Something 'bout Love

The Line He'll Cross
Please log in to read the full chapter

All of them are the same age (18) except for the younger members (16). ;) The diamond is the link for chapter soundtrack. :3

Three

There's something 'bout love that tears you up You still believe When the world falls down like the rain It'll bring you to your knees There's something 'bout love that breaks your heart

David Archuleta

***

“These jeans are so tight! How could I even manage to walk this thing without making sure it will not rip!?” Taeyong’s voice blasted from the bathroom, Doyoung pretending he never heard him and just inspected his nails, mentally taking note that he should visit Ten’s mother’s salon soon.

“If you’re done cursing the life out of me, I would like to see you now.” Doyoung commented once all the profanities from the bathroom stopped, Taeyong mentally counting to fifteen to calm his mind. He opened the bathroom and came out, wearing black skinny jeans and blue comfortable-sized sweatshirt, not his typical baggy ones.

“You look human.” Were the words that came out from his friend’s mouth, Taeyong’s mouth dropping in response. “Excuse me for being plain then!”

“Yeah, yeah whatever. That’s the fifth outfit you tried on anyway. You can change now.” Doyoung waved him off, Taeyong snatching some clothes on the bed and proceeding to the bathroom, “You’re the one who’ll be arranging my closet!” Doyoung just rolled his eyes.

In the middle of piling the clothes, Doyoung took his time to think of any conversations before clearing his throat, “You said you were diagnosed with heart disease, right?”

Taeyong halted his actions of folding one of his sweatshirts before nodding, releasing a breath he knew he was holding.

“What kind of CHD?” Doyoung continued, watching Taeyong’s reaction.

“My mom told me it’s called hypertrophic cardiomyophaty.” Taeyong wrinkled his nose at the medical term, “anything that could make me extremely happy or sad could lead to...” He didn’t finish his sentence; just letting the silence prevail between the two of them. In these kinds of moments, Taeyong was thankful that Doyoung was smart enough to keep quiet, just listening to the other’s situation.

“You won’t die.” Doyoung stated, as if the conversation was final, grabbing Taeyong’s hand and squeezing it reassuringly, “you still need to make Ten fall face first in love and be happy with your life before that blasted death reaper could take you. I’ll slap him if he thinks he could just get you out of our lives.”

Taeyong smiled behind the tears that are threatening to fall. “Did I ever thank you for being an awesome friend?”

“Damn , you should be.” The other chided cheekily before continuing their task at hand.

***

“I can’t go with you today to wherever you want to go.”

“What!? Why~?” Ten whined from Taeyong’s bed, face once again buried to Taeyong’s pillow. He was lounging at Taeyong’s bedroom the next day but was surprised to find the latter packing some clothes. Taeyong explaining that they have to visit some relatives in Daegu together with Wendy and Jisung.

“Wendy and Ji wants to go and besides, we haven’t seen our relatives there in a while.” Taeyong explained, continuing to pack some clothes while his best friend toss and his bed.

“Who will be with me for the next two weeks then?” Ten pouted, hugging Ten’s pillow.

“You can go buy some cosmetics for your Mom.” Taeyong rolled his eyes, zipping his travel bag. Ten’s mouth dropped. “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Don’t be such a baby Ten. You’ll live without me. Besides, you have a girl to search for, right?” Taeyong stated, voice laced with nonchalance yet his heart begs to differ.

“You’re more important to me for now.” Ten shrugged, oblivious to the fact that what he said made some broken pieces of Taeyong’s heart mend together slowly.

Taeyong pursed his lips together, facing Ten and smiled at the sight of his best friend who is currently suffocating himself with Taeyong’s pillow. He shook his head and made his way to the other, sitting beside Ten’s slumped form, resting his back against the headboard.

He hesitated for a bit before sighing, playing with Ten’s raven locks, hearing a pleased sigh in return.

“Call  me, ‘kay?” Ten murmured while closing his eyes, enjoying the feel of Taeyong’s hand on his hair, Taeyong humming a response.

Taeyong left with his family a few hours later, Ten walking towards the playground they usually hang out. He doesn’t know why but being apart from his best friend made him feel like something’s missing. Maybe it was because he was accustomed to being at Taeyong’s side all the time, that being without the other is slightly weird.

He sat at one of the swings situated at the park, chin digging on his hand as he browsed his social media accounts. It was a few moments later that Ten found himself at one of the ice cream parlor near the park since his stomach is making weird noises when he caught sight of the said sweets store.

He ordered a large tub of vanilla-ice cream with almond nuts on top, still scrolling down his phone before a call interrupted him from his browsing.

“Yo.” Though it came more like a gibberish sound since his mouth was full with ice cream.

“You’re eating.” Were the words that reached his ears a

Please log in to read the full chapter