.01

Same , different day

And here I am today, manning the counter of a beat up store that only gets a sparce amount of customers. I swear, if only there were other options for a summer job I would’ve opted something else. But alas, you cannot avoid fate, especially if your employer is a relative.

As they say— same , different day.

It’s more annoying that it’s so hot out right now. I’m glad to have a fan pointing directly at me, but c’mon, couldn’t they afford a new airconditioner? Or they could at least have the old one fixed! I am seriously counting down the hours that I still need to spend in this place.

I was staring at my phone, watching a new video for the new boy group SM Entertainment debuted. I heard the bell ring signalling that a customer just walked in but I couldn’t be bothered to see what they needed.

“Do you have any cold drinks?” came from a somewhat deep voice. Without looking up, I pointed to where the fridges for the drinks were and mouthed a ‘there’.

As I see him walking to his destination via my peripheral, I caught a glimpse of his side profile and boy did I regret not greeting him when he first came in. Seriously, he looked eerily familiar.

I navigated the view of the security cameras to point just at him. I suddenly felt like the luckiest sonova in the world.

There he is, inside this beat up family owned mini market, all sweaty and manly and perfect. Jung Jaehyun. The Jung Jaehyun that I was just staring at on my phone.

I could only imagine being the carbonated drink he was consuming right now, flowing down his throat—

Uh hi?” I heard him call for my attention, breaking my daydream about him. I could see him looking at me like I’m some lunatic and I don’t blame him one bit.

But to save myself from the shame, I gave him the most sweetest, flirtiest smile I could muster while I swivelled my chair to the fridge at my back and got another bottle of cola.

You’re in luck!” I enthusiastically informed him earning a quizzical look from his face. I handed over the ice cold bottle to him, taking note of how I managed to brush his fingers with my hand.

“It’s happy hour!” I continued. “But you have to drink that here in the store.”

He shook his head in disbelief with a grin on his face. He eventually took a swig of the ice cold goodness I gave him and I continued to ogle his perfection.

He placed the bottle back on the counter top after he finished and leaned over, his dropping smile in full view.

“I’m Jaehyun. And you are?”

I guess today isn’t a same , different day after all.