Fin.

Play Date

Yoongi wakes to the pitter patter of tiny feet running into the room. He finally opens his eyes when said tiny feet smash into his stomach. With a groan he looks into the eyes of the assailant who simply smiles down at him, tiny hands shakily holding himself up over Yoongi.

 

“Papa, wake up! Pway date wit Kookie!” The tiny human on top of Yoongi screams down in a not so tiny voice.

 

“Tae, what did I tell you about attacking Papa when he’s trying to sleep?” Yoongi rubs his sore eyes, feeling a headache forming. It's too early for this much noise.

 

“It not nwice!” Taehyung screams joyfully, digging his knees deeper into Yoongi’s stomach.

 

“Okay, I guess at least you know it.” Yoongi mumbles to himself as he picks Taehyung off of his stomach and places him on the bed next to him.

 

“Awe you awake now Papa? Can we go?” Taehyung asks excitedly, clinging onto Yoongi’s arm.

 

“Yeah, I’m up. Let me get ready okay?” Yoongi smiles down at the little boy, ruffling his soft brown locks with his free hand.

 

Taehyung returns his smile with a boxy grin of his own before detaching himself from Yoongi and scooting off the bed. He clings onto the sheets tightly in his little fists as he lowers himself and Yoongi smiles at the adorable sight.

 

As soon as Taehyung’s feet touch the ground he’s off running and screaming at the top of his lungs, “DADDYYY!!! PAPA’S AWAKE!!”

 

Yoongi chuckles to himself before getting out of bed and preparing himself for what he know’s is bound to be a long day.

 

25 minutes later Yoongi makes his way downstairs, following the smell of blueberry pancakes into the kitchen. There he’s greeted with the sight of Taehyung stuffing his face with pancakes at an inhuman pace while Jimin watches with a bright smile from his place by the stove.

 

Yoongi walks over to Jimin with a smile of his own, placing a soft kiss to the younger's forehead. “Morning babe.” He mumbles, lips still pressed against the soft skin.

 

“You're late.” Jimin teases, breaking away from the older boy. He quickly pecks Yoongi’s lips before turning around to flip the pancake.

 

“Yeahhh! Papa! Wate!” Taehyung cheers, mouth full of pancakes.

 

“Tae, no speaking with your mouth full.” Yoongi scolds the boy, making his way over to take a seat next to him.

 

“Sowwy Papa.” Taehyung apologizes, mouth still full of food.

 

Yoongi shakes his head to himself, Taehyung wouldn't be Taehyung if he actually listened after all.

 

Jimin places a plate of pancakes in front of Yoongi before taking a seat himself. “Are you almost done sweetie?”

 

“Awmost.” Taehyung replies, stabbing his fork into the last of the pancake.

 

They eat in silence for about 3 minutes before Taehyung screams out, “I done!”

 

“Good job Tae!” Jimin praises the little boy and Taehyung smiles wide at his father.

 

He looks so proud of himself, Yoongi doesn't comment on the fact that half the pancakes are actually on the table and Taehyung himself rather than actually in him.

 

“Now give Daddy a minute to finish up and then we can get ready, okay?”

 

“Owkay!” Taehyung replies absentmindedly, already busy playing with the pancake bits on the table.

 

“Where exactly are we going?” Yoongi questions Jimin once he realizes he has no clue.

 

“The park of course!” Jimin smiles sweetly, way too sweetly, at Yoongi.

 

“The park?” Yoongi questions again, hoping (praying) he heard wrong.

 

“Yeah, the park. You promised Tae on Monday.” Jimin snickers at the look of shock and fear on Yoongi’s face. His husband could be such a child sometimes (all the time).

 

“Yeah. You pwomised.” Taehyung chimes in, flashing Yoongi a boxy grin.

 

“Yeah...of course I did…” The park. Yoongi couldn't believe his luck. A whole day spent outdoors with screaming children, judging mothers and the blazing sun. So. Much. Fun.

 

“Okay Taetae let's go get you cleaned up while Papa does the dishes.” Jimin quickly picks up the now sticky child and races off before Yoongi can break out of his daze and protest.

 

Yoongi has just finished putting the last of the plates away when he hears Taehyung race down the stairs. He laughs to himself when he hears Jimin racing after him, screaming “Tae! You need to put on pants if you want to see Kookie!”

 

“Nooooo!” Taehyung screeches back, giggles resonating throughout the house.

 

The three year old had recently taken to not wearing pants and Yoongi understood him perfectly. Pants were horribly restricting after all.

 

Still chuckling to himself, the elder makes his way over to help Jimin, the sooner they get to the park the sooner they can come home after all.

 

He finds them in the living room. Jimin standing in front of the couch, arms on his hips a visible pout on his face as he glares down at the giggly toddler jumping on the couch.

 

“Tae! Don’t make this difficult!” Jimin whines, and Yoongi decides it’s time to intervene.

 

“It’s okay babe, Tae can stay home while we go to the park with Jungkook. We can even get ice cream.” Yoongi watches from the corner of his eye as Taehyung’s mouth opens in shock at the thought of his daddies possibly leaving him alone and getting ice cream with Jungkook. They wouldn’t dare.

 

Jimin catches on to Yoongi’s plan and places the pant down on the couch before turning away from Taehyung. “Okay, we should get going. Jungkook’s waiting for us.”

 

Jimin took two steps toward Yoongi when Taehyung screames out, “No Daddy! NO!”

 

“Sorry Tae! We have to--”

 

“I weady!” Taehyung cuts in, frantically trying to put on his pants.

 

The younger male grins at his husband before walking over to help their struggling child.

 

“Les go!” Taehyung hops off the couch and races to the door.

 

Yoongi follows behind and tries to help him put on his shoes but Taehyung shies away from him and races to Jimin instead. The older male frowns to himself, but doesn’t say anything.

 

Two knots and a kick to the shin later, the trio finally make it outside. They start making their way over to Jin’s house to pick up Jungkook. Yoongi offers his hand to Taehyung, but once again Taehyung shies away and grabs Jimin’s hand instead.

 

Once again Yoongi finds himself frowning at the action and this time Jimin notices. He gives the older a questioning look but Yoongi simply shakes his head and gives him small smile. A flash of understanding crosses Jimin’s face but he doesn’t say anything. Not yet anyways.

 

Jin has barely opened the door before Taehyung is pushing his way inside, already screaming at the top of his lungs.

 

“Someone’s very energetic today.” Jin comments with a smile as he ushers the younger couple inside.

 

“More like when is he not.” Yoongi replies with a snort.

 

Jin laughs before walking towards Jungkook’s room, “Give me a minute, Jungkook still needs to put on his shoes. You can leave after that.”

 

As soon as Jin leaves the room Jimin turns to look at Yoongi, a slight frown on his face. “What’s wrong?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Yoongi avoids the younger’s eyes, turning to stare at the photos on the wall as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

 

Jimin rolls his eyes at the action and walks until he’s standing in front of the older boy. “Now really, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” Yoongi states, finally looking Jimin in the eye.

 

The younger boy rolls his eyes again. “Seriously. Do you think I’m that much of an idiot?”

 

A smirk appears on the older boy’s face and Jimin immediately regrets asking the question.

 

The two stare at each other, Jimin waiting for Yoongi to finally speak out, and Yoongi waiting for Jimin to just drop the subject already.

 

“Wait...is this because of last week?” The way Yoongi’s eyes widen in surprise tell Jimin he’s absolutely right.

 

Just the mere mention of the incident brings back memories of the dreaded night. The night when Yoongi’s poor heart was broken by an unsuspecting and super cranky three year old.

 

It had been a typical Monday night. They had brought Taehyung over for his play date with Jungkook and to catch up with Jin and Namjoon. However the stay had lasted longer than usual and Taehyung had fallen asleep next to Jungkook by the time they had been ready to leave. Jimin had sent Yoongi to get the little boy and everything had been going smoothly until the sleepy boy had woken up confused and cranky. He immediately started crying and demanded to go to his daddy, wiggling out of Yoongi’s arms and running into Jimin’s.

 

He knew Taehyung hadn’t meant to react that way. That it was just the confusion and sleepiness that made him react in such a way. But it still hurt Yoongi like nothing else he’d ever felt before. He felt as if he had failed as a father to gain Taehyung’s trust. He knew it was irrational but still he felt as if Taehyung didn’t love him, not as much as he loved Jimin anyways.

 

A soft hand to his cheek has Yoongi withdrawing from his memories. As his eyes come back into focus he sees Jimin looking at him, a faint smile on his lips and a knowing glint in his eyes.

 

“He loves you jagi. A lot. Just believe in yourself okay.”

 

Yoongi wants to scream that no he can’t believe in himself. He wants to argue all the reasons why he thinks Taehyung must secretly hate. He wants to cry and kick his feet just like Taehyung but instead he simply nods his head in agreement and flashes a smile that doesn’t reach his eyes.

 

Jimin knows that Yoongi doesn’t believe him. He knows just how hard it is for Yoongi to believe that someone could love him. Hell, it took Jimin a good two years before the older boy even acknowledged that Jimin truly did and would love someone like Yoongi. And Taehyung, he was just a kid after all. And kids aren’t like Jimin, ready and able to confess their love over and over again so that the older boy could get it through his thick head that people love him. Taehyung was a kid who like all kids has his ups and downs and Jimin knows he has to push Yoongi to realize that he is loved by their son before it eats the older alive. So Jimin does what he does best, he makes an amazing plan of course.

 

The two boys are still facing each other when Taehyung and Jungkook come racing into the room. Taehyung pounces onto Jimin’s leg while Jungkook does the same to Yoongi.

 

“Less go!!” The two scream in unison.

 

With final goodbye hugs and kisses from Jin, the boys finally head to the park.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook are waddling in front and Taehyung manages to keep his running to a minimum so Jungkook can keep up.

 

Jimin watches them with a smile but frowns when he sees the older boy next to him lost in his thoughts. Jimin catches Yoongi’s hand in his own and flashes him a smile, moving closer so he can rest his head on his shoulder. The position is uncomfortable as hell and Jimin knows he’s gonna have a cramp in his neck soon but it’s all worth it when he hears Yoongi’s low laughter twinkle next to his ear.

 

They’ve made it about a half a block before Jungkook stops abruptly, pulling back a confused Taehyung. The couple stares at the little boy who turns around with wide eyes and a pout.

 

“Kookie tiwide!” He stomps his little feet to emphasize his statement.

 

The couple laughs at the adorable action and Yoongi walks over and picks him up. Taehyung laughs and runs over to Jimin demanding to be picked up too.

 

“I thought you boys were big boys now.” Jimin adjusts Taehyung in his arms which has the little boy giggling into his father’s shoulder.

 

“We awe daddy!” Taehyung brings his head back to look into Jimin’s eyes. “Taetae big bwoy! Kookie too!”

 

“Okay whatever you say big boy.” Yoongi chimes in, leaving the two boys in a giggling fit.

 

They soon make it to the park, and Yoongi puts down the little but not so light boy with a huff. No sooner had his feet reached the ground, Jungkook is pulled by Taehyung to the sandbox his screams of excitement mixing with the buzz of the playground.

 

Yoongi sits down in the bench closest to the sandbox and Jimin slips down next to him, placing his head on the older boy’s shoulder. There’s a content smile on his face and Yoongi wants to grab the younger and kiss him until he’s a giggling mess. But he knows he can’t, not with the nasty looks they’re getting already. But then again Yoongi could care less. He grabs the younger boy’s small hand into his own and intertwines their fingers before bringing it up to his lips. The kiss has Jimin giggling and Yoongi smiles widely to himself.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook start building a sandcastle and Jimin internally groans at the thought of giving Taehyung a bath later. Maybe he’d leave the task to Yoongi today.

 

After an hour of watching the two little boys push sand into places that should never have sand in them (aka down their pants) Jimin prances away with the excuse that he’s getting ice cream.

 

No sooner has Jimin left that Yoongi heard what he dreads most in the world, crying. Worse, Taehyung crying. He frantically shoves his phone into his pocket and races over to the sandbox.

 

“Taetae, what’s wrong baby boy?” He gently pushes the small boy’s hair out of his eyes.

 

“Pa-pa! He M-mean!” Little sobs rack his small frame and Yoongi has to resist the urge to engulf the crying boy into a hug.

 

“Who Taetae? It’s okay. Tell Papa what’s wrong.”

 

“Da bwoy with da wed shwovel.” Taehyung rubs his eyes with his little fists.

 

Yoongi looks over Taehyung’s small frame to see that nobody was around, no little boy’s with red shovels. Wait. Where’s Jungkook?! . Yoongi glances around frantically. He couldn’t deal with a missing boy and a crying boy. Where the hell is Jimin when he needs him.

 

He gives up on finding Jungkook for the time being when Taehyung breaks out in loud sobs again.

 

“Shhhh. Taetae it’s okay. He’s gone. Do you want Papa to beat him up for you?”

 

At Yoongi’s words Taehyung looks up, tears still flowing but eyes comically large and mouth open.

 

“Papa! Noooo!” He clutches onto Yoongi’s arm, tiny fingers digging into the fabric of Yoongi’s sweater.

 

“You can’t do dat! Daddy say fwighting bad!” Taehyung’s tears have stopped by now and Yoongi tries his best to not laugh at the boy’s expression of pure horror.

 

“Okay Taetae. Papa won’t fight.” Yoongi picks up the little boy and places him into his lap, grimacing only slightly at the sand that fell on him.

 

“Good job Papa!” Taehyung smiles up at Yoongi before shoving his face into Yoongi’s chest, small hands now grabbing onto the front of Yoongi’s sweater.

 

“Daddy’s really nice.” Yoongi half questions, half states as he runs his fingers through Taehyung’s soft locks.

 

He feels Taehyung nod against his chest and can't help the return of the sick feeling in the pit of stomach. If only Taehyung liked you as much as he liked Jimin, Yoongi thinks to himself sadly.

 

Suddenly Taehyung moves back and looks up at Yoongi.

 

“Papa weally nice too!” Taehyung smiles widely, eyes almost disappearing, before shoving his face back into Yoongi’s chest.

 

Yoongi’s stunned. He can feel the smile that’s creeping onto his face but he could care less. Taehyung called him nice! Taehyung likes him! Yoongi hasn't failed as a father! Yoongi feels so warm and nice inside he could scream but instead he wraps his arms around the little boy in his lap and holds on with all his might.

 

Jungkook shows up a couple minutes later, waddling towards the duo, hands behind his back.

 

“Where did you go Kookie?” Yoongi finally let’s Taehyung out of his grasp and the little boy rushes into the sandbox to meet his little friend.

 

“Flowa fo Taetae.” Jungkook places his hand out to Taehyung, a red tulip in his small little fists.

 

Yoongi almost cooes at the action and quickly whips out his phone to take a picture to show the others later.

 

“Tanks Kookie!” Taehyung grabs the flower and then engulfs the younger boy in a hug. Jungkook giggles into the hug, glad that Taehyung isn’t crying anymore. He doesn’t like crying.

 

Jimin comes back to find Taehyung and Jungkook playing in the sandbox while Yoongi sits next to them and takes pictures. He immediately notices that there’s something different about Yoongi’s smile and Jimin wants to question him if anything happened but stops himself when he sees how happy Yoongi looks. He can always ask later.

 

“Ice cream time!!” Jimin sings out, handing Taehyung his chocolate cone with rainbow sprinkles and Jungkook his strawberry cone with chocolate sprinkles. Yoongi takes his pistachio cone and places a quick kiss on Jimin’s lips, gummy smile never leaving his face.

 

The action leaves Jimin blushing and trying to hide his grin behind his vanilla cone.

 

The ice cream session ends without any tears, and even though there’s more ice cream on their hands and faces than Jimin would like, he likes to think that it was a success.

 

“Okay cuties. Time to go home.” Jimin cooes while picking up a sticky Taehyung and praying that the little boy doesn’t touch his hair. Taehyung immediately grabs his hair.

 

Yoongi laughs at Jimin’s face as he picks up an equally sticky Jungkook. Thankfully Jungkook doesn’t like touching people’s hair like Taehyung.

 

“Wait Daddy nooooo!” Taehyung wiggles in Jimin’s arm just as they begin walking.

 

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Jimin puts down the squirming boy and squats to look at him.

 

“I wan Papa to cawee me!” Taehyung pouts looking over at Yoongi and making grabby hands.

 

Yoongi’s heart soars at Taehyung’s words and he feels like he’s about to burst from happiness. But then he looks down at the pouting boy already in his arms.

 

“No.” Jungkook nuzzles into Yoongi’s neck and clings on tighter.

 

“Ummmm…” Yoongi looks over at Jimin for help but Jimin shrugs, equally as lost.

 

“Papa!! Cawee me!!” Taehyung runs over and grabs onto Yoongi’s leg, eyes welling up and pout deepening.

 

With a sigh Yoongi leans down and hoists up the little boy into his arm. Jungkook looks up to see what’s going on and smiles when he sees Taehyung hanging on to Yoongi’s other side.

 

Jimin laughs at the older boy clearly struggling in carrying the two boys but he knows Yoongi, and Yoongi would never be able to deny his son what he wants. Yoongi was after all a big marshmallow, no matter how much he denied it.

 

Somehow Yoongi makes it back to Jin’s apartment and Jimin giggles at the look of relief on his face when Namjoon opens the door and takes Jungkook out of his arm.

 

“Why were you carrying both of them?” Jin questions from behind Namjoon, gently squishing a smiling Jungkook’s cheeks.

 

“How were you carrying both of them?” Namjoon deadpans as he hands a squealing Jungkook to Jin.

 

“Willpower. Sheer willpower.” Yoongi states as Taehyung gets comfortable in Yoongi’s arm and Yoongi can’t help but smile at the little boy in his arms.

 

“I’m proud of you hyung.” Namjoon laughs, patting Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

“Well, your son turned out to be a little like you.” Yoongi retorts, small eyes glaring at Namjoon.

 

“Language!” Both Jin and Jimin shout, glaring at Yoongi.

 

Yoongi smiles sheepishly but he’s too distracted by the way Taehyung’s nuzzling into his neck to care.

 

“Well, we’ll see you later. Bye.” Jimin smiles as he wraps an arm over the older boy’s shoulder leading him towards their home.

 

Yoongi waves over his shoulder, eyes still trained on the beautiful little boy in his arms.

 

Jimin pecks Yoongi on the cheek and murmurs, “you finally realized it.”

 

Yoongi turns to smile at the beautiful man next to him and murmurs against his lips, “yeah I did. Love you lots.”

 

Jimin giggles against his lips. “I know. We know.”