Save me

Save Me

Jimin rolled on his side and placed his cellphone near him on the couch. A soft sigh managed to escape his plump lips as the boy glanced over to the slightly opened bedroom door, where Yoongi has locked himself in days ago.

Jimin was dead worried: as much as he could understand his lover's passion for his work, Yoongi tended to take it a little too seriously, at the point where he wouldn't come out of his improvised studio unless Jimin literally begged him to take a break.

That was very much their case at the moment. Jimin sat up and grabbed his cellphone, checking the time: it was 10.34 pm and that made almost twenty-four hours since Yoongi last leaved their room.

› sms ; to: yoongi

hyung, why don't you take a break?

seen at 10.36 pm ‹

› sms ; to: yoongi

i could prepare us a snack, wanna join me ~?

seen at 10.42 pm ‹

› sms ; to: yoongi

please, yoongi ...

seen at 10.56 pm ‹

In the deadly silence that lingered in the small apartment Jimin could hear Yoongi's phone ringing as he recieved the messeges one by one. Still, there was no replay from the elder and if Jimin hadn't known Yoongi any better, he would've given up on him at this point. 
Jimin was patient though, as that wasn't the first time when such situation occurred, threatening the stability of their relationship; however, Jimin's love for the older boy went further than that.

Jimin had seen right from the start the misunderstood genius that Yoongi tried to hide under a mask of coldness and aphaty. Jimin loved the ardent passion that laid beneath the appearences and poured out to create not only simple songs, but pure works of art which found their interpretation in lyrics as beautiful as poems.

Yoongi hid so much sadness, so much suppressed sorrow that menaced to asphyxiate him in a sea of tormenting thoughts, that Jimin felt an inevitable urge to stand by him and save him from drowning.

“ Only suffering can bring wonderful artworks to life, ” Yoongi once told his younger boyfriend, when Jimin shared his concern about Yoongi’s situation. The older had smiled softly while saying those words, reassuring Jimin with a loving peck on his lips. Jimin couldn’t understand the meaning of that sentence at that moment.

When Yoongi played one of his compositions to Jimin, a few days after their conversation, the younger’s heart melted and tears sliped down his chubby and rosy cheeks: Yoongi had dedicated that song to him; it enclosed all of Yoongi’s feelings for Jimin, from the inestimable love to the stinging pain, from the tenderness of having such a sweet and understanding person by his side, to the fear of losing him because of his particular personality, and Jimin knew at that point just how intense Yoongi was on the inside.

Half an hour had passed and Yoongi still didn’t give any sign of life. Jimin released the umpteenth sigh of concern before deciding to finally go and check on his lover.

Slowly he reached the bedroom and opened the door only a tiny bit, gazing into obscurity. Yoongi was sitting at his desk only a couple of steps away from Jimin, his back turned to the door as the boy buttoned his computer’s keyboard frenetically.

Jimin crept closer but the elder didin’t seem to notice his presence right beside him. He was motionless, except for his fingers that hit the keys at a fast pace, and Jimin only stood there, staring at his slim figure as he was bent over his work.

When Yoongi suddenly stopped typing what Jimin supposed were drafts of his new songs, the younger got slightly closer. He watched as Yoongi raised his hands to his face slowly, hiding behind them in frustration. A faint curse left his mouth, followed by a quiet sob. Jimin’s heart skipped a beat.

Was his Yoongi... crying?

It obviously seemd so and Jimin felt a lump in his throat. He could barely breathe.

“ Hyung... ” 

He whispered, but his voice came out softer than a summer breeze, too delicate for Yoongi to perceive.

It hurt, seeing him like that once again. Jimin was devastated at the sight, because he knew very well what kind of thoughts were bothering Yoongi’s mind.

As if he could hear them right from Yoongi’s mouth, agonizing sentences started filling the air:

“ I’m nobody in this world, so tiny and insignificant .. who am I trying to trick? I keep making mistakes, disappointing people .. all this ty work means nothing, who would ever consider such low quality? I’m not doing enough .. I am not enough. I wanna stop .. I wanna fade away. If only I could .. endi it all ― ”

That was Yoongi.

His existence revolved around all those insecurities and the lack of confidence in his natural talent.

That was Yoongi, victim of his own twisted mind.

That was Yoongi, on the verge of falling into the darkest abyss, but Jimin was there, ready to catch him and bring him back to reality, or rather into his loving arms.

“ Hyung... ”

Jimin called his lover in a sweet voice and reached for him. His small hand rested with a delicate touch on the elder’s shoulder and the younger could feel his body shuddering faintly. As Jimin’s voice reached Yoongi however, the mint haired boy held his breath.

“ It’s alright my love, I got you. ”

Jimin’s arms wrapped gently around his neck, pulling Yoongi into a loving sort of backhug. The latter was initially startled by the unexpected gesture, but as soon as Jimin’s warmth hit him, every single afflicted thought abandoned him and he leaned into that embrace.

“ Jimin, ” he mumbled, husky voice trembling.

“ Don’t worry hyung, I’m not letting you go. Not ever, I promise.. ”

A soft kiss found it’s way on Yoongi’s cheek and the latter held firmly onto that promise. He knew that Jimin wouldn’t allow him to lose himself. 

Jimin was his lifeline, his only connection between fantasy and realty. Jimin was his oxygen, the only thing that kept him alive both physically and mentally, and with him by his side, Yoongi would always have been safe. 

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
A/N : so, my lovely readers, thank you again for reading this story. the idea came to my mind after staring for almost half an hour at most beautiful yoonmin fanart ever ( you can see part of it in the cover ), and I hope that you could sense all the feelings I tried to express with this short oneshot. I always thought of yoongi as a genius with a sorrowful soul, with jimin being his only cure and relief. 
I hope you enjoyed reading it and if so, please subscribe, upvote and leave a comment down below ! any kind of feedback from you is well accepted ~

p.s. please excuse any spelling or grammar errors, my native language is not english but I'm trying my best ! ^ ^