family is your family now.” He smiled. Something felt different. Like I’ve made a mistake. We walked to the docks. “I live on a big boat so I hope you’re not seasick!” He said. “Oh no sir.” I responded somewhat quietly. We walked aboard and it seemed like a perfectly normal houseboat to me. I don’t know what Kyungsoo was talking about honestly. He showed me around the place and it seems very nice and cozy. Then he lead me to my room and I put my stuff down. “You can shower and all of that in here too since you have your own bathroom. Enjoy!” He said smiling before he walked out. I looked through my bag and grabbed an old pair of black leggings, an olive green shirt, and some mismatched socks along with a bra and underwear and headed to the bathroom. It may seem gross but I haven’t bathed in a LONG time. I’ve been on the road so much ya know? I stripped from my dirty clothes and stepped into the shower and turned the warm water on. I have clean clothes I bought from stores so thats why my wardrobe is sounding a bit more colorful. I let the warm water hit my cold body for a few minutes then grabbed the body wash that was already inside. I was probably in the shower for 30 minutes maybe longer. I just took in the warm water. I washed my hair that grew somewhat and saw the crappy cheap brown hair color wash down the drain. I sighed as I realized my hair was black again. I turned off the water once the soap was out and then wrapped a towel around my body to dry off. Once I was dried and dressed I tied my hair back in a ponytail and walked out of the bathroom. “Miss Minoh?” I heard Mr. Hook yell. “I’m in my room!” I responded. I heard a knock at my door and then he walked in. “Miss Minoh… I know we’ve just met but how would you like to meet my friends? They’re all about my age and they would love to meet you.” He said smiling. I smiled softly and nodded. He led me outside and I saw many men out there waiting. “MR. SCHMEE!” He yelled. Why does that name sound familiar… I caught myself looking at Mr. Hooks left hand which looked as if it wasn’t there. “Hello little lady! What’s you’re name?” An old man came up to me. He was very… wide… And he had a grey beard and grey hair. He wore an old-fashioned hat and casual shirt and jeans. He also wore round glasses. He had many wrinkles and seemed very nice but also seemed a bit.. lost? “I…I’m Minoh Areum…” I said softly. The other men greeted me and Mr. Schmee smiled kindly. I slowly took a step back as I was very scared. Who are these people and why does this all seem so familiar?!

 

(A/N: IM BACK BABY! Please comment and subscriblz and vote and all that lol I wanna know how I'm doing)