final

March Twenty Eighth

 

Mark woke up earlier than usual. He was in a good mood. He got out of bed and stretched like a cat. He looked back at the bed and saw his husband sleeping peacefully. Jackson never liked waking up early in the morning and Mark never had the heart to wake him up either, specially when the other was sleeping so peacefully.


Mark smiled at the sleeping Jackson, went up to him and planted a soft kiss on his cheeks.
"It's time to wake up, sleepy head." he said softly.
"Nghh..." was Jackson's only reply.
Mark giggled at that. His husband could be really adorable at times. He looked at the younger's sleeping figure one last time before heading out of their bedroom into the kitchen.


He decided to let Jackson sleep some more. It was the weekend after all. Neither of them had work and honestly, Mark liked this rare commodity called 'silent Jackson Wang'. Although he wouldn't trade the 'On-Loudspeaker mode Jackson Wang' for anything in the world.


Once in the kitchen, he put on his apron. Jackson would tell him every morning how adorably cute he looked wearing that apron and preparing breakfast for both of them.


He looked at the calendar on the fridge and smiled at the date.

It was 28th March.

It was Jackson's birthday.

Mark had decided to keep it simple by just preparing a special breakfast for his Mandu.

He was still beating eggs for the pancakes when Jackson came and stood at the kitchen doorway with a pout.

"You left me alone..." he whined.
"Well, someone had to prepare breakfast and I figured it wouldn't be you..." Mark replied with a shrug.
"You're in the kitchen early today...Any special occasion?" Jackson asked, cheekily while backhugging Mark, his chin on the older's shoulder.
"Well...you should know well enough. Now go away, I don't want you to mess up my kitchen." He shooed Jackson away, smiling all the while.
"Psht...One cooking lesson from Jinyoung and now you're the kitchen boss?" Jackson mumbled, dejectedly.
"What was that?"
"Nothing, Jagi." He said, dragging himself lazily to the living room.

 

"Sheesh, my dear Dimsum doesn't want his Mandu's company...I guess I'll just watch TV then.." Jackson grumbled as he sat on the couch, randomly flicking through the channels.
Mark shook his head at that. It sometimes felt as if he was married to a toddler rather than a grown man.

 

Mark had just finished making the pancakes when the phone started ringing. Jackson, who was still watching TV, didn't bother answering.

"Yah! Can't you hear the phone ringing? Hurry up and answer it." Mark said, from the kitchen.
"Ani...I refuse to answer the phone. What business do people have, calling us this early, anyway? Just pretend we're still in bed." Jackson replied, lazily.

The phone rang a few more times, before it got diverted to voicemail.

 

"Yo! You have called Mandu and Dimsum. But, sadly we're too busy loving each other right now, so we can't answer your call...But, do leave a message after the beep"

 

It was Jackson's voice.

 

Mark remembered how the boy was grinning from ear to earwhen he recorded that. And Mark's face had been as red as a tomato.

 

The phone beeped, and the person on the other line started speaking.

"Mark-hyung, are you at home? I didn't see you there this morning...Did you come to visit hyung earlier on? Are you okay, hyung? I thought we were supposed to go there  together but we had a hard time trying to contact you...We had the place cleaned up. Mom's not as emotional as last time. Please take care of yourself, hyung and call us. We're worried sick about you. Its already been a year, hyung. Try to get over it soon, okay?"
 

With that the person hung up.

 

 

 

Mark stood still for a few seconds. The pancakes were done. He washed his hands and walked out of the kitchen into the empty living room. The TV was switched off just as he'd left it the night before. The remote control, still on the coffee table.

 

"Hey...Jagi, that was Bambam. Why didn't you pick up? They called to wish you happy birthday..."

 

--------------geunyang kkeut---------------

 

A/N: Please comment? ^^"