Mama Bae and The Kids

Mama Bae and The Kids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a.n: Happy birthday to Dong Youngbae, Mother Hen for all BIGBANG kids

 

 

It was a nice summer morning. Birds chirping and the sun was shining brightly. A man had been enjoying his morning since the sun peeked around the horizon. With a book on his hands, he stretched his body lazily and then went to open the window. He let the summer breeze blew his hair and he smiled at the simple happiness he found in the morning. It had been a long time since the last time he actually had the peaceful morning since the preparation of their albums, and he thanked God he could have another one.

He went back to his bed, trying to prolong his peaceful morning. The night before was crazy and he was sure that the other members passed out and preferred their bed anyway, unlike him who even had taken his bath earlier in the morning. He didn’t bother to check the condition outside his room. The living room was reeked by the smell of alcohol, obviously, since the leader asked them to ‘enjoy the party between them’ after the shoot of their new music video. But he only drank a little, because he wanted to be sober when he enjoyed his holiday. After all, it’s only two days passed since his birthday.

He took his phone from the nightstand beside him and found out some messages from his beautiful lover. He slid his thumb at the screen and found their selca together. His mind unconsciously sang his infamous song –Eyes, Nose, Lips- while kissing the screen. Indeed my lover is stunning, lovely, cute, ugh! He pinched his phone in exchange for his lover’s cheeks. After he pleased with his own action, he tapped the notifications and saw the messages.

 

Oppa, are you up already?

I’m going to your place at 9.

See you *kiss*

 

Upon seeing the messages, he grinned like an idiot. It’s only her who could make him losing his sanity. Well, the other members do make me lose my sanity too, but in a bad way. He glances at the corner of the screen and found out that it was past the time to eat breakfast, but no one seemed to give a damn about the meal. If it was the other day, the for-now-brunette-haired man would go out and make some toast for them, but it was not an ordinary day, so he decided to take another nap after replying the messages.

 

Will wait for you in my room. K?

 

He tossed the phone to his side and was about to close his eyes when he heard a particular voice shouting his name from the living room.

“YOUNGBAE-YAAAA~~” The person singsonged and made his way to his room. He sat up again and looked at the owner of the voice.

“Ji?”

His eyes became bigger when he found out that Jiyong was only on his boxer and brought two pair of clothes with him. His hair was damp and Youngbae could smell the fruity scent spread from the other rapper’s body. Why everyone used each other’s soap? Youngbae furrowed his eyebrows. And why Jiyong is already up at this time?

Jiyong looked at his bestfriend and waved two hangers he was holding. “Which one should I choose?”

“Really, Ji? Why don’t you choose for yourself?”

“I am suddenly not confident with the choices. Ah, why should the stylists take a holiday at the time like this?” Jiyong threw the clothes on the bed. “Bae, choose for me, please?”

“Why should I?”

“You’re the most dependable one in this house.”

“Seungri? He usually picks the best for you.”

“He’s in the slump for fashion, lately.”

What the heck does it mean? Youngbae shouted in his head.

“So pick for me. Hurry up because I have to go to Moonsant.”

Youngbae lazily pointed the right hanger: pink short, cap, and flower-pattern cotton t-shirt. “Use it with your white sandals you bought from Paris and that yellow glasses you have.”

“But shorts? I prefer this skinny jeans, though.” Jiyong caressed his chin with his thumb and his forefinger. “You know, it’s very hot in here and I don’t want half of my legs become tanned.”

“Then just take whatever you want to wear from these two, right?”

“Maybe I should wear a jacket instead?”

“Are you kidding me? This is S-U-M-M-E-R!” Youngbae spelled each letter with an irritating voice. “You will sweat a lot.”

“True, but… I’ve set my eyes on this Hawaii shirt. I can wear something as the inner wear and a skinny jeans, right? Your choice is good, but—”

Youngbae snapped and threw a pillow at the younger man. “ off!”

Fortunately, Jiyong had a good reflex to catch the pillow. He furrowed his brows to his friend, not expecting such a reaction from him. “Why are you?”

“If you have had your own decision, then why did you come to me?” the older man raised his voice at the rapper.

“I just want to know your opinion, like I told you before!” Jiyong picked up his clothes and went out from the room while pouting.

 

Youngbae shook his head. On the other day, when they were together like this, Youngbae tasks would be cooking breakfast, tidying up all the mess at the night before, asking the maknaes to wake Jiyong up for breakfast (even though at the end it would be Youngbae who kicked Jiyong so that he could drag his lazy out from the bed), then going to jog to keep him healthy. Sometimes, he would eat lunch with his petite lover and spend quality times with her.

Kwon Jiyong. Youngbae had known the leader of the group almost forever. They basically a couple amongst the trainees because they were so close before. They even almost debuted as a duo, GDYB, but then the sajangnim wanted them to form a group. Youngbae never regretted the decision, he even felt thankful to the sajangnim because he got to get a big family. The more the merrier.

Although Jiyong is three month younger than him, Youngbae respected sajangnim’s decision to make Jiyong as the leader of the group. Moreover, Jiyong had become a trainee since a very young age and Youngbae could never beat Jiyong’s ability and experiences. Jiyong was more than capable to lead a group, that’s what Youngbae believed.

But then there were some bad habits that Jiyong developed during his life: one of them was that Jiyong was hard to wake up in the morning. For the first bad habit, everyone knew that it was only Youngbae who could wake the leader up in the morning. The oldest member didn’t want to sweat to wake Jiyong up and maknaes sometimes gave up to do so. If Seungri tried to wake him up, he could end up sleeping together with Jiyong and if Daesung tried to wake him up, the second youngest would be strangled to death.

A hard man to tame.

 

Youngbae was about to close his eyes again when the oldest member and the other rapper of BIGBANG barged into his room.

“Youngbae-ya!”

The so called Youngbae jolted up from his position and sat up on his bed. He took a deep sigh before answering his Hyung.

“What, Hyung?”

The dark haired man smiled and walked towards him. He took a pillow and hugged it while handled the vocalist a catalogue. Youngbae smelled a musk scent from his body and recognized the actual owner of the nice scent he just inhaled.

“You took Daesung’s soap again, didn’t you?”

“How did you know?”

“This scent is belong to Daesung only. Yours is the one with flowery scent, while Ji uses the earthy scent. Maknae? Fruity soap is his favorite, but he always uses a completely different perfume to hide his womanly scent after bathing,” Youngbae explained while opening the catalogue on his hands.

“Wow,” Seunghyun mouth performed a big ‘O’ after hearing the explanation. “You observant little brat.”

“I am,” Youngbae grinned. “What’s with this paintings? Don’t you say—”

“Oh, yes. That’s why I ask you, Bae-ya.” A mischievous smirk appeared on the older man’s face. “He doesn’t have to know this. I plan to get these beauties while I’m here.”

“But Daesung-ie…” He gulped the sudden lump that appeared in his throat when thinking about Mad Daesung. The second youngest of the group rarely showed the crazy side of him. But when Daesung was mad, he was scarier than anything in the world. Youngbae looked at Seunghyun, “Won’t he be crazy again, Hyung?”

“As long as he didn’t know about this, we will be safe.”

“We?”Youngbae squinted his eyes and pointed his forefinger at himself and the man in front of him. “Why should I be a part of your problem?”

“Hmmm… I don’t know.” The older man shrugged his shoulder and grinned. “Anyway, I have chosen this one, this one and this one.” Seunghyun pointed at the page he had marked. “Then I want to bid this one, too. How do you think?”

“You are damn crazy, Hyung,” Youngbae shook his head and gave back the catalogue to Seunghyun. “I don’t know anything about this you know. It’s always Daesung who gives advice to you, right?”

The taller man pouted his lips, but he eventually nodded at Youngbae’s sentence. “Yeah. But still. What will you choose if you have to choose? This is pretty, right?” He pointed at an indescribable

Being rushed, Youngbae just shook his head again. “I… I don’t know Hyung.”

“Ah… You failed me, Youngbae-ya.” Seunghyun stood up and took the catalogue from Youngbae. He wore a fake sad face and went out from Youngbae’s room.

The vocalist of the group covered his face with his palms. Sometimes he tried to understand the oldest way of thinking, but apparently the one and only person who could understand him was Daesung. Everyone but Daesung seemed to give up with the oldest because of the lame jokes and his interest –space, arts, furniture. Not to mention his character; if people called Daesung 4D, Seunghyun was the 8D.

Youngbae stared at the slightly opened door his Hyung was left. Not too long ago, Seunghyun was ing about the lack of storage he had because everyone sent him gift since they knew Seunghyun was into arts and furniture. Daesung had said to the rapper that he should stop buying something for a while and he had to sort all the paintings and furniture he had to make a space for the new things. But being the stubborn fake maknae, Seunghyun kept buying and bidding and—

Daesung finally snapped.

The oldest was being scolded by Daesung in the living room of their dorm and the other member could only hear them from the kitchen, afraid to bother the couple. The scolding last for a good fifteen minutes when Youngbae tried to sneak a peek at them, trying to calm Daesung down. Youngbae looked at Seunghyun who was looking down at the floor, but then he found out that the older was smiling even though Daesung looked like he was trying to swallow the rapper.

Then Youngbae was reminded that Seunghyun was indeed crazy.

This time, before they went to Jeju Island, Youngbae heard Daesung warned Seunghyun not to buy something from the catalogue Seunghyun was holding and the rapper agreed. If Daesung knows Seunghyun Hyung’s plan…

 

Youngbae took a suspicious glance to the door before sliding into the blanket. He took a pillow beside him and covered his eyes with it. He had enough of the intrusion of two rappers in the morning that gave him headache.

Not long after, he felt a hand creeping up his body. He hit the hand with the pillow just to find the maknae of the group trying to position himself comfortably beside him. Youngbae took a deep sigh but eventually pulled Little Seunghyun a.k.a Seungri to his embrace.

“Ah, it’s been a long time since you hug me like this, Hyung. Don’t you want to live a peaceful life with me rather than bullying me every time you had a chance?” Seungri snuggled on his chest.

His heart grew bigger upon hearing Seungri’s confession and he kissed maknae’s hair. “Why are you here?”

“I’m supposed to go with Jiyong Hyung to the café, but I want to eat breakfast that you make. I only saw Ssong-ie Hyung and his ert lover in the kitchen. I think Ssong-ie Hyung is trying to make some seafood soup, or something like that.”

“Daesung is making seafood soup?”

“Yeah, because I saw fishes on the counter,” the maknae only nodded his head against Youngbae’s chest. “Hyung, make me breakfast please? Daesung Hyung will finish making his soup at lunch and I will die in starvation if you don’t take over.”

“But Ji and you will go to Moonsant?”

“We will. But I will miss Korean dishes when I am alone at Japan to shoot the movie…”

“Tell Ji to send you Korean dishes every day from his café.”

“I will miss your cooking too, my favorite Hyung,” Seungri said with all cutesy and Youngbae just wanted to hug him tighter because he couldn’t stand the cute Seungri. He suddenly remember the early days when Jiyong hated him and Seungri would come to Youngbae to seek for comfort and asked for advice to get closer to Jiyong. But now, the leader fell head over toe for maknae, 180 degrees different from before.

While combing the blonde locks of maknae, the older man said, “I thought your favorite hyung is Jiyong?”

“I lied. I love you, Youngbae Hyung.”

Youngbae hugged the younger man while whispering at him, “Run away from Jiyong and live with me, Seunghyun-ah.”

Seungri craned up his head and looked at Youngbae with eyes full of love. “How about Hyorin Noona?”

“Hyorin will be my queen while you’ll be my… concubine,” Youngbae laughed.

“Concubine my ,” Little Seunghyun hit his Hyung’s face with a pillow. “I’m the queen and let Noona be your mistress.”

“I don’t love you that much, Seunghyun-ah.”

The maknae was trying to tickle Youngbae when a plastic ball from last night shoot hit the two of them. They immediately stop playing and looked at the angry dragon with his hands on his hips.

“Get your hands off from Maknae, Youngbae.”

“Nope,” Youngbae locked Little Seunghyun’s body with his legs. “I’m going to marry him. He said he loves me more, Jiyong. I’m his favorite hyung.”

Jiyong pulled Seungri from Youngbae’s embrace and then the youngest between them acted like he was being separated from his lover.

“Baeeee Oppaaaaaa~~ Seungska is getting kidnapped by a Yakuzaaaaa…” Seungri let Jiyong pulled him, but he pretended to reach for Youngbae’s hand.

But indeed Jiyong didn’t have much energy to pull the maknae. While throwing a sharp look to both of them, Jiyong said, “Bae, tell him to follow me to the café or I will rob your sport shoes and burn ‘em.”

Upon hearing the threat, Youngbae kicked the maknae off from the bed. A loud thud was heard and Jiyong laughed loudly. After helping the maknae to stand up, the leader now barged Youngbae’s luggage and took a pair of sunglasses.

“I’m taking this with me,” then Jiyong took Seungri’s hand. “And I’m taking my panda also. Don’t try to do anything to this person or you will see your collection become ashes.”

“My pleasure. And by the way, he was groping me when you’re not around, Ji. Please give him a good spank after this.”

“Bae Hyung! Oh God, you’re harsh! I didn’t even d— Umph!” Not wanting to hear anything anymore from his Panda, Jiyong muffled him with one hand while dragging him out from the room and closed the door using his other hand.

 

Youngbae slid into the blanket, feeling tired after all the commotion he had when he t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter