One

Running from Destiny

Byun Baekhyun was one of the most skilled surgeon in all areas in Gangnam’s Hospital and was one of the most popular doctor in the faculty. He was a soft hearted man with a good sense of humour and had a way with people that others couldn’t explain. Baekhyun believed that every life was worth saving no matter age, race, religion, and he carried this vow to his death. People always admired him for not only his skills but looks as the young man was blessed with god forbid ing hot genes. But as many winks and kisses blown his way there was only one woman in his heart that ran through his mind all day. He had just finished his rounds and was about to clog out to grab her from the airport when Seokjin- one of his colleagues- walked in and told him that someone was waiting for him outside the hospital.

Baekhyun cracked a smile and immediately changed into a pair of blue washed jeans and a white fluffy shirt with a checker shirt hung on his waist. He jumped into the elevator and played with his hair in the mirror. His angel always loved how his hair was fluffy so he purposely puffed his hair a bit to appear fluffy. Suddenly the door opened and a pair of army men walked into the elevator, they glanced at Baekhyun as he gave them a small salute with a grin.

“How is service treating you?”

“It’s okay, I feel a bit depressed to be completely honest.” The blonde one looked down as he focused on the cast his arm was engulfed in.

Baekhyun whistled, “Wow buddy, what did you do there? Dislocated it? Or fracture?” he bend down and looked at the cast with a hand on his chin. The blonde man chuckled making the other man beside him crack a smile.

“I broke it to be more specific.”

“What in the lord’s name did you do?!” Baekhyun gasped like an old woman that heard her daughter was pregenant and her son in law was on a business trip.

“He was moving some cargo and accidentally tripped over his own foot.” The tanned man crossed his arm, looking rather bored but a smile was still plastered on his face.

“I did not! Don’t listen to him, Doc.” The blonde begged and Baekhyun chuckled and walked over to the tanned man. He whispered into his ear while looking at the other with a mischievous expression.

“Was there any in the cargo?”

The tanned one smirked and turned to him, “You wanna bet?”

Baekhyun gasped like the former old woman he was before while the blonde man whined on the edge of embarrassment of a soldier.

“Well good luck to you guys and I hope we can meet one day, hmm?” Baekhyun pat them on their back and they chuckled, “Maybe for a little bit of,” he gestured to drinking soju and they nodded with approval as he walked out of the elevator he waved his hand.

When he reached the entrance where he was expecting for the beauty from beauty and the beast, he was met with an unexpected person that he never thought he would come across again in his life. The man stood there in his camo military uniform with his hat on his head low, when he walked over to the man he gave him a small smile while the other gave him a face filled with nothing but sympathy, which made Baekhyun confused.

“What’s wrong Joonmyeon hyung? Are you finally here to take me to the army for my service?” Baekhyun put his wrist together, ready for the cuffs as he always ran away from him. Joonmyeon always was chasing him down to do his military service.

“Baekhyun, I’m not here today on behalf of the chief commander of-“

“Wait really? Oh yeah! I escaped from him again!! See ya es!” Baekhyun walked past him with glee as he rejoiced- another year he ran away from his service.

“Eun Doyeon.”

That name made every cell in his body freeze as he stopped in his footsteps. Joonmyeon turned around and for the first time Baekhyun saw something in his eyes that he had never seen before. And for some reason, Baekhyun knew why Joonmyeon was here today instead of Eun and even though that petite woman never told Baekhyun about what her real job was, he just knew from all her absences and bruises on her body that she didn’t work at the office.

But he refused to believe the fact that she could be…

“Gone.”

Everything Joonmyeon said was silenced out by a loud noise in his ear as he felt his knee feel weak and the world was turned upside down. It wasn’t till Joonmyeon grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him awake.

“Byun ing Baekhyun, for goodness sake listen to me!”

“No… I won’t. She is not gone hyung, she can’t be. I don’t understand!”

Joonmyeon let go of him and the man that felt his heart shattered minutes ago was standing there with a darkness clouding his eyes. “She is not gone hyung. You people are just lying, right?”

At that moment, Joonmyeon wished he could have told him that he was joking and she was hiding in their apartment and was waiting for him to come home and surprise her.

 But she wasn’t.

“Baekhyun… I’m so sorry…” he pulled the white letter out and gave the letter to the man with eyes that were clouded with tears threatening to fall.

With a shaky hand, he slowly grabbed the letter with his heart beating way faster than it should and anxiety with hurt, sadness and bitterness he grabbed the letter and saw her cute writing on the letter. He refused to open the letter and scrunched up the enveloped in his fist as the tears finally fell. That night when he arrived home, it felt so empty even though it was majority of the time but that night he couldn’t remember anything but her sweet smile that was burnt into his heart.


Hi guys!

This is the first chapter and as promise it is only 1023 words (oops went over a bit xD) I hope you guys like this and I’m sorry if this is boring and confusing but I will clear everything eventually. I am extremely busy so I can’t guarantee any update any soon but I will try my best! I hope you guys have a wonderful day and enjoy this.

Please comment your thoughts and ideas! Also dont forget to comment and subscribe if you haven’t and I wont be that ridiculous to ask for upvotes but I hope you enjoy this!

Love missachixx