Chapter 3 - The Reliable

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who dare open the curtain…?” Jong Kook groaned from the pounding hangover and pulled the pillow, shielding himself from the sunlight.

 

'Ji Hyo will get mad if she wakes up,' he thought as he struggled to clear his eyes on the high contrast of sunlight. They'd argued over these curtains for many mornings that he can no longer count.

 

'Hang on a minute.' Widening his little eyes to see open blinds covering the windows instead of his usual plain curtains. Examining further, he realize this bed was never his, nor this place.

 

'Who's room is these then?!' He threw everything and sat quick, sweating uncontrollably to the reality. Not because Ji Hyo wasn’t around, but more on the fact that he's not in his own bedroom.

 

Where am I?

 

Headaches.   

 

Just then, he smell something cooking. He followed the clanking sound of utensils outside, down the hall, and to the kitchen. Getting more nervous in anticipation.

 

Jong Kook peeked behind the post and sighed in relief.

 

After all, it’s just Kwang Soo.

 

“You renovate your house?” Jong kook started, as Kwang Soo jolted from the source, who was leaning against a nearby post.

 

"Don’t scare me like that, hyung.” The maknae shifted back to his meal preparation. “Renovation had just finished 3 days ago. How was it?"

 

“I can hardly recognize.” Jong Kook managed to reach the sofa as he massage his scalp from the headache. More than that, he was thankful that he woke up at this maknae’s house or else it’s gonna be his doom.

    

"Coffee or aspirin?" Kwang Soo offered as he had notice his hyung’s hand rubbing his own temples, depicting pain. Jong Kook, known for not drinking coffee, responded him with a quick smirked, acting offended. “I know, I know.”  Kwang Soo get something from the medicine box and went quick to his hyung, “Here." 

 

"Thanks Kwang Soo-ah." Jong Kook uttered, receiving the bottle of pain killer and a glass of water from the tall man. "How long have I been sleeping?"

 

"12 hours, I guess. You must have not sleep well lately hyung." Kwang soo concluded, as he went back to the kitchen counter, leaving the known early-bird at his living room.

 

Well, indeed. Sleeping was really difficult for Jong Kook this past few days.

 

 

 

Not long before soon, Kwang Soo turned the burner off, and served the steaming food on their designated plates. From across his counter, he can see his hyung, being quite idle at the living room, slouching down on his couch with his huge arms overhead. 

 

"Hyung?” Kwang soo called out, as Jong Kook removed his cover and paid the maknae his attention. “Can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure.” A second late, Jong Kook doubted his response. “...I guess.”

 

"Well…” Kwang Soo placed the plates on the table. “You muttered Ji Hyo Noona's name before you passed out last night." Jong Kook quickly sat straight at the sofa, hearing what he can't remember from the get-together. "Please be honest, hyung. Do you two have some kind of relationship? Per se… beyond friendship?" 

 

Jong Kook lowered his head and keep still, not saying anything. Completely retreating back into his memories of the promise both he and Ji Hyo had made. A promise not to let anybody know about their relationship unless they both agreed and permitted each other to do so. With that in mind, it would be selfish of him to decide on his own. In contrast to Ji Hyo's desire for them to be made known, it was mainly his idea to keep it a secret to protect both Ji Hyo and her just-getting-better career as an actress and being known internationally; which she soon trusted his decision.

 

"Hyung?" Kwang Soo shortly notified him, he realize that he has been thinking for quite a while until it has dawned on him that the tall man was expecting him to give an answer. 

 

"Sorry… What is it again?"

 

"Eyy, hyung. Never mind.” Kwang Soo was sure that his hyung had heard him clear. And although he was suspicious, he choose not to react more and shrugged the topic off. Honestly, he find himself ridiculous for overthinking and even blurtin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter