.001

Expectation vs Reality

Mistakes are all mine. 


Expectation:

            To finish her studies, apply for a position that has something to do with her program and do well with her job to get what she wanted in life for her parent to be proud of her.

Reality:

            She’s finished her studies but she’s not standing in front of a tall building or facing people with grumpy faces and asking her what position did she applies for or any question about her degree instead. She’s standing in front of a famous building with famous idols around her.

            “H-hello.” She greeted, you can tell that she’s nervous by just looking at her trembling lips but at least she tries not to show it even though she know she’s failing.

            A man around his 50’s flash a smile at her, his arms inside his wired looking pants. “Welcome to JYP Entertainment. Im NaYeon.”

 

Expectation:

            Do well with her training to become an idol that everyone will look up for, focus on her career until she’ll reach 25 and find a man that she could spend her life with. A man that would treat her right.

Reality:

            “Nayeon-nie meet Jeongyeon, she’s the new trainee.” Jihyo said her doe eyes and wide smile present as she push the tall woman in front of the new girl.

            “Nice to meet you, I’m Yoo Jeongyeon.” The short haired girl introduced herself before curving her lips into a fallen crescent.

            Nayeon smiled back and she instantly frowns when she heard a chuckle from Jeongyeon. “Why are you laughing?”

            The tall girl waves a hand, “It’s nothing, and I just find you cute with those two front bunny teeth of yours.”

            Nayeon bit her lower lip, it feels stranger, and she’s feeling something inside her stomach and it bothers her, what made her feel confused more is when she stares at the latter’s eyes, her eyes shines so bright as if someone put the stars in it.

---

            It’s her 22nd birthday and she didn’t have any idea why she’s with Jeongyeon. Well maybe because she told Jeongyeon that she can’t make it to home tonight and celebrate her birthday with her family because their company wants them to practice for their debut song.

            “Are you okay?” Nayeon snapped out from her trance and face the girl walking beside her, she can’t help but to feel the unwelcomed feeling again seeing the concern look pasted on the girl’s face.

            “Of course, it’s just—why—where are we going?” She asked, ignoring the butterflies roaming around her tummy.

            Jeongyeon glanced at her wrist watch before placing a hand on top of Nayeon’s shoulder. “Wait for me here okay?” She said not giving the other girl a time to open and question her.

            Nayeon shakes her head, she just couldn’t believe that the short haired girl will have the nerve to drag her here and leave her without even explaining herself. After a good 15 minutes and yet the other girl was still nowhere to be found. She let a long sigh as she put a hand on her neck trying to calm herself and not to kill the girl when she shows up. Just when she’s ready to ditch the girl a familiar voice made her stop from what she’s about to do. She almost cry once the turned around and realize that Jeongyeon is singing a ‘Happy Birthday’ song to her with a childish party hat on her, her hands occupied with a circular cake with a bunny on top of it and a balloon floating at her back, probably she tied the tie on her belt.

            “Sorry for making you wait, I know you’re sad because you can’t celebrate your birthday with the ones you love but I hope this will do and my grandma fell asleep that’s why I am late?” She explained, quilt visible on her face. “Oh! Yup. My grandma did this for you. Hope you’ll like it.” A pregnant pause as she stares deeply on Nayeon’s eyes. “Happy Birthday.”

            She can feel a tear escapes from her eyes. She’s touched having someone that would make an effort just to celebrate her birthday.

            At the age of 22 not 25, Im Nayeon is sure she’s falling for the girl wearing a silly wide smile in front of her.

She’s in love. And she didn’t expect that she’ll fall for a girl.

 

 

 

Expectation:

            You two will spend some more time together than usual and eventually confess to each other about how beautiful and perfect you guys are in each other’s eyes.

Reality:

            The bunny is beyond confused. She really is. Her head throbs and she’s feeling dizzy because Jeongyeon is distancing herself to her and it frustrates her. They should be having dinner and talking to each other now but it’s anything but that, whenever she’s cm away from the girl, Jeongyeon will walk away as if she didn’t exist at all.

            What makes her more frustrated is that, Jeongyeon starts to talk and be giddy giddy with the new trainees especially to the blonde girl named MoMo, her eyes harden whenever she sees the two talking and being touchy with each other.

            After a day of finally having enough. Nayeon decided to corner the girl inside the washroom, she scanned the area carefully and when she’s sure that Jeongyeon was alone inside, she grabs the opportunity to lock the door and confront the stubborn Jeongyeon.

            “Nayeon-nie?!”

            “Are you avoiding me?” Nayeon is finally being a bold now, her hands crossed and brows arched as if challenging Jeongyeon.

            “What are you talking about?”

            “Stop acting oblivious, you know what I’m talking about.” She said between gritted teeth. “Did I do something wrong?” She asked, now completely opposite of what she was just a minute ago.

            Jeongyeon’s expression turn into a serious one, her expression became flat. “You didn’t so please if you may excuse me.” She said ready to pass by Nayeon when she felt someone grab her wrist.

            “Stop being stubborn!” Her eyes went wide; it’s her first time to witness a furious Nayeon. “Just when I thought everything is okay between us you eventually start to ignore me and start hanging out and flirting with that MoMo girl!”

            Jeongyeon stepped back as if she’s been hit by a bullet. “Just how dare you to tell me when to stop to flirt when you yourself won’t stop smiling and acting so charming in front of BamBam sunbae?!”

            “W-what do you mean?”

            As if that did it. Jeongyeon brought her hands to her hair and surprised Nayeon when she start to mess it and muttering harsh words. “Damn it. I hate this feeling. This—Argh—It’s just whenever you come close I feel like exploding and whenever you’re away you makes me feel so sad then when you’re talking to BamBam sunbae it makes me want to punch him in the face…” Jeongyeon stopped rumbling before finally wearing her heart from sleeves and letting the wall fall down. “You make me feel so many things at ones, Please stop making me crazy.”

            Nayeon can feel the weakness from Jeongyeon’s voice and she can’t help but to fall harder, slowly yet gently, she cup Jeongyeon’s face and lift it just an inch away from her face. Her eyes locked from Jeongyeon’s hazel brown eyes. She stretch her lips, forming a small smile before blurting out her thoughts.

 “You make me crazy too.”

 

Expectation:

            She’ll surprise you by taking you on a date on fancy restaurant, the table has romantic candle light and has eye pleasing food serves on your plate while a man wearing a suit plays a soft harmony with his violin and she’ll look into your eyes while making a promise of loving you like how a loyal Man loves his wife.

Reality:

            “I thought you’re taking me on a date?” She asked in disbelief when she realized where she’s standing.

            “Well, this is my type of date you know?” The girl cockily said as she sits down on her couch, reaching for the remote.

            “Tell me you’re kidding.” Nayeon threateningly asked her lover.

            Jeongyeon gave her a pointing look. “I’m not kidding, I also not kidding about taking you on a date. That’s why we are here now. I’m not going to take you to a fancy restaurant in our first date and receiving a judging stare from the immature people not understanding that love just don’t revolve between a man and a woman, I won’t let them hurt you with their words that’s why for starters I brought you here because I want us to be comfortable with each other while cuddling without other people judging us.”

            Nayeon was surprised hearing the thoughtful words from her lovers mouth, she won’t ask God what she did from her past life to deserve the woman in front of her instead, will thank him for making this girl be hers.

            “Sorry If I disappoint you or I didn’t reach your expectation—“

            “No, don’t apologize.” Nayeon said as she set herself between her lover’s legs while taking the girl’s hands to wrap it around her waist.

“I know what you mean, from now on; I will let you love me the way you know how to love. Please continue to love me, Jeongyeon-na.”

 

Expectation:

            Your first fight is because she’s flirting with someone and you’ll end up being jealous.

Reality:

            “I HATE YOU!”

Nayeon flinch because of the words that came out from Jeongyeon’s mouth, she look down feeling guilty because of what she did.

            “WHY DID YOU BREAK MY LEGO HOUSE” Jeongyeon sobs. Her eyes full of anger as she clench her first real hard. Nayeon was afraid there for a moment because she thought the girl will break up with her.

            “I’m really sorry.” She said sincerity in her voice as she kneels down in front of a sobbing Jeongyeon while hugging her Lego collection. “Please, I’m really sorry. I will do everything just stop crying.”

            Instead of stopping, Jeongyeon bawl her eyes out, her years of building the Lego house went to waste in a blink of an eye because of her lover. Nayeon pull her bottom lip out, her eyes turning into something that will reminds you of a puppy’s eyes.

            “I will help you build a new one if you want, just stop crying okay?” Nayeon said as she starts to wipe away the tears from her lover’s face. She knows they look childish but she should have known that Jeongyeon treasures her Lego Collection just like how she treasures her.

            “You will help me?”

            “Yes, we’ll build a house together.”

            And as if that was powerful than I love you, Jeongyeon stopped crying.

 

Expectation:

            After your first date she will drive you home, both of you will stop in front of your front door, you can heard the a song playing inside your house, it a romantic song. And suddenly she will walks up to you, tucks your strand of hair behind your ear, and kisses you before saying good bye.

Reality:

            The have been dating for about 2 months now but they haven’t had their first kiss yet, well they kiss each other on the cheeks but that’s it. Well there’s this one time. After their second date. Jeongyeon drive her home and walk her to their front door. Nayeon thought that the kiss will finally happen that night because of their close proximity but when she closed her eyes and wait for the lips on hers, it turns out that Jeongyeon don’t have a plan to kiss her on the lips instead on her forehead. She wasn’t that disappointed that night thought because it’s romantic when the one you love kiss you on your forehead but a kiss on the lips will do the magic.

            She’s been sitting at the floor of their practice room with a burger in her hand, she’s been zoning out while chewing the piece of heaven inside ignoring the weirdness of her members.

            Suddenly, she felt a thin lip on her hers. She can feel every nerve in her body stiffs. What did just happen? She thought before slowly tilting her head to the left and realizes that her lover is staring at her as if she’s everything. She’s sure her eyes are still open while as she gaze at her.

            Her lips flatten as she raises her index finger and point it at her lover. Just when she’s about to open , Jeongyeon leans closer to her and peck at her lips. It’s so quick Nayeon wants to shove Jeongyeon to her.

Just like that, she realized that, that was their first kiss. No sappy background music no tacking of hair or romantic ambiance instead their debut song is the one playing from the studio and a burger in her hands.

Expectation:

            She will messages you with something to cheesy yet romantic, you will call each other, you spend hours on the phone talking, hearing each other’s voice, laughing together and talking about nonsense things just to make the conversation going but she will realize that it’s already past 2 in the morning so she will tell you to go to sleep and you will, you’ll go to bed and wake up with a smile because you know you just dreamt of her.

Reality:

            Nayeon closed her phone after taking the call of her lover, it’s already past 2 in the morning and they have to wake up early because they have a practice. She groans feeling her eye bags under her eyes. She hug her pillow trying to get the sleep that she deserve forgetting about the fact that she’ll probably wake up grumpily tomorrow, well decided to just deal with it tomorrow since she’s 100% sure, Jungyeon eye bags will be exactly like hers.

Expectation:

            She surprised you when you’re done for your rehearsal. She has flowers in her hands and ready to give a speech of how sorry she was for fighting with you over nonsense things.  

Reality:

            She surprised you but with a carrot in her hand. She standing straight and holding out the carrot with a proud smile on her face.

            “What the heck is that?”

            “Carrot?”

            “Well, duh? I know but what for?”

            “For being sorry.”

            “Eh?”

            “Peace offering?”

            “…”

            Jeongyeon scratch the back of her head finding Nayeon’s confused look cute yet intimidating at the same time.

            “Because flowers are too mainstream these past few days so I bought a carrot for you since you are a rabbit. My rabbit.”

            “Please forgive me babe, please?”

 

Expectation:

            When you are cold, she will remove her coat and will wrap it around your body and will wrap her hands around your own and blow some warm breathe on it while asking if you are feeling cold so for her to keep you warm.

Reality:

            Jeongyeon’s brows furrows when she realizes that her lover is hugging herself as if her life depends on it. “Where’s you jacket?”

            Nayeon avoids Jeongyeon’s pointing stare, “I forgot to bring it.”

            Jeongyeon chuckles hearing her girlfriend’s reason, “Of course you did.” She said, obviously mocking the poor girl. But since she’s a very kind girlfriend, she pulls something inside her bag. “I know you tend to be a grandma sometimes and forget some things that’s why I prepare this extra coat. Wear this before you die from the weather.” She jokes but still helps her girlfriend to wear it.

            “What are you doing?” Nayeon asked, completely puzzled to why Jeongyeon removing her left gloves.

            “I know you’re still feeling cold that’s why you have to give me your left hand.” And as an obedient girlfriend, Nayeon did what she was told. She watches how Jeongyeon help her to put the gloves on and grab her right hand, securely interlocking their fingers before putting it inside the pocket of her coat.

            “Tell me if you’re still feeling cold okay?” Jeongyeon asked, her eyes looking everywhere but Nayeon’s.

            “I-I will” Ignoring the burning of her cheeks and ears, she continues. “And thank you.”

           

 

Expectation:

            Things will never go wrong.

Reality:

            “I don’t think your mother likes me.” Jeongyeon suddenly commented, their happy smiles washed away after that.

            “What makes you think that? Of course mom like you!” Nayeon nudge her lover as she buries her face on the crook of Jeongyeon’s neck.  

            “But what if your mom doesn’t like me?” Jeongyeon pushed. Her arms now wrapped around Nayeon’s, lips pressing on her girlfriend’s forehead.

            “Who wouldn’t love you?” The bunny jokes.

            “Yah! I’m serious.”

            Nayeon became silent there for a moment, “Then promise me one thing.”

            “What is that?”

            “That we will make things right when they go wrong.” Nayeon said, finally looking up to Jeongyeon.

            “I promise.”

            “I love you.”

            “I love you too.”

 

Expectation:

            She loves me more than anything in this world.

Reality:

            She loves me more than her Lego Collection.