S2:21

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tall. Very tall. Like a skyscraper sticking out from a cluster of low rise buildings. Thick black hair and bushy black eyebrows. Like a patch of black weeds grown wild. But the most striking and also disturbing feature is his pair of black soulless eyes. They give away nothing. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s really good at putting on a poker face or because he truly has no soul.

“State your special permission.”

Qas stares directly into Ms Pink’s flaming pink eyes without as much as a flinch. “As the new head of Parliament, I have issued the permission,” he replies in one of the deepest voices I have ever heard.

Ms Pink takes her seat without extending the offer to Qas but he requires no such thing, simply sitting on the chair on the other side of Ms Pink’s desk. As for me? I try to sit unobtrusively on the couch at the side but Qas notices me anyway.

“This human is not authorized to be here.”

“This human is with me. She has signed the NDA.”

“This information is new to me. I was not told. But if that’s the case, I would like to see the contract.”

“Is my word not enough.”

“I am only going by the books.”

As little as I know about Qas, something tells me the last thing he goes by are the books.

Ms Pink takes her tablet out from her drawer and slides it across the table to Qas. He picks it up and from behind, I manage to catch a glimpse of the NDA I had signed long ago, on the screen. Qas looks at the tablet for a moment. Then, without saying a word more, slides it across the table back to Ms Pink.

“What are you here for, Qas?”

“It seems strange to me, the power you wield without being a Sovereign or Federation. But I have never cared about appointments. Titles are but names if without power. So I would like to propose an alliance.”

“Why should I agree?”

“It will benefit us both.”

“I fail to see the benefit.”

“You will have the power,” Qas casts a glance at me, “to keep your human your by side.”

“That is not a benefit I am looking for.”

Qas chuckles and his thick black hair flops down the side of his face. “I may be new to the Parliament but I have my information. If we are to form an alliance, you should not lie as blatantly as this.”

“It is not a benefit large enough to move me.” Ms Pink then folds her arms, showing no other sign of nerves or anger, as she asks, “What benefit would you gain from proposing this?”

Qas chuckles again and I don’t like it one bit. I wish I could slap the floppy black fringe off his face. “Your help. My sources have identified you as the most resourceful of all Royals and some say the power you wield in your hands is arguably more than that of a Sovereign. A few Sovereigns, in fact.”

Ms Pink barks a short laugh. “If I am as powerful as your sources claim I am, I would not require your alliance. My human sits in this room with me as we speak.”

Making the most obnoxious sound with his tongue against his teeth, Qas shakes his head. “There is no need to keep up your pretence. You know that I know a lot about the Sovereigns and Royals. And I know that you know about my ambitions and the lengths I am willing to go to achieve my goals. I am here to skip the part where we dodge in the shadows. It will only hurt us both, and the Sovereigns and Federation will enjoy the show.”

“You know wrong. I do not know about your ambitions and the exact length you are willing to go. What I do know is how you ascended to the Parliament and how you have gained the influence necessary to command the other Parliament members.”

With his head thrown back, Qas laughs like a steam engine starting up. “They were right about you. You are very hard to crack.” His grin is wide but menacing to me. I think it has something to do with his black soulless eyes. “But I value the hard shell.” He sits up and leans his elbows on Ms Pink’s desk. “I know you know who the mastermind behind the series of murders is. In fact, you have the proof of my guilt. But you are withholding it. Why?”

Ms Pink has proof of Qas Sogok’s guilt? What?

“I have no such thing.”

Qas waggles his finger. “You are waiting to use the proof against me. To make me do your bidding. But I am offering you more than what you can get with the proof. With an alliance, you can get more.”

“You have yet to elaborate on the ‘more’. What I’m hearing now is an empty promise.”

“You do not trust me.”

“I have no reason to.”

“The act of coming here should inspire some trust.”

Ms Pink almost smiles. “How would you explain this visit?”

“Business, of course.”

“It will fool neither the Sovereigns nor the Feds. Your visit today will cause me trouble.”

“And when has the Sovereign or Fed been able to stop you from doing what you want?”

Ms Pink betrays no expression.

“I can see us working well together. We both have the ambition to rule the world. With the power in our hands, yours” Qas points to Ms Pink then himself, “and mine, you will be able to construct a new treaty between supers and humans.” Qas leans back in his seat. “As. You. See. Fit.  Think about the possibilities.”

“I am more interested in the business you are here to discuss.”

“You will not be convinced with one visit. That is to be expected.” Qas rubs his chin and purses his lips. “Fine. We will talk shop now.”

X

“Are you really thinking about working with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter