Grabbing Lunch

Grabbing Lunch (Grabbing Jongin)

I love you, I really do… Jongin imagined those words being heard by Kyungsoo, yet here he was, lips stuck together, and shaking because he was right beside the man he loves. 

 

I love you, l love youJongin wanted to repeat, again and again, from this seconds up to the end of time. 

 

Jongin noticed how much Kyungsoo was listening to their professor's lecture, and so he preferred imitating the man he loves. 

 

The lecture was about biology, about the life of different creatures, and Jongin was wondering why there was even life itself. 

 

“If there is no life, we won't even study this. We're not here dying of boredom,” Jongin mumbled, rolling his eyes to the side. 

 

Jongin's whisper made Kyungsoo look at him. Kyungsoo stared at the younger with judging eyes. 

 

Jongin took a glance at his ultimate crush. His heart dropped when he saw the elder's owl eyes glare t him, like he committed some sin deserving of death penalty. 

Ughm…” Jongin cleared his throat, looking left and right to escape his sharp stare. “What?” he bluntly questioned. 

 

“Keep quiet. Keep your thoughts in your head,” he said, his tone commanding. 

 

Jongin gulped. He looked straight at his professor, repeatedly nodding as if he understood what was just said. 

 

Kyungsoo took his attention back at the discussion. He sighed, eyes still having a hint of glare, trying to focus back at the metamorphosis subject.  

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo couldn't anymore. He tilted his head towards Jongin, finding him taking a glance of him as well. It was either Kyungsoo caught Jongin staring at him, or Jongin caught Kyungsoo looking at him. 

 

If there is no lifeKyungsoo mentally remarked, I won't see you like this. 

 

They both counted the number of seconds their eyes stuck together. Two seconds. They looked far away afterwards, just like how far they wanted their hearts to be, although deep inside, they couldn't even control the thump on their chests. 

 

 

 

Hyungnim,” Jongin shouted along the corridor. 

 

Kyungsoo turned around, raising his brows. 

 

Jongin caught his breath, “can we…can we… 

 

The elder wrinkled his forehead with the long pause. “Can we what?” 

 

Jongin's throat clogged. He took more halt, and he ended up with, “never mind.” He simply walked away, face palming with every step he took. 

 

Watching his classmate go away, Kyungsoo could only sigh, because he was expecting the question, can we grab lunch?” 

 

On the other side, Jongin hit his head with his failure to ask, hyungnim, can we have lunch…just the two of us? 

 

Kyungsoo ended up running towards the young male's direction. “Jongin!” he yelled. 

 

Jongin's heart fell. He was stiff and all as his hyung approached him. 

 

Kyungsoo couldn't help it anymore. “Let's have lunch…just the two of us.” 

 

The awkward silence clouded the distance between them. Jongin nodded unconsciously. 

 

Kyungsoo gently held Jongin's hand, “let's eat at the café.” 

 

And together, they walked.