One

Red Popsicles (A Kyungsoo Two Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't look at him don't look at him don't look at him.

Oh god, why is this elevator so damn slow?

"Hi." The low timbre of his voice broke through the silence and my mind screamed in a panic.

He's talking to me, he's so pretty what do I do?

So I did the only thing I could do. I nodded in his general direction and quickly pressed the number 8 on elevator panel. We were on 7.
8 was next. it I'd just take the stairs.

"I thought you lived on 11. Aren't you my next door neighbor?" . Did I just get caught?

I turned my head toward him now.

His lips were plump and pink and he was smiling at me now. Why did he have to look so good when he smiled.

The silence wore on. And eventually his smile disappeared. His eyes were huge. How were they so big? I wonder if they can see my thoughts.

"It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Kyung..."

"I know who you are." I interrupted him and turned back to face the elevator doors as they opened on floor 8 and I immediately bolted through the open doors. I didn't turn back to see his shocked face or his extended hand that he had wanted me to shake. The only plan I had was to find the stairs.

I only had 3 flights to go up. That wasn't so bad really. I could do that. I knew that I had to take my time because he was ahead of me now, riding on the elevator. I'd give him all the time he needed to get to his front door of 1105 and key in his code which was 346728 and get inside his apartment.

Don't worry about how I know his door code, mind your own business! I know a whole bunch of stuff about him. And it's exhausting.

Okay okay, I know his code because I happened to be walking by when he entered it, and he must have been practicing it because he kept saying it out loud as he entered it.

I mean who does that?

Normally I wouldn't even have remembered it but he sang it in this pretty little melody and it stuck in my head like a tv commercial jingle. I sang it all day long. His voice was so pretty he could sing the alphabet to me over and over and I'd swoon.

I was swooning now just thinking about it. His door code melody popped back into my head and I found myself humming it to myself as I came out of the stairwell.

"346728......34 ... 67 .... 28...... 34..67..28"

Here it comes! #1105. The door was painted the most attractive shade of red. And since there was no sign of him anywhere it was clear that he was already nestled deep inside his apartment, far away from me.

I stared at the pretty red color as I approached his door. I stared at the key code entry pad with a dreamy smile on my face. Sometimes when I knew he was out, I'd touch the numbers that he touched.

I was always careful to get the order wrong though, so it wouldn't open. I wasn't about to go inside his home. I just wanted my fingers to touch were his hand touched.

I liked his hands. From the looks of it, he was a nail biter like I was. This made me feel connected to him somehow, even though I could never ever talk to him, that was way too scary. He was too pretty.

I sighed and took the final step on my way past his door when it swung open in front of me very suddenly.

It happened so quickly that my feet almost didn't stop moving and I nearly collided with someone.

Not someone. Him.

Once I recognized his plump lips and his tanned skin and those huge eyes looking back at me I froze where I stood.

He had something in his hand and it was extended out to me.

"Hurry up and take it, it's dripping." I heard him say and I slowly lifted my head to see what he was talking about.

A popsicle

A red popsicle. He held it out to me near my face and it was indeed starting to drip. I saw the red syrup traveling down his fingers about to drop down onto the floor and I quickly pulled the popsicle out of his hand and stuck it in my mouth.

I did it. It didn't drip. But he had sticky syrup on his hand now.

I looked up at him with the popsicle in my mouth and saw him pull out another one and stick it in his mouth with a smile. Then with a loud as he pulled it back out he smiled at me again. His lips were shaped like a heart. It was my favorite shape for a smile. All smiles should be shaped like hearts.

"I thought you might get hot after climbing all those stairs." He said and he stuck his popsicle back in his mouth.

His was red too. I watched as his tongue swirled around and when I saw it peak out again his tongue was a little red to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter