Bitter Drinks

Song Ji Hyo, let's date...for real!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo, Dong Wook, Kwang Soo, and Jong Kook. There they were, seated across from each other at the most awkward dinner ever. 

Jong Kook poured Dong Wook a glass of beer to break the ice.

"Drink with me, Dong Wook-ah, it's been a while since I saw you," Jong Kook said while clinking his glass with him.

Dong Wook accepted his toast politely. Ji Hyo also gulped down her drink. Kwang Soo rose from his seat to the kitchen. He went back with a glass of warm water. He took away Ji Hyo's beer and shoved the glass of warm water in front of her. 

"Drink some water. You look frozen," Kwang Soo said sternly to Ji Hyo. 

"Oh," Ji Hyo drank the water dutifully. 

Kwang Soo then proceed to fill her plate with food, shoving all the dishes in front of her. Jong Kook cleared his throat uncomfortably at Kwang Soo's action. Dong Wook was obviously observing Kwang Soo's action and Ji Hyo's reaction without any reservation. Despite the warmth of the heated room, the air was especially cold between the three of them. 

"You too, eat up," said Ji Hyo as she put some sashimi slices on Dong Wook's plate. 

She cleared up wishing it would also cleared the stuffy aura. "What time did you arrive? You hadn't had any dinner, right? Eat up," Ji Hyo tried earnestly to make small talk. 

"Oh. I came here straight from the airport."

"Ah, I see..." Ji Hyo wavered a bit at his answer. He must be worried, she thought. 

Kwang Soo started opening the soju bottles and pouring everyone the soju except for Ji Hyo. Jong Kook nagged him to pour Ji Hyo some too but he wouldn't do it. 

"It's okay, oppa. I don't really feel like drinking," she said. 

The three men drank several shots quietly as Ji Hyo just nibbled on her food. She was exhausted with a stuffy nose at that point. How she wished they would all finish their drinks quickly and gave her some alone time to rest. She wanted nothing but sleep to escape this unpleasant gathering. 

"Noona! Your nose!" Kwang Soo's exclaim startled everyone. 

Ji Hyo was having a nosebleed. She was being mong. Dong Wook jumped to grab some tissues. He held her head leaning forward and hold the tissues under her bleeding nose. As he held her face, he could feel her skin cold as ice. A rush of guilt came over him. He was so consumed with his thoughts that he made her stand in the cold to reason with her. He didn't even consider the fact that she might be too tired or cold to deal with him at that exact moment. In fact they both were. Yet he was so persistent that he made his point, that he got a chance to explain himself. I really am a fool, he thought. 

"I think it stopped, Dong Wook-ah. You can let go now," Ji Hyo broke the silence as she put down his hand. 

"Rest, Noona. I'll clean up all this," Kwang Soo said. 

"Yeah. Rest, Ji Hyo-ya. We'll let ourselves out after we clean up. Just go to your room," Jong Kook added. 

"Oh. I think I will do so. Thanks, Oppa, Kwang Soo..." she said gratefully. They just nodded at her. 

Without any words Dong Wook rose and he led Ji Hyo up, making their way to her room. Kwang Soo just stared at their backs, wide-eyed in disbelief. He sighed louder unintendedly. Jong Kook filled up their glasses. "Let it go, Kwang Soo-ya... It's all up to them now," he reminded his dongsaeng gently. 

Kwang Soo downed the drink in one gulp as he watched the door of her room closed behind their backs. That shot was bitter as medicine. 

 

Meanwhile, Dong Wook led Ji Hyo to lie down in her bed. He started unfolding her comforter, ready to tuck her in. 

"Dong Wook-ah, you should eat and go home too. Get some rest. It's not that I'm kicking you out. We'll... We'll talk again later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter