Finish

Hurdles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's break up" 

That was probably the worse way to start anything, though if he was to get some credit it was just a simple sentence. Unfortunately the intent behind said words were only met with complications that only caused a heart ache for him. 

Commonly those words were uttered for the simple (but cruel) fact that someone was falling out of the love they felt in the beginning during a relationship- for Chanwoo, that's not the case at all. He still loves Koo Junhoe, anyone who knew them personally would easily agree with that, but despite this burning love Chanwoo can't seem to find the peace he had before. 

Maybe it was because of his initial concern to Junhoe's sudden developing habit to party, instead of not taking it too seriously his mind had spiraled out of control and he assumed the worst, the little scenarios he created in his head only worsened the more late Junhoe came home or when the photos that was released by the public showed girls latching onto him. 

Of course before those miserable words has truly been uttered Chanwoo would like to say he tried, tried to talk to Junhoe and get him to slow down just a bit. But his boyfriend was Jinhwan's shadow through and through when it came to having fun, so Junhoe shook off his words and still went. 

That's when the words "Let's break up" was uttered under the false pretense of confidence despite his eyes still being faced down watching as his fingers absently tapped on the table. Junhoe paused mid bite, his head still trying to nurse the hangover he had just received after waking up. "What?" 

A feeling of awkwardness soared through him as he vaguely recognized the 'ticks' coming from a clock hanging on a nearby walk, he finally managed to force himself to meet Junhoe's eyes after counting three distinctive 'ticks', his confidence completely melted though now that he said 'Lets break up' aloud, and the harsh glare thrown at him wasn't much of a booster either. Chanwoo opened his mouth, possibly to repeat it- he wasn't exactly sure, but Junhoe beat him to it anyway "I heard you" 

His mouth closed immediately and he resisted the urge to look back down like a scolded child and instead faced Junho head on, watching how Junhoe's cheek was pushed from the inside most likely by his tongue while his hands put down the chopsticks. When he was done thinking Chanwoo in a breath but was absolutely stumped when Junhoe exhaled a simple "No" 

He blinked owlishly confusion swirling in his mind for a moment before he started to stumble "N-No?" Junhoe had already resumed eating again and once he was done chewing on a huge chunk of noddles he replied "Yeah, no- we're not breaking up" 

"Hyung, that wasn't a question" "Yes it was, you implied it that way and I answered, my answer was 'no' end of discussion" Chanwoo let out a scoff and he couldn't help but glance around the empty kitchen, though he startled a bit when Yunhyeong entered whistling and smiling jovially. 

But the smile died on Yunhyeong's lips when Junhoe shot him a cold glare and as fast as his hyung entered he backed away and left obviously sensing the tension between the couple. "I'm not happy" Chanwoo spat out bluntly his patience finally coming to its end as he moved his head back to staring at Junhoe, said narcissist glanced up at him before his teeth "You don't love me anymore?" 

"I didn't say that- 
"So what's the problem exactly?" Junhoe's voice rose an octave and usually Chanwoo would've shushed him, embarrassed at the thought of anyone hearing their private discussions, but now he didn't blanch at it and only strived forward. "The problem is, is that we have no communication" 

"We're talking now!" "But your not even listening!" Chanwoo spat before swallowing hard and closing his eyes feeling the swell of tears about to come f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter