Pain-reliever

Pain-reliever

    

    It’d been a long day and Jinyoung just wanted to sleep. Apparently Junghwan wasn’t going to have that. He kept nudging Jinyoung and tugging on his hair making it impossible for Jinyoung to fall into dreams inside the waiting room. Junghwan was doing it for Jinyoung of course. If he fell asleep Jinyoung’s voice would pay for it, and a groggy live was never very impressive. Still with Jinyoung as tired as he was, Junghwan was starting to look like the devil’s favorite son.

 

    Ever since the Jindeul subunit’s debut things had been crazy for the both of them, but somehow it seemed to take more of a toll on Jinyoung than Junghwan. Junghwan noticed this and wondered if it was because Jinyoung had produced the songs, or maybe that he wasn’t working as hard as Jinyoung and needed to step it up. Either way, Jinyoung was slowly turning into a zombie in front of him and he wanted to find a way to help.

 

    He pulled Jinyoung into a standing position. “Come on it’s almost time to go. Just hang in a bit longer. We just need to go onstage and let them announce the winner and then we can go home and rest.”

 

    “Not quite.” Their manager interrupted. “You two still have an interview and then Jinyoung has a meeting to look at a drama script.”

 

    Junghwan shot his manager a ‘you are so not helping’ look. He rubbed Jinyoung’s shoulders as if to erase the words he’d just heard. “Whatever, it’ll be alright. You can do this Jinyoung, just stay awake a little longer.” He tried to open Jinyoung’s eyes his one if his hands while the other hand was keeping him from going back to the couch. “Come on, just a little longer.”

    Jinyoung mumbled something between an ‘alright’ and an ‘I know’ and let his weight fall backwards onto the cushion.

    “Five minutes.” The call came.

    “Jinyoung we need to go now.” He pulled his leader to his feet again and only just managed to get him where he needed to be.

    

Two months later

    

    Things were only getting busier for Jinyoung. The pilot of a variety show he’d taken part it had gotten the highest rankings in its time slot and was being turned into a regular program, which meant a sixteen hour filming every Tuesday. Then he’d been cast in a drama and a movie which filled the rest of his days. Any free time he had went to practicing and songwriting.

 

    Despite this it was hard for him to complain. Work was work, he was lucky to have it. That was the mindset he tried to hold at least.

 

    Junghwan wasn’t having it. After promotions had ended things had gone back to normal for him. He had a regular spot on a guest panel and would promote B1A4 on variety shows and music programs from time to time, but it was nothing compared to Jinyoung’s schedule. Junghwan was still able to get a good nights sleep and hang out with his friends. It made him feel guilty seeing his best friend suffering like this while he was just fine. He had to do something to help.

 

The next day on V app

 

    “I wasn’t really sure how I was going to do this, but I’ve been thinking about it for a while. I know my fans will be very surprised and I’m sorry for that, but I really can’t live my life like this anymore. In secret.” Junghwan cleared his throat in an effort to keep his voice from catching. “I know this probably seems like a strange time to do something like this, barely anyone is up at six am on a Saturday anyway, but once I made the final decision I couldn’t wait anymore. I don’t know maybe I wanted less of an audience as well. I want you to know that my feeling at about you all won’t change even if you hate me for this. I’ll understand.” His emotions were starting to get a hold of him and despite himself his eyes were starting to sting with tears. “I know by now your probably really curious as to what I’m about to say aren’t you? I’m sorry I don’t mean to be cruel, I just don’t really know how to say this.” He took a shuddering breath. “I’m gay. I have been for as long as I can remember. I tried so hard to change this about myself when I was younger but now… now I just want to be able to live my life and love who I want.” The comments erupted. Some supportive, some scathing but Junghwan didn’t look at them. He knew he was about to say something that would cause even more of an outburst. “I know what most of you are probably wondering. You’ll want to know whether I’m dating or not. I’ll tell you that I am. He is someone you are familiar with as well.” he paused again, this time for several minutes. The comments stacked up and the amount of views increased as the fans spread the news of what was going on. He knew he was about to do something he shouldn’t (though this entire broadcast had been something he shouldn’t have done) and was very close to ending the broadcast as it was, but he knew that he still had the most important part left to say. The reason he was doing this in the first place.

 

    “Jinyoung is my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for three years and are very serious about each other. I hope you will respect us and our decision as adults to be in a relationship. Thank you for being with us for this long, and I hope you will continue to support us in the future, though I will understand if you don't. This has been B1A4’s Sandeul. I love you all.” He shut off the live stream and immediately broke down into sobs. His emotions a tornado of relief and regret. He hoped it would be worth it.

 

One week later

 

    Things had gone just about the way he’d expected them to. Sandeul had been “temporarily” removed for his position on the guest panel; Jinyoung had lost his role in his drama and variety show (However the director of the movie he was starring in was himself a gay man and vehemently refused to remove Jinyoung from the cast.); the managers were pissed his bosses were pissed and Jinyoung was refusing to speak with him.

 

    The thing that surprised him was how understanding the other members were. He had explained to them why he’d done it as best as he could and they told him that they would support his decision, they only wished he had spoken to them about it first. Despite their acceptance he apologized profusely. About how he felt like he had betrayed their trust. About how this would damage their careers as well. Still he didn’t regret doing it, not if it meant Jinyoung could finally breathe.

 

    Junghwan refused to go anywhere near the internet for fear of his soul being ripped apart by the netizens. Thankfully the members usually bought most of the groceries anyway so he didn’t have to go out of the house either. Jinyoung continued to ignore him, leaving as early as he could on his filming days and staying at the recording studio on his rest days. Even so his face was a lot brighter… and his eyes didn’t look so dark anymore.

 

    B1A4’s album had been put on hold, but thankfully the rest of the members careers weren’t harmed much otherwise. Dongwoo was rushed into a solo by the company, rushed by the company's terms at least, Dongwoo had been preparing a solo album for years; Sunwoo was cast in a drama that was receiving better than expected ratings; and Chansik  was made an MC of a music program. Like that Junghwan's guilt lightened and he was able to go back to having a normal relationship with s.

 

    He didn’t miss much about his life before his announcement. Not yet at least. Honestly it was nice to be able to relax for once, without any responsibility bearing down on him. He did miss Jinyoung though. The biggest downside.

 

5 years later

    There were a lot of changes coming in Junghwan’s life. That’s what he was told anyway. His friends has given him advice aplenty but it didn’t soothe his worries. He was scared as hell.

 

    B1A4 hadn’t broken up, their hiatus has lasted two years, but finally it seems like the public had accepted them enough to have a comeback. They even won a few awards. Dongwoo had established himself as a solo artist and was well respected in the music community. Sunwoo solidified his name as an actor and any drama with his name on it was expected to be a hit. Chansik would be getting out of the army soon which meant a comeback would be happening for B1A4 in the near future. Things were going pretty well for them.

 

    Jinyoung’s life had changed the most drastically. His movie so long ago had set records in tickets sold. The year after that he became famous in China from being on a celebrity producers competition. Then finally he began to forgive Junghwan, and began to realize that he might even be thankful to him... and for him.

 

    Junghwan was stressed. Extremely. Exceedingly. Stressed. Which was only normal. The adoption had finally come through after two years of work and waiting. It was only right that he was worried, but at least he had Jinyoung to help him through it all.


A/N:

I don’t like to write unhappy endings… so I didn’t.

If the times are confusing don’t ask me because I confused myself lol Just know that this is set a few years from now… sorta….

Oh god I’m so cheesy.

I didn’t edit this as you can probably tell… sorry^^

My fist B1A4 fic yay!!!! I'm sorry that it's so rushed... I rush things...

Comments are loved and appreciated and coddled like children!