1/1

of Sims and Retarded Duos

Jungkook has always been a gamer (a pretty darn addicted one).

Amnesia? That ain't any kick (although he did get kicked in the shin –courtesy of Jin– when that cowardly hyung was watching him play). Dark Souls? That ain't any kick (although he did get kicked in the ankle –courtesy of Namjoon– for not letting the couple have their privacy time in Jin/Jungkook's shared house). Grand Theft Auto IV? Let's just say he won the Top Speed Challenge, earned $10 million from Online Heists and cracked all the cheats in the game.

So it is safe to say that it wasn't weird for Jungkook to be seen staring intently at his heavy-duty-gaming-laptop with his fingers fumbling across his lighted keyboard for hours.

So when Jin plopped down beside his dongsaeng in his small bed, craned his neck over to see what the kid was playing (it always looked so interesting and intense), he was expecting to see abominable zombies chewing on dismembered bodies or ghoulish ghosts chasing after his or armed men engaged in a gunfight.

"Why is there a half man in your screen?" Jin blurted out in surprise.

"This is me." Jungkook replied curtly, his eyes never leaving the screen as he adjusted the features of the unknown man.

"What the hell is this?" Jin asked, his eyebrows furrowing together as he tried to find out the name of the game.

"Sims, hyung, Sims. Haven't you ever heard of Sims?" Jungkook deadpanned with a roll of his eyes as he adjusted the nose of the man a millimeter thicker. "Asa!" Jungkook nodded as he moved on to the mouth feature.

"I heard of it. But isn't that a game for toddlers? Shouldn't you be playing games like Far Cry Primal which was just released last month?" Jin clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he stared at the half man in slight disapproval.

"It's the newest version. It's online now hyung, it's multiplayer. Of course I am going to play this ." Jungkook huffed as he tilted his head to his sides alternatively, trying to judge the looks of the unknown man.

"Whatever. Shouldn't his nose be smaller? He would look better with a smaller nose and plumper lips. Like mine." Jin said as he puckered his lips together, leaning forward to the cringing gamer with his kissy faces.

"Screw off hyung. And excuse you, I am actually trying to create myself." Jungkook pushed off the older male, huffing slightly in indignation at the indirect insult from his hyung.

"Oh my bad." Jin shrugged sheepishly as he snuggled back to the side of the younger male, much to Jungkook's displeasure which was evident from the disgruntled groaning.  

"Whatever." Jungkook rolled his eyes before returning back to the customization of his character.

"No, pick that plain shirt and make it white. Then pick that pair of skinnies, the black one. And then end it off with that pair of high ankle boots, customizing the color to mustard yellow preferably, just like your Timberlands." Jin nodded as the younger followed his instructions obediently. "Finish it off with a red beanie too, it looks nice against your black hair." Jin pointed at the 'hats' section.

"Done." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he saved his character under the name of 'Kook'.

"What next?" Jin asked as he waited in slight anticipation.

"I need to choose a town to live in." Jungkook replied absentmindedly as he glanced through the list of towns and their corresponding pictures and depictions. "That one seems fine." Jungkook nodded with confirmation as he clicked on the option of 'BigHit Ville'.

"I only have 20,000 simoleon and I need to get a roof above my head and survive with that money." Jungkook looked at the number in disbelief and repulsion before snapping back the next second in search of an affordable house. " this, I'm building my own house." He huffed as he scrolled through the list of available houses, watching as the prices increase drastically.

Navigating through the map, he chose a small plot of land that was isolated at the utmost corner, right next to the horizon of forest. Smiling to himself with pride, he entered the 'Building Mode' and started constructing his own house.

His own house, as in just a rectangular box of wall that has its insides cut into four equal parts. One section for his bedroom, one for his kitchen, one for his living room and the last one for a playroom or gym maybe. Simplicity is key, he likes to tell himself (although Namjoon just likes to call him a lazyass motherer who has no sense of creativity). Nodding in satisfaction of his simple designated spots, he bought the furniture (all in shades of achromatic) and painted the walls and carpeted the floor (of course, all in shades of achromatic too).

"You forgot your toilet, gym-addict." Jin pointed out suddenly, making Jungkook flinch in surprise.

"Right." Jungkook laughed at himself mentally as he sectioned off a small part of his bedroom for the toilet.

"There, done." Jungkook nodded as he panned out the view, allowing the whole house to be seen in the screen before turning towards his hyung for confirmation. With a nod from the older, Jungkook cracked a smile as he finally begun his 'Player Mode'.

"Have fun with your game, I'm sleeping first. Sleep early, young one." Jin mumbled as he scrambled off Jungkook's bed haphazardly and made his way over to his own bed (after slipping on a winnie-the-pooh plushie and falling flat on his oh-so-perfectly-beautiful face –Jungkook had no problem ignoring the whines–). Jungkook hummed nonchalantly as he continued his game despite the clock striking 1.30am.

"First step, find a damn job to survive, bro." Jungkook muttered as he made his Sim pick up the abandoned newspaper to search for a job vacancy in his living room.

The next few minutes were just Jungkook handling his Sim, moving from making food (plain waffles) to using the toilet (peeing –Jungkook assumed– and showering) and then exercising in the gym. It was all plain boring until a small notification popped up at the corner.

'Sims are social creatures. Since you are new to the neighbourhood, the other Sims in your area will be dropping by your newly created house for a house warming party!'

Suddenly feeling a tinge of excitement, Jungkook made his Sim take a quick shower before waiting at the living room patiently for other Sims to arrive. From the corner of his screen, he watched in bubbling anticipation and burning curiosity as other characters made their way up his porch. With a ring of his doorbell, his Sim walked over and opened the door to allow the visitors to enter.

"Hi, I'm Kook." He typed in the chat box, watching as his blue speech bubble float up in the screen.

"I'm Irene, nice to meet you." A female with pink hair replied and following her steps in were three other females with distinctive hair colors.

"I'm Wendy." The one with blue hair introduced.

"I'm Seulgi." The one with orange hair added in.

"And I'm Joy. Nice to meet you in this boring neighbourhood." The last one, with green hair, summed up. Jungkook wasn't too sure if she was just being sarcastic in a deadpanning way or was that her way of enthusiastic welcome (he mean, her name is Joy).

"I guess this game does get boring after awhile." Jungkook agreed as he let his character roam free, just focusing on the conversation with the four ladies. Just as he was about to continue the conversation, two figures ran into his house through the open door. One had similar striking orange hair as Seulgi while the other had moss green hair (and is that a black choker necklace on the guy with moss green hair?).

"Hi, I guess?" Jungkook typed into the chat box as he watched the two characters run around in his house, occasionally using/playing with his furniture. He watched with widened eyes as the guy with moss green hair used his toilet (whatever private parts are mosaic-ed, mind him and his dirty mind). And if it wasn't the end of his surprise, he stared in amusement as the Sim started typing in gibberish language.

"POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP DUNG DUNG DUNGGGG PLOOOOP IT DOWN IN THE BOWL AND LET IT FLOAT IN THE WATERRRRRRRRR LIKE A BOAT DOWN THE RIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Then, Jungkook realized that that Sim's name was TaeTae.

"Hellooo? It's me. I was wondering if after all these years, you'd like to meet, to go over everything. HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I MUST HAVE CALLED A THOUSAND TIMEEEEEEESSSSS, TO TELL YOU I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING THAT I'VE DONE."

The other male, whom Jungkook belatedly realize is named ChimChim, sang (?) as he stood in front of the wall-mounted telephone in the kitchen. Jungkook then continued watching in pure amusement as the moss green haired male, TaeTae, ran over to the kitchen where his friend was standing at. With an amused of his eyebrow, Jungkook watched in silence as TaeTae started making pancakes in his kitchen.

"BUT I SET FIREEEEEEEE TO THE RAINNNNNNN, WATCHED IT POUR AS I TOUCHED YOUR FACEEEEEEEEEEE. WELL, IT BURNED WHILE I CRIED ÇAUSE I HEARD IT SCREAMING OUT YOUR NAME, YOUR NAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Now, Jungkook could barely hold in his chuckles as he continued watching the duo rake up havoc in his house, not that he minded anyway. He continued watching as ChimChim ran towards the telephone in his bedroom.

"I TRHREW A WISH IN THE WELL, DON'T ASK ME, I'LL NEVER TELL. I LOOK TO YOU AS IT FELL AND NOW YOU'RE IN MY WAY. WHERE YOU THINK YOU GOING BABY? HEY, I JUST MET YOU AND THIS IS CRAZY BUT HERE'S MY NUMBER SO CALL ME MAYBEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"I see that you have met the retarded duo." Wendy typed as she and the three other girls took a seat on his couch in the living room (are they discussing in real life because that is some serious synchronization there, Jungkook noted). And if he knew her in real life, he would have guessed that that sentence came with an exasperated eye roll, as though expressing how done she is with their .

"We are not retarded, Wendy." ChimChim finally spoke in human language as he walked over from his spot beside the wall-mounted telephone and towards the chair in the living room. Blue blazer over a plain white shirt with suspenders, black pants and black shoes. Not too bad, Jungkook nodded, slightly impressed by his choice of fashion.

"Well, at least she got the duo part correct, Chim. She needs an applause for being right for the first time." TaeTae added in as he abandoned his plate of pancakes at the dining table and walked towards where everyone was gathering at. Oversized white sweater with ragged holes, black skinnies and black boots. All the much better, Jungkook nodded once more (of course he didn't forget about the little black choker on his neck that made the Sim look a tad ier, not that he would openly admit it).

"Oh man, holy that was a good burn." Jungkook laughed out loud as he watched the duo bickered with the four ladies.

"You two are obviously retarded because I mean who else would go around wrecking havoc in strangers' homes?" Joy defended.

"We would." TaeTae replied. Jungkook watched as TaeTae walked over to Joy before engaging her in a series of talking and giggling and floating thought bubbles, which Jungkook assumed as the option of 'Entertain: Tell a joke'.

"Oh screw off." Joy replied as she walked away from him.

"Right, hi there, freshie." ChimChim said as he walked over to stand in front of Jungkook's Sim. He continued watching as the two Sims engaged in another conversation and actions before ending off with a friendly hug.

"Gay." Seulgi commented from her sitting spot.

"Thanks for reminding us again, Seulgi, for the 16th time to be more exact. Are you suffering from dementia, maybe? Because I'm pretty sure that ChimChim and I have already came out of the closet the moment we met you guys." TaeTae replied as he picked up the left over newspaper on the coffee table to start reading it.

Jungkook could barely hold back the choke on his spit, from the scalding burn that was resonating through TaeTae's words and the blunt shock from the meaning of his words.

"So," ChimChim typed as he walked over to sit beside TaeTae. "Are you homophobic?" He asked bluntly and Jungkook knows that that question is directed to him.

"I'm not." Jungkook replied swiftly, his character roaming around the living room. "We are the same, if I were to be exact." Jungkook added in, hoping that the hint was nowhere near subtle.

"Good. I guess we have a new recruit today, Tae."  ChimChim replied.

"Before that happens, the initiation to this esteemed and resplendent association has to happen." TaeTae supported as his character stood up to stand in front of Kook. "What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?"

Jungkook blinked in surprise as he froze at the sudden riddle thrown at him (not that he even wanted to join the esteemed and resplendent association in the first place).

"Would you two ever stop on your lame jokes and riddles?" Wendy deadpanned with Jungkook secretly thanking her for dragging time for him to think of an answer.

"I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction." ChimChim replied (what a punny joke, Jungkook cringed).

"So, what's your answer?" TaeTae asked, effectively bringing the situation and attention back to Jungkook.

"My answer is the word 'short'." Jungkook replied (truth to be told: he cheated, a smartass like him would of course use Google to his advantage).

"Ding dong deng~" ChimChim sang as his Sim stood up to do a short dance in the middle of the living room. "Looks like we are no longer a duo, Tae. We are now a trio!" ChimChim said as he engaged Jungkook's Sim in a handshake that looked like some secret bro handshake.

"Nice discovery, Chim. But first off, we have to go because we still have our last Econs paper tomorrow. Today I mean and we barely started on it. I'd tell you people an economics joke but sadly, there's no demand for it." TaeTae butted in, effectively silencing the room with his punny joke.

"Right. Right. We can't afford to fail this. Okay bye guys~" ChimChim typed as they both started heading for the door.

"Bye old ladies and freshie." TaeTae added in before they both disappeared from the screen.

"I'm not old." Joy typed a tad too late for the duo to see it.

"Well, the rest of us are older than those two brats." Wendy replied.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow in surprise, wondering if the duo is young or the ladies are just old. He went ahead with the assumption that the duo is young, seeing how they behaved within the past half an hour.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you girls and the duo?" Jungkook typed in.

"Irene is '91. Wendy and Seulgi are '94. And I am '96." Joy replied him.

"Oh man, holy ." Jungkook cursed as he saw that they are all older than him in reality. Not that it makes him scared or anything but it just leaves him to wonder if they even have a life.

"The two brats are '95." Irene provided, leaving Jungkook beyond speechless. Those two brats a.k.a the retarded duo are two years older than him. Seeing that Jungkook is currently in his last year of high school, the two of them must be in college right now.

"And how old are you? And by the way, I hope you do not misunderstand me when I called them gay. It was just a way of joking for us." Seulgi replied.

"Oh it's okay, I'm not offended since it is quite normal. I'm born in 1997, by the way." Jungkook typed as he smiled sheepishly at his laptop.

"Damn, you are young. Currently on holiday break, aren't you?" Irene commented.

Seeing how the conversation is dwindling and the time is striking 3am, Jungkook sighed as he had to close his game for the night. "Yeap but I have to go sleep now. Hope to see you girls soon again, bye!"  He typed in. After all four had replied their goodnight wishes, he logged off and went to sleep.

 

That night, he dreamt that he met the retarded duo in real life.

 

***************

 

It's currently 1.24am and Jungkook just finished binge watching Haikyuu Season 2 when he felt a sudden boredom in his empty mind. Should he head to bed, he pondered for a second before diminishing the thought completely. It would pretty much be impossible for him to fall asleep at this timing since he woke up at 5pm after fourteen hours of hibernation.

Shrugging his shoulders to loosen the tension in the languid muscles after sitting in the same position for six hours, he propped open his games folder in search of a game to entertain his boredom. Seeing that he had not opened the Sims app for two days (his Sim was placed on auto mode), he decided to give the game one more shot.

Humming along with the classic background music of the game, he left his cozy bed in search of a snack to munch on, which happened to be a ripe red apple that is resting in the decoration basket. Staring at the tacky blue opening, he munched on his apple with his droopy face (it almost feels like his entire face is sagging down for no reason).

When the screen finally loaded, he choked on the piece of apple in his mouth.

He immediately locked his apple in his mouth with his bunny teeth to free both hands for typing. "What are you doing here?" He typed as he stared at the Sim who was warmly snuggled up in the linen of his king-sized bed, right beside his sleeping Sim.

"Sleeping." He replied. It was then Jungkook belatedly realized that it was one of the retarded duo, TaeTae.

"In my house?" Jungkook questioned in slight disbelief and amusement (in his defense, who wouldn't be amused by such sightings).

"ChimChim is busy with his boyfriend and Red Velvet is out for a girls' night out at club. So simply put, I'm lonely and bored." TaeTae replied.

"Oh… ChimChim isn't your boyfriend?" Jungkook pondered, slightly taken aback.

"Nah, that shortie is my best friend. He wouldn't like me calling him as that but it's payback for ditching me." TaeTae said with a tinge of cute childishness in his words.

"Oh I see… What should we do now?" Jungkook asked, slightly lost for words and actions.

"You know that sounds wrong since both of us are technically in the same bed right now." TaeTae typed, almost like a teasing snicker.

"That was definitely not what I meant." Jungkook typed hastily to avoid any miscommunication or embarrassment.

"I know, I know." TaeTae said, Jungkook could somehow imagine him waving it off with his hand nonchalantly. "Let's talk since I'm actually too low on energy to do stupid stuff again." TaeTae continued.

"Talk about?" Jungkook asked, typing swiftly with one hand as he munched on his apple.

"Tell me about yourself since you are a new addition to our association anyway." TaeTae offered (Jungkook could barely hold back his eye roll, secretly hoping that they would actually forget about it).

"Uhm well, my name is Kook, or more like my nickname is Kook. Born in 1997 and is currently on a study break. I will be starting university in two months, majoring in Music." Jungkook said as he thought of what other things to write. "And I like gaming? Yeah… That’s about it." Jungkook ended off lamely.

"What university are you going to?" TaeTae asked swiftly.

"Seoul National University. Ah, I heard from the girls that you two are also in university right?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah. Coincidentally, ChimChim and I are majoring in Music too although ChimChim is more of dance and I am more of vocals." TaeTae said, surprising Jungkook since he had never really pegged the retarded duo as someone so… musically inclined (?).

And this basic front-and-back conversation continued for hours (four hours to be more exact).

TaeTae (his real name is Taehyung, Jungkook thought it was a very nice name) is surprisingly a very good listener and talker. Jungkook listened to his little stories intently, seemingly bewitched by his words that held a sense of humour and sarcasm that appealed to him for some unfathomable reason. He could barely hold down the grin that was ghosting over his lips as he stared fixedly at his computer screen.

Jungkook listened to his little tales of him playing pranks on his lecturers with ChimChim (once, they brought a small cacti pot to school, started raising their hands in class and insisting that 'My cacti has a question about that topic, sir'. They got kicked out of class in the end) or pranks on random strangers (they started introducing themselves and conversing with random strangers on the road, ending off the conversation with 'Ah, its nice talking to people outside the asylum' before skipping away happily). Jungkook thought that an applause or ovation would have been too much of an understatement to express his admiration and wonderment for the elder's creativity, bravery and stupidity.

But Jungkook also listened to his little tales of adoration towards animals and kids. He listened with a ghosting grin as TaeTae cooed about a little munchkin that he saw down the street today, it's legs short and chubby (just like ChimChim's but don’t tell him that, Tae added in). And the way he cooed over the kids at the orphanage he volunteered at on irregular weekends (he taught them how to create elephants on their bodies using two adjacent moles). Jungkook listened as TaeTae gushed over how he would love to hug and squeeze them so tightly in his embrace and then wiggle their squished bodies together like stacked pancakes, something that seemed to made his heart soften up for this weird elder.

And as much as TaeTae was telling all his tales, he still made sure to include Jungkook into the subject, weaving him in through occasional questions.

So Jungkook ended up telling him all about his favorite animes and games, much to his introvert-self surprise. TaeTae would occasionally throw in some comments and questions, almost as though he was sincerely intrigued (not that Jungkook doubt he isn't). It was the way he convey his words, Jungkook thought. The way that he would phrase his questions and comments such that it would make Jungkook reply him willingly, that it would make Jungkook continue the conversation voluntarily.

"Hey, I don't wish to stop this conversation but it's already 5.30am and I have class at 10am actually." TaeTae said during their conversation of sushi.

"Oh right, my bad for holding you up for so long." Jungkook apologized, feeling slightly guilty for the elder's lack of sleep.

"It's okay. It's fun talking to you anyway." TaeTae replied.

"Alright, goodnight to you then. Hope to see you again soon?" Jungkook asked, not quite wanting the conversation to end actually.

"Yeah sure but in the meantime, would you like to exchange numbers?" TaeTae asked, surprising Jungkook as his eyes widened comically. "I mean it's okay if you do not feel comfortable with that." TaeTae added in hastily.

"Its fine I'm okay with it." Jungkook typed in after a millisecond of hesitation. What can go wrong anyway? It's not like TaeTae would turn out to be some kind of old e who preys on teenager gamers on Sims, right? Right?

"My number is --------" Jungkook typed in.

"Okay, I've saved it in my phone. Will text you later. Goodnight, kookie!" TaeTae said and in the next second, his Sim disappeared from the screen, leaving lonely Kook in his unkempt house.

 

[Unknown number 9:50AM]: Hey ^^
[Unknown number 9:55AM]: Are you still asleep, Kookie???

At 3pm, Jungkook finally arose from the dead.

With a loud guttural groan, he turned away from the blinding sun rays that were shining through the curtains-pulled-apart-window (courtesy of Motherly Jin who was complaining and nagging at Jungkook's bad body clock), much to Jungkook's own dismay. Pushing away his cocoon of blanket, he stretched his languid body like a cat with barbarian-like grunts before reaching for his phone on the side table.

"Who's this?" He slurred as he rubbed his eyes to clear his vision.

"Kookie?" He quirked an eyebrow as he sat up, his brain barely functioning past the speed of a tortoise. "Ah, Taehyung." He exclaimed softly as he nodded once in recognition.

[Jungkook 3:05PM]: Hey, sry just woke up, my bad haha
[Taehyung 3:06PM]: Wow, were you actually hibernating or were you just too lazy to reply me huh???
[Jungkook 3:07PM]: Btwn the two given options, I would choose hibernating cos I have no reason to not reply you Tae
[Taehyung 3:08PM]: Maybe cos you suspect that im some kind of old saggy e who is out to pick up teenagers like you
[Jungkook 3:09PM]: That assumption of my assumption is spot on
[Taehyung 3:10PM]: HOW COULD YOU KOOKIE HOW COU

[Taehyung 3:10PM]: WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOI TEXTING MY TAETAE
[Taehyung 3:11PM]: AR YOU STEALING NY BESTFRUEND AWAY
[Taehyung 3:11PM]: WHO I S JUNGKOOK AND WHER DO YOI LIVE AT COS IM COMIN 2 GET U

Jungkook waited for five minutes, staring at his phone confusedly with a quirked eyebrow and tilted head, allowing his messy bed hair to fall over his face haphazardly before his phone buzzed again.

[Taehyung 3:16PM]: Sorry Chim is being retarded again
[Jungkook 3:17PM]: Understandable because I have a friend who acts ridiculously protective too, almost like my mum

[Taehyung 3:18PM]: Jin, right? I think you mentioned it last night

Jungkook could feel his heart swooning very lightly when he realized that this elder does remember the little details well. And Jungkook had a soft spot for such attentive and detailed people.

[Jungkook 3:19PM]: Yeap. how is uni?
[Taehyung 3:20PM]: Boring af, whats new

[Jungkook 3:21PM]: Me, when I join in 2 months
[Taehyung 3:22PM]:  Well then I guess I will be looking forward to seeing you one day. Gtg, Chim is throwing a fit on how im not paying attention to him anymore. Sims tonight?
[Jungkook 3:23PM]: Yeah sure see you

[Taehyung 3:24PM]:  See you kookie

 

***************

 

It's weird, Jungkook felt, to make online friends and to the extent of exchanging phone numbers. And now, they are texting and calling at random moments of their daily lives.

[Taehyung 12:45PM]: I just dyed my hair orange and I look hawt
[Jungkook 12:46PM]: Like jamless?????

[Taehyung 12:47PM]: Nah he went for red, 'the colour of passion' as I quote, but it just sounds like bull to me
[Jungkook 12:48PM]: Does he look hawt then
[Taehyung 12:49PM]: Excuse you? your attention should be on me, you dickhead
[Jungkook 12:50PM]: But you alrdy told me you look hawt
[Taehyung 12:51PM]: tru dat

 

[Jungkook 3:14AM]: Hey Tae
[Jungkook 3:14AM]: Taetae
[Jungkook 3:14AM]: Taetae hyung
[Jungkook 3:15AM]: Taehyung-hyung
[Jungkook 3:15AM]: lmao why is your name so funny
[Taehyung 3:16AM]: Yes my dear ignorant anf impudent adolescent

[Taehyung 3:16AM]: Do you not own a clock, ny dear child
[Taehyung 3:11AM]:: Do no on e teach you mannerismss, my dear boy
[Jungkook 3:18AM]: but im hungry

[Taehyung 3:19AM]: im muting my phone

 

[Taehyung 10:15AM]: Kook Ive got smth to share
[Taehyung 10:15AM]: I bought smth new
[Taehyung 10:16AM]: it is …….
[Taehyung 10:16AM]: BIG BANG'S LATEST ALBUM
[Taehyung 10:16AM]: BIJ ARE YOU JEALOUS HUH
[Taehyung 10:17AM]: HUH HU HUH HUH ARE YOU ARE YOU
[Taehyung 10:17AM]: AREEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
[Jungkook 10:18AM]: Im not replying you

[Taehyung 10:19AM]: but you just did
[Jungkook 10:20AM]:  off
[Taehyung 10:21AM]: mannerisms you rude brat
[Jungkook 10:22AM]: but its so unfair
[Taehyung 10:23AM]: no its not. I bought it with my own money
[Jungkook 10:24AM]: but i dont have money
[Jungkook 10:24AM]: buy it for me please, my fav taetae
[Taehyung 10:25AM]: nope im broke now orz
[Jungkook 10:26AM]: you are no longer my fav hyung
[Jungkook 10:26AM]:  im muting you

 

[Taehyung 9:46PM]: Kookie
[Jungkook 9:46PM]: Ye

[Taehyung 9:47PM]: Did you just fart? Because you just blew me away
[Jungkook 9:48PM]: are you trying to make me mute my phone
[Taehyung 9:49PM]: but is your name wifi? Because I’m feeling a strong connection there
[Jungkook 9:50PM]: …
[Taehyung 9:51PM]: come on kook play along
[Jungkook 9:52PM]: I didnt fart. My intestines just blew you a kiss
[Taehyung 9:53PM]: is that meant to be a pick up line
[Jungkook 9:54PM]: thats the best you can get from me because my love for you is like diarrhea. I just cant hold it in
[Taehyung 9:55PM]: im done im out


***************

 

He was back in Sims with TaeTae on a Wednesday night, where the Red Velvet girls are out on a ladies' night and ChimChim is off with his boyfriend, again.

"Lonely TaeTae is back." Taehyung said as he wondered idly in Kook's house (although it already seemed more like a shared house with the amount of time that he spent in there).

"Get a boyfriend then." Jungkook replied idly as he halved his attention between entertaining the elder and packing his school stuff. He was about to start university in two days.

"Waiting for someone." Taehyung replied as he went over to the kitchen to make waffles again.

"Who?" Jungkook asked, slightly intrigued and yet… what's this feeling?

"Someone." Taehyung replied vaguely as his Sim ate his waffles casually.

"Not telling?" Jungkook quirked an eyebrow at his secretive crush, feeling slightly annoyed that the elder is keeping something from him (in his defense, Taehyung never kept any secrets from him, he even told Jungkook about the embarrassing time when he accidentally kissed the of his fifty year old male lecturer when he tried skateboarding into class and fell instead).

"Nope." Taehyung affirmed.

"Fine then." Jungkook replied, huffing slightly as he turned his full attention to packing instead, ignoring the speech bubbles coming from the elder.

After a few minutes of ignoring his laptop, his phone buzzed on the table, stirring up his attention towards it instead.

[Taehyung 10:13PM]: Why are you ignoring me on Sims

Jungkook rolled his eyes, out of a mixture of annoyance and exasperation, feelings that just came out of nowhere. He doesn't even remember a time where the elder had pissed him off.

[Jungkook 10:14PM]: im not. Im packing my stuff
[Taehyung 10:15PM]: for uni right? I heard freshmen are joining in two days
[Jungkook 10:16PM]: yea
[Taehyung 10:17PM]: I cant wait to see you!

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. After three months of nonstop chatting on Sims and phone, they were finally going to meet face-to-face. Jungkook gulped down a pool of saliva nervously, suddenly contemplating to skip orientation day in hopes of avoiding the elder. What if the elder isn't what he think he is? What if the elder is some ugly mofo that has some kind of disgusting plague? No, he can't be judgmental, Jungkook thought as he shook his head lightly.

Things will be fine, he chanted as a mantra in his head.


***************

 

Things will be fine.

Jungkook slung his black backpack over his shoulders before adjusting the red beanie that was slipping off his head. To no one's surprise, Jungkook is back at it with his white oversized shirt, black skinnies and mustard Timberlands. With a heavy sigh from a blend of excitement, anticipation and a drip of dread, he started his journey towards his university. And throughout the entire journey, he couldn't stop imaging how his TaeTae hyung would look like (including his infamous choker).

 

Reaching the confinements of the school, Jungkook shrank slightly as the large crowds of people brush by his shoulders. He cringed further into his bubble of personal space as the student leaders of the university started screaming and shouting at the top of their lungs to get the freshmen to be organized. Ignoring their shouts like the rude brat that he is, he scurried past the large crowds and towards the hallway instead. He had already gotten his timetable and locker through the online website, which he mentally praised himself for being so smart for.

His thought of finding his hyung already dispersed into the thin air.

"213… 213…" He mumbled under his breath as he walked past the never ending hallway of lockers. "Asa!" He huffed proudly as he tapped on his locker lightly with his hand before dumping his books into the locker. He had no idea why did he bring so many books anyway.

Finally done packing and arranging the insides of his locker, he read the instruction manual intently as he tried to figure out how to reset the password of his locker.

"Are you in the Criminal Career Track? Because you've stolen my heart." A baritone voice whispered from behind him, the hot breath tickling against Jungkook's sensitive ear and neck, making him shiver slightly as he jerked forward instinctively, slamming into his locker harshly.

"Wha-what the ?" Jungkook cursed as he spun his body around swiftly, only to be met with the sight of two males standing before him. His eyes immediately did a thorough body check.

One had crimson red hair, wearing a casual blue blazer over his opaque white shirt and black jeans. And if Jungkook squinted further, he could see the outlines of a suspender under his blazer. His eyes were narrowed into slits as he smiled his million watt smile at the blinded Jungkook. Familiar but no idea.

The other had orange hair (which Jungkook thought to be quite hot), dressed simply in an oversized white knitted sweater with random ragged holes, black skinnies and simple black boots. Simplistic but on point, Jungkook thought as he compared the male with an adorable fluffy marshmallow instead. Jungkook then noticed that his eyes curled into crescents due to his smile, a boxy one that just seemed so weirdly cute.

And suddenly, Jungkook's heart jumped a beat when he noticed a familiar looking choker on the male's slender neck.

"TaeTae?"

"I bet we can have our first kiss, our first woohoo, get married and have a kid all in one day." 

 

 


 

A random moment of random inspiration + 5 hours of free time = this (no regrets though)
Another similar gaming oneshot is in consideration for yoonmin but i'll see how it goes
Leave down your comments too!

If you are interested in more, I actualy have a short chaptered fic going on for these ships: A Shot of Caffeine

PS: I just have to say that all the gifs used in this fic are my FAVOURITE

Wallyyy