Write..

10 Woohyun drabbles

Angst - Hoya casts a long shadow. 

Woohyun checks himself in the mirror for the tenth time. His hair looks just as wonky as it did 20 minutes ago. He should probably stop tugging at it and just wear a hat or something. He stretches over to the glove box to see if there’s anything. His silver ring catches on the door. Woohyun blinks at it. Involuntarily his eyes travel up – out the passenger-door’s window, winding up the gently sloping hill, our to where the wind rustles the leaves of a willow tree. The place where Sungjong is talking to Hoya again. They were together for six years, therefore Hoya still has Woohyun beaten by a year and a half. Sungjong props flowers like sunbeams against the cool limestone slab. He begins to make his way back to their car. Woohyun quickly sits back, raking his fingers through his hair. He’s forgotten whatever he was looking for. 

 

✭✮✭

 

AU - *sings* Being good isn't always easy, no matter how hard I try~

Don’t worry kid. You’ll get used to it soon,” his grandfather had assured him, the old man seeming perplexed by the Seoul-child entrusted to him for the summer.

Woohyun scoffs. Yeah, sure. He hates this village, this mountain, the locals with their wellington-boots, the non-existent wifi… He hates that “eating out” apparently means having kimbap and flasks of tea in the Church gardens. He doesn’t hate his grandparents for trying to make the best of it. He does hate his parents a little for sending him out here.

 

An ancient bicycle clatters down the pebbledash path and the youngest person Woohyun’s seen all day tumbles off. He has fine eyes, long legs, cute lips and, mercifully, no wellies.

“Sunggyu-yah, morning~!” his grandma calls.

Sunggyu waves back with both hands – and the prettiest smile woohyun’s ever seen – before darting into the Church.

Woohyun might not hate this village so much anymore. 

 

✭✮✭

 

Crack - Woohyun's having trouble finding his magic. 

Perhaps the Oracle’s wrong.

OK, she’s been their Oracle for centuries, predicted the fall of empires, has 100% accuracy… But maybe it’s really 99.9%. Because, according to her, Woohyun’s a Mage, but five years into training he can only make a pencil twiddle (if he concentrates hard and it’s sunny out).

The Head’s on the cusp of being convinced. Woohyun’d easily take the shame of expulsion over another levitation class with Daeryong-ssaem... Which, by the way, he’s late for.

 

Careering into the gym, Woohyun slams into something. He topples over, landing on top of someone soft. And pretty. Their eyes lock. Woohyun can’t move. He’s suddenly overwhelmed. A white ball of energy pulses inside him. A heart lands on the person’s smooth cheek. Woohyun gasps. Heart-shaped petals are fluttering everywhere, it’s raining them. Woohyun’s classmates snicker.

 

“I suggest,” Daeryong-ssaem barks, “You and our new TA go to the infirmary. Quickly!”

 

✭✮✭

 

Crossover - Feat. BTS. I- I was in a Shakespeare kind of mood.

If Woohyun’s learned anything after five hours of being lost, it’s that the forest is vast. Exceptionally vast.

Daylight’s fading. His walkie-talkie’s deadweight. Cold’s numbing his limbs. Can he risk lighting a fire? The forest’s silence presses down on him. Their enemies might be lurking anywhere.

 

A voice! Almost inaudible. Heart racing, Woohyun creeps towards the source. Words slowly become distinguishable.

 

“…whose eyes I might approve this flower’s force in stirring love. Night and-”

 

A great weight forces Woohyun to the dank forest floor. Frantic, he finds a round face looking down at him quizzically. A boy’s pinning him down with preternatural strength. He hears boots dropping to the floor. A grinning man with wild white hair peers at him.

 

“Success! See, Jimin-ah, my plan worked.”

 

Jimin looks increasingly skeptical.

“You sure he’s army, Namjoon-hyung?”

 

Namjoon laughs.

“One way to find out. Let’s tie him up and bring him in.”

 

✭✮✭

 

First time - Cook a meal for your girl, they said. How hard could it be, they said. 

Myungsoo’s full of regrets. As he looks at the eggshells littering his counters, gazes on the mess in the baking-pan, stops Byul eating the raw-on-the-inside-charcoal-on-the-outside salmon steaks.

Endless regrets.

 

He asks his neighbor for help. When Sunggyu’s done cackling, he whips out a stack of restaurant business cards and starts recommending good take-out. Myungsoo’s terrible tempted to yield. How easy it’d be… But no. He promised Jisoo a home-cooked meal and he intends to deliver.

 

“Soo?” his flatmate quickly picks up. From the background noises, he’s in Kibum’s café. Good, that’s nearby. “Why’re you calling me now?”

 

Myungsoo ignores the playful tone – time’s’of the essence.

“Ineedyourhelp”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I need your help.”

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

Myungsoo pouts.

“Hyung, help me~ I’m sorry I kicked you out and dissed your cooking. Your daktoritang wasn’t too salty. Your cooking’s great. Way better than mine… Please help.”

 

Woohyun chuckles.

“Be there in a tick, Soo.”

 

✭✮✭

 

Fluff - Woohyun seriously wonders how Dongwoo made a steep hike in the middle of summer seem like a good idea.

“Let’s eat!”

 

Even Dongwoo’s infectious energy couldn’t prevent Woohyun’s exhaustion. Looking up from avoiding the thick treeroots crisscrossing their path, Woohyun wonders is it heatstroke or is Dongwoo actually shining. He’s standing in a clearing amongst the ash-trees, bouncing on his feet, sweating and happy.

 

Woohyun collapses onto a shady spot and digs out the lunches he brought. They eat up in peace. Sunlight dances through the leaves. The grass is cool between their fingers. There’s no noise but insects buzzing and whatever r&b song Dongwoo’s humming. Dongwoo’s keep to reach the summit, but he keeps still, letting Woohyun rest.

 

Rest excessively. Laughter, a camera shutter – disorientated and embarrassed about dozing off, Woohyun looks up and is blinded (by the Sun or Dongwoo’s beaming smile, he’s not positive which).

 

“Forest-Prince Woohyun-ah~!” Dongwoo sings, showing him the photo. Blushing, Woohyun tentatively inspects his hair. Well, at least it’s a pretty flower-crown. 

 

✭✮✭

 

Future - Hoya hasn't rapped in 5 years. (Unless rapping in the shower counts? He'll check with Baram about that later). 

The presscon’s dragging on. The focus is the fresh-faced idols playing leads. Hoya’s spacing out when PD’s voice in his ear orders him prepare. At the surprise announcement, the small hoard of Inspirits squawk uproariously – still got it, Howon.

 

Woohyun strides on in a suit and peacoat, waving and smiling reservedly. Nervous, Hoya supposes – Woohyun’s producing more than performing sine being discharged… Speaking of, he’s cut some muscle since then, though his arms’re still threatening to rip the seams of his jacket’s sleeves. (Hoya adjusts his own shirt and tie self-consciously).

 

Once the music’s started, a few fingerhearts appear. Winks too after the chorus. Inside Hoya’s cringing. Yet his face keeps grinning. Weird that.

 

The song finishes. Woohyun smirks.

“Did Hoya miss hyung? Why were you smiling so much during my parts?”

 

Hoya flushes scarlet. He thanks heaven when the MC’s interruption saves his fumbling self from needing to answer. 

 

✭✮✭

 

Hurt/Comfort - Based on that IE concert :(

“Sorry.”

 

“Don’t.”

 

“…sorry .It won’t- I can’t stop it.” Crying, he means. He thinks he does. He’s got 60 seconds to pull himself together for their encore. Why can’t he do even this?

 

Sunggyu’s palms heavy on his back, Woohyun tightens his hold on Sunggyu’s waist, hiding his face in Sunggyu’s shoulder. Honestly, he’s rank and sweaty. But he’s also Sunggyu.

Who hates conceding defeat, but once sheepishly climbed into Woohyun’s bed at 2am and shoved apology-chocolate towards him.

Who ribbed Woohyun profusely at ToHeart’s debut, later sending him a rambling, emotional congratulations PM.

 

“It’s me who’s sorry. Wait right here for hyung, OK?”

Sunggyu slips from his arms. Woohyun waits. His tears have subsided.  

 

Sunggyu doesn’t return. Twenty minutes later, Woohyun’s lying in a pleasantly dark, quiet hospital-room. His phone vibrates. Sunggyu’s message is simply a slew of bowing and fist-pumping emoji. Woohyun grins. He turns away to sleep. 

 

✭✮✭

 

- It's all a misunderstanding. For real. (Feel free to guess who Boyfriend is, lol).

The thumbnail had been confusing. That was Woohyun’s excuse to himself and he was sticking to it. Although, that didn’t explain why he’d stayed in the chatroom. Nor why he was still coming back.

 

The thumbnail that day had been a blur of pale thigh and a hint of something lacey. Woohyun clicked disinterestedly, expecting another girl in lingerie like 95% of the other people running chat rooms there.

 

What he got was a boy around his own age with soft, caramel-coloured hair, skin like snow and piercings. And a blond, handsome boyfriend who, apparently, had long fingers. Woohyun stared in bewildered fascination at the pink, bitten nubs and Boyfriend’s fingers as they slid in and out of Piercing’s plump . Finally, shaking himself back to his senses, Woohyun was about to click away (and wipe his history) when Piercing’s voice whimpered through his speakers,

“H-harder, Woohyun-ah. Oh, Woohyunnie…”

 

✭✮✭

 

UST - Special thanks to Showtime for this one.

Woohyun’s at the dance-studio because it’s his only opportunity between filming. Hoya’s here because ‘freetime’ in Hoya-speak translates to ‘training’. Hoya’s eyes follow Woohyun as he’s dancing, stretching, stumbling to his waterbottle before sliding to the floor exhausted, sweat-soaked ratty t-shirt clinging everywhere.

 

Woohyun doesn’t really mind Hoya’s intense gaze. Woohyun needs to improve. Hoya knows how. Presumably the other’s going to offer some constructive criticism. So no, he’s not bothered by his friend’s intense staring. He does wish Hoya would spit it out already though. Is he trying to be polite or what?

 

Woohyun takes another swig. Trembling, tired arms mean water trickles down his neck.

 

“What’s up?” he asks.

 

The straightforward question leaves Hoya momentarily flummoxed. Clearing his throat, he flaps his baggy t-shirt to cool himself down.

“Your… dancing’s improved. That’s all.”

Hoya walks out abruptly, gait somehow stiff. Woohyun wonders if his ankle’s acting up again.

 

 

XXX

 

Thank you for reading~ ໒( ̿ ᴥ ̿ )७