Spring

Pastel Pink (Seulgi and Yeri One-Shot)

Author’s note: I was finished editing my picture for Wendy, and then I received a notification from Red Velvet’s Instagram account, and I saw Seulgi and Yeri acting cute together today… so I decided to write a one shot. It’s been a long time since I wrote something… so this one shot might be messy. I’m sorry in advance… and I hope you guys like it.

 

 

The weather was perfect but the cold spring breeze gave both of them a chilly sensation down their spines, yet Yeri managed to wear a plain white sweater, black pants, a pair of pink Chuck Taylors, and a pink backpack. She looked like a pink pastry with all those pastel pink colors, and Seulgi, despite the 50% masculinity that she has, was too reluctant to wear such fashion, so she wore a black sweater, a plain warm yellow long-sleeved shirt beneath it, a black cap, and a pair of black Chuck Taylors. Seulgi’s that type of person to wear dark colors instead of bright colors for spring… she just doesn’t get the idea of wearing bright colors or looking like a cherry blossom.

“Yeri, aren’t you cold?” Seulgi said along with a slight shiver, her whole system is not cooperating to create sufficient warmth.

“You’re the one who seems cold.” Yeri smiled brightly at Seulgi, while the bear just rolled her eyes, and she began to adjust her eyeglasses.

The between the two isn’t that huge, and Seulgi is somehow aware of it. Seulgi is the type of person to stay at home and sleep all day, while Yeri is the type of person to find the chamber of secrets, find the Holy Grail, and create chaos everywhere, and that left Seulgi no choice but to accompany her in her Han River Park getaway.

“I’m glad you’re here with me unnie.” Yeri said as she enthusiastically bopped her body slightly.

“Thank goodness you’re not dropping the honorifics while we’re hanging out.” Seulgi sighed in relief as she remembered Joy calling her “Kang Seulgi” only. While she’s at it… what if Joy was also here? She began to think, and she wriggled the thought away quickly.

“If Joy-unnie was here, I would do the same thing.” Yeri giggled mischievously, and Seulgi was surprised that Yeri was able to read her mind.

Seulgi was quite frustrated. “Don’t even think about it.” Yeri began to laugh loudly and she began to steady herself in a polite composure for her bear unnie.

Both of them continued to walk and admire their surroundings, but Seulgi was acting all nervous, nervous that ordinary people would recognize them. Of course ordinary people would recognize them. But Seulgi wasn’t scared for herself, she was scared for Yeri.

“We need to sit somewhere secluded.” Seulgi said nervously as she quickly held Yeri’s hand.

“It’s going to be fine unnie, no one will notice us.” Yeri winked cutely.

Seulgi looked at Yeri intently. She looked at her with complete sincerity through her eyes, similar to Wendy would look at hers, but looking at Yeri was different. She knew Yeri as a bubbly and energetic person, but looking through those exhausted eyes, Seulgi knew something was up.

Yeri noticed Seulgi looking at her closely. She was starting to get anxious as if Seulgi swallowed everything that was made out of her. She has to admit that she’s scared of people. She mentioned it once on television, but she’s too afraid to spit it all out.

Seulgi must muster up all the courage she has to say to Yeri at this moment. “Yeri, why did you invite me here in the Han River Park?”

Yeri was about to burst into tears, but she held it back by smiling at Seulgi. She was completely aware that she is having a difficult time, but it wasn’t an obstacle for her to break down in front of someone she greatly looks up to, Joy’s dancing teacher, Kang Seulgi. She just has to endure it a little more.

“I just want to have fun.” Yeri said as if she’s a little girl desperate to go to a playground. “If unnie wants to go to a place where no one will notice us, it’s fine.”

Seulgi released Yeri’s hand gradually and she began to sigh heavily. She gave an awkward smile to her little sister, and Yeri smiled at her in response, and this time, Yeri had the initiative to hold her unnie’s hand.

Yeri began to lead the way but Seulgi had the urge to resist on following her footsteps. Yeri stopped momentarily and she frowned at Seulgi who’s slowing her down.

Seulgi looked at her closely once more. “You’re holding my sweater paw.” She said as she showed Yeri her hidden hand underneath the soft consistency of her yellow sweater.

Yeri didn’t release Seulgi’s sweater paw. “Did Irene unnie do the laundry by chance?” Yeri asked her suddenly, and the clueless Seulgi began to do the adorable bear tilt in confusion.

“Of course she did.” Seulgi smirked, and Yeri pulled Seulgi’s sweater paw close to her nose, and she began to smell it.

Yeri was able to smell a hint of cherry blossom scent and she had no doubts about Irene’s taste on fabric softeners. “Well?” Seulgi began to ask her as she finally released her sweater paw.

“I smell Irene unnie all over it.”

 

Despite the slight arguments along the way, and the “almost-getting-recognized-by-ordinary-people” incident, the two finally found a perfect spot to have a casual conversation. They consider it as their relaxation time more or less.

“Near the bridge… seriously…” Seulgi sighed as both of them began to sit down.

“Hi, frogs,” A recognizable voice began to greet both of them and Seulgi sighed heavily yet again.

Yeri began to turn around and she started to laugh. “Hi, Sooyoung-unnie,” she greeted Joy as if Captain America greeted Iron Man happily, minus the civil war. Seulgi began to wipe away the thought of Joy and Yeri having a civil war, because they always did.

“Did you guys go to the tennis court?” Irene suddenly appeared and Seulgi gave her thumbs down in response.

“So you just dated?” Wendy said as she appeared behind Irene. “It is expected from Seulgi-ssi whose exercise is breathing.”

“I made that comment ages ago, Wendy.” Seulgi stifled a laugh, while the three of newcomers sat beside them.

“While both of you are at it, I’ll take a picture of both of you.” Wendy giggled excitedly, while Seulgi and Yeri looked at each other in embarrassment. “Why are you guys so embarrassed, I mean look at the aesthetic background.”

“Here we go again.” Joy rolled her eyes.

“No homo everyone…” Irene said in an unexpected whispering tone.

“You have to act lovingly with each other.” Wendy suggested to Seulgi and Yeri.

“I JUST SAID NO HOMO WENDY.”

“Don’t care what she thinks gays.” Joy said naughtily and Irene hit her with an empty plastic bottle.

Seulgi began to lay her head on Yeri’s shoulder softly and Yeri was blushing in embarrassment. “Is this good Wendy-unnie?” Yeri asked and Wendy nodded as she snapped a picture using her phone.

“Bits and pieces named “Kang” are pretty.” Yeri said all of a sudden and Seulgi stopped lying her head down on Yeri’s shoulder.

“W-w-hat…”

“She’s referring to the Hangang Park. Gang in Korean can be Kang, and it can be a river. It’s a play of words dumb bear she’s playing with your heart.” Joy teased Seulgi and Seulgi looked down in disappointment combined with humiliation.

Yeri frowned at Joy. “Seulgi unnie is pretty too, you know?” Yeri said in a defensive tone.

“What Korean drama are we watching?” Irene asked and Wendy laughed.

“I was just teasing her.” Joy said sincerely while Wendy continued her job for the Seulgi and Yeri 2016 Spring Collection photo shoot.

 

After the Seulgi and Yeri 2016 Spring Collection photo shoot, their managers began to pick them up at Han River Park, in preparation for them to go home. The daylight hours were speeding up fast as if everything happened in a blur between the cosmos, but Seulgi and Yeri remembered everything, especially the mainstream song for spring, Busker Busker’s “Cherry Blossom Ending” playing on repeat all throughout the trip home. Joy wanted to choke slam someone during that course of time.

 

The relaxing Han River Park getaway gave their exhausting nerves a break as the sun began to set, indicating for them to rest. As soon as they reached their dormitory, they entered rapidly and went to the living room casually. Irene immediately went to search for her unfinished laundry, Wendy changed her sweater and headed out to buy food from the nearest convenience store, and Joy locked herself up, leaving Seulgi and Yeri behind sitting on the couch silently.

“I know you’re tired Yeri.” Seulgi said sadly as she held both of Yeri’s cold hands. “It must have been difficult for you, but unnie is here.”

“Thank you for the motivation unnie.” She said softly. “I needed it.”

Seulgi was the expert motivator and listener even though some people treat her as a dumb bear. She’s the perfect person that will accompany you to see different places and different faces, take her secret date with Irene somewhere in Seoul and Wendy in a restaurant for example. Seulgi also wondered if Yeri felt the same comfort as Irene and Wendy does.

“I’m glad you needed it.” Seulgi smiled widely, and Yeri laid her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“I’m tired unnie.” Yeri yawned.

“Bits and pieces named “Kim” are pretty.” Seulgi said out of the blue and she could feel Yeri laughing through her stiff shoulders.

“There are lots of Kims in this world, Kim as a surname and Kim from Kimbap and Kimchi.”

“There are also lots of Pringles in this world. I love a lot of things. But there’s only you. And this time I mean it.” Seulgi said as she heard an audible notification tone, indicating that her photos with Yeri have been uploaded already.