Chapter 02

Secret love song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was walking towards the lift when he saw them. Jongin was walking towards his direction with a girl who was probably as rich as Jongin because her straight red hair, perfectly done make up, tucked in blouse, leather short skirt and high heels all screamed “class”. He couldn’t help but stare at her because she was gorgeous. The ding of the lift’s arrival brought him back to reality. However when he looked back, Jongin and the girl had already gone past him and he suddenly felt a pang in his heart. He got inside the lift and pressed 14. He was hoping that nobody would get on the lift because the last thing he wanted was for people to see him crying. As soon the lift stopped, he sighed in relief and ran towards the door that led to the rooftop. When he stepped into the rooftop, he was instantly engulfed by the midnight breeze sending chills down his spine. But as a kid he has always loved the night air. Every night he would climb to his house rooftop and watch the starts and simply breathe in the night breeze. It was almost as if it was Kyungsoo’s healing balm.

He walked near the edge and took a look at the beautiful night life of Gangnam. It wasn’t new to him, but each time was like a first time. The beauty of the city at night never failed to surprise him.

It was then he realized that he was silently crying, so he pinched his arm and slapped his face three times to come back to this world.

“Seriously Kyungsoo. What is wrong with you”? he asked himself.

Jongin. Jongin is what is wrong

He let out a breathy laugh and sat on the floor, hugging his knees to his chest. He knew he was upset because of Jongin. He was going to go up and talk with Jongin and maybe give him his number in case he was in need of a friend. But what he saw completely broke his heart and left him more confused than ever. More than the girl, what hurt him was the fact that Jongin didn’t even spare a glance at him. He bitterly laughed at all the times Jongin ignored him like “know your place boy”.

He was right. What am I? I have no right to even be his friend.

He knew calling Baekhyun would only make things worse, so he called his only other friend.

“oppa?” the other line picked up.

“Sohyun-ah are you busy” Kyungsoo hoped that he didn’t sound like a cry baby.

“yah. Oppa whats wrong? Is that wind I hear? Don’t tell me you are in the rooftop again?” he could only chuckle at his friend’s motherly tone.

“I’m fine, not fine. Just needed to talk to someone. Can you come up?”

He heard a loud sigh from the other line and knew that she was busy.

“I wish I could you know. But I have a dentist’s appointment in a while so I’m dressing up. Sorry boo”

“Its okay you baby. Go there safe” Kyungsoo smiled at the thought of a frowning Sohyun at the dentist. She really hated to get her teeth checked.

Just as Kyungsoo was about to think about Jongin, his thought process was interrupted by the sound of a door slamming continued with a loud voice of a woman. He looked to his right where the only door to the rooftop was and saw silhouettes of two people, but he couldn’t make out their faces.

Hoping that the two extra presences won’t notice him, he silently tiptoed to the left and sat on a step which was covered by a huge barrel.  He hated being small and petite but at times like this he was glad that he was rather small.

“What do you want Seulgi”?

Oh so the other human is a guy.                                       

“what do I want from you? What kind of human are you, you heartless jerk”

SLAP

Kyungsoo couldn’t help the loud shriek that left his mouth and immediately covered his mouth with his hands. He knew they didn’t hear them, so he continued to listen while covering his mouth because better safe than sorry.

“what are you going to tell your parents? One month. Did you even come and visit us? Iv been staying at so many friends and people’s houses just to not get caught. They have all been kind enough to let me and the baby stay with them each time. I’v done everything to keep the baby alive while you played hide and seek and just know that I’m not doing it anymore”

The wind was howling loudly but Kyungsoo could still hear the pain and anger in the girl’s voice and his blood boiled at the thought of the guy leaving her with a baby.

“Aren’t we both at fault? I’m sorry but stop acting like you weren’t part of what happened. Don’t blame me because you were ing sober and I was ing drunk, yet you didn’t stop me. You were greedy for my money, my status and everything I had. Did you think I wanted to marry you? I rejected the proposal right away. Now that I have nothing, you come back and this is what you do?” the male voice yelled back.

There was no sign of pain in that voice; rather it was one of sarcasm and anger that one has kept within him for a really long time.

“Fine. That’s an old story. I have no choice because I have to go back home and start my studies. Iv planned to go to UK. I can’t take care of the baby anymore. So it’s about time that you did something useful with your life Kai”.

And with that the door slammed shut and Kyungsoo peeked above the barrel to check for sign of life, and immediately ducked down when he saw a figure. He knew it must be the man. Kyungsoo could care less about their messed up lives, he needed to stand up and stretch his legs for his left leg had gone numb.

Praying that the man won’t see, he slowly walked to the side of the rooftop and bent down. He could stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter