Final

Love Bench

Check out this song Fantasy by Alina Baraz and Galimatias!


Xiumin walked as fast as his legs would carry him, while the blare of the swing music was playing in the hall where all the guests were chatting and dancing. Xiumin hated this to death.

Being the other half ,of a millionaire meant that you are supposed to be a social butterfly. You are supposed to be dressed up in the finest silks,to shake hands and smile at people you have never met or even heard of before.  Perhaps catch an eye or two with your fancy get up or pretty face. Xiumin wanted none of that,he was a simple boy born and brought up in a wealthy yet down to earth family. Infact his father believed that he should not be brought up in the city like the rest of the kids,so the young boy found himself amongst love and affection from his grandparents at the countryside.

However once he was sixteen he was carted off to the city and was informed that he was about to tie the knot with a rich businessman.

Unlike others,he shrugged it off , he thought that he will be left to his own devices after the marriage and no one will bother him

Oh how wrong he was.

His husband was a nice man,he really was but business had changed him a lot .At least that’s what Xiumin tried to let himself believe it as much as he could.

 Life was materialistically smooth but marriage-wise, an utter failure .Even admitting it to himself caused such a deal of pain to the petite male.

He often dream of a day when his spouse would return to their mansion from his office and hug him. He really missed it. He missed compassion and love,he misses a lot of good things. His husband was a busy man so family petting was completely out of question. If they want a baby, is the answer for producing an heir to his massive empire. He will not deny the fact that XIumin is probably one of the most pretty little carrier men he had ever laid his eyes on. But so are his mistresses and he is busy.

Xiumin broke down completely on hearing his husband spew the above in a conversation with his best friend. The latter had no idea that the pretty male had followed him like a puppy and was standing outside one of those ivory parlors while dropping bombs one after the other.

“He is pretty,that’s all. Do you have any idea how boring he could be? That little does not even cry when I insult him in front of others.”,chuckled Wonbin.

Xiumin did not pay attention to people calling him as he ran out of the mansion ,into the September morning. He did not stop running through the gardens until he felt that he was far away enough to wail out his heart. Collapsing on the bench he ended up weeping. Even now,he felt the conditioned need to not be loud, something he had to develop due to Wonbin’s threats.

He hid face in his palm and continued to hiccup,seething from Wonbin’s audacity to even speak about him without talking to him first. He wanted a divorce, he needed a divorce but his parents were nearly blinded by the glamour to make themselves aware of Xiumin’s plight.

 

 

 

“Clench your teeth and hold on till the end.”, said his Mom.

“I don’t want to.”

“What do you mean you don’t want to?” his mother frowned. She ing frowned without even asking him what the problem was.

Xiumin looked away,a boiling rage set in his heart while failing to understand  the outrageousness of the situation.

“Xiumin,you should understand that this is prestigious,they are gonna be a big name in your life.” His father whispered to him while he shivered in disgust.

His mind reeled back to the time when he and Wonbin were having tea at their balcony.

Xiumin looked up from his teacup and looked into the other’s face who was staring blankly at the scenery outside. Xiumin paused and opened his mouth to ask him if there was anything wrong,just then he clamped his mouth shut.Wonbin started and looked at him,”What?” he asked indifferently.

Xiumin left it at that,he has grown accustomed to feeling of being a statue by his spouse,this was no different and refrained from commenting further.

Xiumin peeked from between his fingertips and took deep steadying breaths. He knew he had to come to a decision very soon because,this was stretching out for way too long.

“But,”he whispered,”where shall I go? I have no where to live”,his hands started to shake as it dawned on him after so many years.

No one is supporting me.

He tried to calm himself by taking steadying breaths,his head was throbbing while his eyes were red and swollen. He was probably looking wrecked and his heart was racing.

He cannot go to his parents house as they would be questioning him again and again,eventually carting him back to Wonbin who would in all probability would mock him in front of the entire house staff.

The news of his disappearance must have reached Wonbin as well.He sat upright in alarm,fear coursing through his veins,”Oh my god,”he murmured to himself in panic,”he probably would insult me in front of the others,”he looked around as if begging for some relief but a pretty lawn was what met his eyes

Maybe he could stay over at a hotel,but by now Wonbin must have instructed even their driver to bring him back to him.

“I’m in luck it seems,I’m having someone incredibly pretty to give me company,”chirped a voice somewhere behind him and Xiumin panicked. Maybe it was one of the guards.

 Instead he was face to face with perhaps the prettiest face he had ever laid his eyes upon. The young man was boyish with cherry lips and sparkly eyes. He had raven black hair with bangs falling all over his eyes, and perhaps the most brilliant smile he had ever seen in a long time.

Xiumin blinked a couple of times to make sure if he was a hallucinating or not, the male in front seemed to glow in the sulight,his skin being flawless. It was a couple of moments before Xiumin realised that he was gawking at the other. He quickly closed his mouth and turned away blushing furiously. Seeing such a reaction the other male chuckled and plopped down next to him much to his dismay.  Flustered Xiumin slowly moved away from the other in order to avoid contact,the boy was really warm.

“Hey,you okay?”,murmured Luhan in a gentle voice as if he is speaking to a baby.

Xiumin felt tears building up, not trusting his voice he nodded. He tilted away his face so that the other could not see his tears not openly trailing down his flushed cheeks.

“I know you are crying so there is no need to hide it from me,”murmured Luhan in a sincere voice.

Xiumin shook his head and kept on sniffling,refusing to look at the other. Suddenly Luhan crouched down before the other and peeked into his face with a curious smile,Xiumin shrank back with disbelief written over his face.

“I’m quite okay Sir, you don’t have to worry,”he squeaked clutching his chest.

Luhan didn’t answer,he simply perched his chin on his palm and continued to gaze at the other with a small smile. Xiumin could not help it, a sob left his throat and he started crying while hiding his face. All those memories, all those insults, everything came flooding back to him. He could clearly see the taunting face of his husband,his in-laws,always poking fun at his inability to have done anything apart from being a spouse.  Every single time he tried to answer back he was rebutted with the same answer,”you have earned nothing by yourself. Once a doll shall always remain a doll.”

His train of thoughts were cut short by a large warm hand enveloping his small one,he jolted and looked into those large doe eyes ,slightly crinkled at the corners.

“Took you long enough it seems.”,he smiled. Xiumin simply stared at the other,words were failing him. After , what seemed like a minute he said,”who are you?”

“Me?”,he pointed at himself,”I am a student, nothing special.” He was still smiling that brilliant smile,when suddenly throught that haze Xiumin came to a realization.

He’s much younger than me.

Xiumin sighed and said,”I need get back.”,he tried not to look away from those burning orbs.

“I think you need some coffee,”the taller piped up suddenly. Xiumin tried his hardest to shake him off but he realised that the boy was not only taller but also pretty strong.  There were a tiny hint of dimples around the corners of his mouth,it gave him such an attractive vibe that Xiumin felt like melting then and there.

He was hardly ever treated with such sincerity,every single day had been him living on toes. So he found himself walking alongside the attractive student who called himself Luhan. His hands were clasped in a firm grip by Luhan who explained,”Don’t want you to run away.”

Xiumin and Luhan were soon facing each other across a small round table in a coffee shop.

Xiumin was blushing and he ducked his head slightly as Luhan smiled at him yet again.

“You have to let go.”

He snapped up his head to find a serious expression on the student’s face.

“Excuse me?”

“Whatever is holding you back,it is not holding you back for good reason,that’s for sure.”Luhan explained while pushing the coffee mug towards the other.

Xiumin stared at the other’s face before saying,” It’s not easy.”

Luhan gulped down the hot beverage before crossing his arms,”You have a life ahead,atleast even for a small bit,try to live it for yourself. Otherwise what is the point of you being born?”

 

Present day

Wonbin looks out of his glass window from his business headquarters into the cityscape. It was nearing 10 o’ clock. Almost a year has passed yet he has not returned. Xiumin was gone for good. He has left behind everything,his life,his dignity, his identity to live his dream.

It was nearly the end of the company’s gala when he went missing for a couple of hours. It was not unusual,Xiumin hardly mixed with anyone, he kept to himself and sipped his drink quietly. Sometimes, due to complete lack of social life,Xiumin used to sit back in the car  for hours until Wonbin arrived  to head back home.

 This time it was different. He came back ,but with a peculiar expression on his face. It was like he had some knowledge that Wonbin lacked, which  was infuriating

So he and his family bullied him in every way possible to make him spit it out,but he refused to budge  Thus,like any other time they left him on his own.

”He’s trying to get your attention,that’s all”,his sister growled. Wonbin nodded and ignored him. But it was unsettling,Xiumin  had started looking up on the internet and reading books.

Until one night he came back to find that except for maids in the house it was empty. Xiumin had left him for good. He had left behind his money,his name his everything.

He wrote “No need for divorce, we were never married in the first place.”

And just like that he was gone.

They tried tracking him down but failed miserably.

He was alive,and he was happy,without him.

It reminded him of his brother ,he had left the family under similar conditions. However that boy had been a rebel, he had been outspoken, he openly dismissed the notions that his family used to hold.

Their parents had given him an ultimatum,to listen or to get lost for good. Little did they know that they had underestimated him.

He had not only detached himself permanently from their family, while stunning their parents to silence, but had also opened up a nice coffee shop at the City Centre which was pretty famous. Recently he had received news that his brother was in a live in relationship with an older married male. Good for him.

Luhan was truly an enigma.

 

 


A/N *Rolls on the floor*

So yeah that's pretty much it.

So listen,this story is pretty close to my heart. Apart from the bullying instances a lot of it is coming from personal experiences.

It's a lot harder trying to put it down in words.

Anyways,please comment,subscribe and upvote!

Connect with me on:-

Twitter:- here

ask.fm- here

KakaoTalk: SnehaGanguly9

Instagram:-here

Here is a artwork by @alexvblah ,possibly my favorite artiste in this zone.

Angel Xiumin wearing Kylie Minogue's outfit! Hoo boy!

*fans self*