Only One

Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

0 1

o n l y   o n e

She's the only family I've got left.

 

 

The boy glanced up at the shadowed sky that was rolling deeper into the quiet night as he zipped up his black denim jacket all the way up to his collar. After taking care of his best friend to the point where the said male fell asleep on his living room couch, while Taeyong was making him a cup of tea in the kitchen - in which the latter then left on the coffee table - he carefully slid out of the house as he then made his way towards his metallic black car that was parked against the sidewalk.

Taeyong unlocked his car and slipped inside while the exhaustion that came from not too long ago finally washed over him, capturing each and every muscle that was built in his body. Taeyong wasn't usually as weak as he felt right now, and he definitely wasn't the type of person to complain throughout any going situation. Despite the fact that grew on him ever since he was forced to make heavy decisions by himself, the boy didn't bother to waste any more energy to resist the loud curse that slipped right through his chapped lips.

The small digital clock that glowed brightly with it's blue neon colors on the car read exactly forty-five minutes past 12. He let himself shrink back onto the black leather seat as he let out a loud sigh caused by all the fatigue. Taeyong's eyes felt heavy and they were literally forcing himself to sleep, but on the other side of reality, his mind was too tired to let that happen. Taeyong started up the engines before hitting onto the pedals with all the energy he had left inside of him. All he wanted to do was to go home, or more precisely, return back to his dark and empty house.

The streets in the city were still busy and far from quiet with it's many bright lights illuminating the sidewalks. There were drunk people leaving some infamous public bars having to use their sober friends' arms to support their limp bodies and jelly legs. But of course, not all were like that. Some were simply just groups of young teenagers who were out together looking for some fresh air and searching for a packet thrill while they still had all the time left in the world.

After a good ten minutes of driving, Taeyong was caught by the first red light. He drew out a sharp breath before falling back onto his seat with his hand propped up against the door's armrest and his teeth biting unconsciously onto the tip of his thumb. He glanced out the window and began to wonder. Jaehyun and Sora have been dating for two years and never in Taeyong's life has he ever seen them fight - at least the case has never been this serious before.

He remembered that a few months ago, his friends found themselves caught up in a little argument caused by Jaehyun's usual reckless behavior which eventually got him summoned to the police office later that following afternoon. Although he remembered the glint of disappointment in Sora's eyes when he waited for Jaehyun's release at the waiting room of the said building, he knew the girl would never have the heart to even yell at the boy she loved - it also went the same the other way around - and so they only had a short argument that barely even had any painful words in them.

A crease formed between his eyebrows as he thought as to what might have been the reason behind the crack in his friends relationship after all these years with them being completely unbreakable.

The sound of a car horn behind him tore his thoughts away and forced them back onto what was happening in front of his eyes. Taeyong leaned forwards and caught sight of the previous red light which surprisingly wasn't green, but completely passed it, making the light glow in a yellow-ish orange color. He quickly hit the pedals before speeding towards the exit of the city and entering his small neighborhood; the most quiet neighborhood in all of Gangnam.

Taeyong bit his lip when he saw the lights of his house were completely turned off, dark and almost creating an atmosphere that could make goose bumps rise all over ones body. If being compared to the houses beside his, Taeyong's house was definitely the one to make people think twice before entering.

He parked his car inside his spacious garage before stepping out of the vehicle and turning on the first light switch he happen to come across. After looking through the living room and the second floor, his sister was nowhere to be seen - not that it even surprised him anyway.

Taeyong entered his room, took off his clothes and changed into a more appropriate attire which was a white sleeveless shirt and a pair of black boxers. As he was hanging up his jacket on the clothes rack, he unintentionally glanced over towards his room's bathroom door and started thinking whether or not he should take a shower first - he does reek of alcohol after all. But as his eyes slowly drifted away towards the clock that pointed to 01:00 AM, he decided it would better if he didn't.

The temperature that night was surprisingly chillier than usual, but Taeyong couldn't care less about how his body was reacting to the cold. He simply let his feet drift him onto his bed without even sparing a minute to think about grabbing his duvet that was chucked away on the floor beneath him.

Taeyong reached out to grab his phone that was lying on top of his bedside table before opening up his recent text messages. Ever since a few hours ago, the first name that was displayed on his many text messages with his friends hasn't changed. Taeyong let out a quiet sigh as his eyes scanned through the syllables that precisely read; Jae's Sora.

He bit his lip for a moment before deciding to change her contact ID's name into her real one. The one that held the meaning of a female fighter; Kwon Sora.

 

-

 

After about an hour of tossing and turning around in his bed, Taeyong finally realized that he didn't feel like falling asleep after all. Although it did make him wonder what happened to his tiredness that bothered him all throughout the drive back home, the boy didn't intend to force the feeling to come back and drown him to slumber. He ruffled his hair and lazily walked downstairs to find a source for his entertainment.

Truthfully at that time, Taeyong would've chosen to wait for the next day to come by listening to Jaehyun discuss the previous football match all by himself rather than crawl up in his bed and do completely nothing considering how Taeyong was never the person who liked to sleep - during any time of the day. People would call him weird and inhumane whenever he says that, but the boy would simply just wave them off with a shrug of his shoulders.

He walked into the living room with heavy steps and shoulders slumped before crawling down to reach the remote that was thrown carelessly on the carpeted floor. Making his way up, he then completely slumped his tired body all over his red La-Z-boy leather sofa.

Taeyong flicked through the channels without his mind even registering anything that was shown on the screen. Although there was no denying that his eyes would sometimes grow a millimeter wider whenever he passes a channel that played adult films that forced filthy sounds to leave his television speakers. But it was two o'clock in the middle of the night after all, and so Taeyong wasn't too surprised to be seeing any of those images flash right th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter