1. stranger

Accidents

 

 

His eyes fluttered open at the sound of his cellphone ringing. It was not a big deal. It was just his alarm ringing, no one was calling him. He did not have to leave the bed. It was Saturday morning after all. He could use a few more hours of sleep.  He needed it.

He was about to drift back to the dreamland when suddenly he sensed a movement on the bed. Someone was on the bed with him. He tried to shift his body to a better position, only to realize that indeed there was someone on the bed, sleeping right next to him. And it was a girl.

What the ?

He tried to not make any noises when he jumped out of the bed, almost trip on his feet out of his own clumsiness. The girl was still sleeping. Her face was hidden under her hair. He gazed down and spotted man’s and woman’s clothes scattered on the floor. That was when he noticed he only had his briefs on. He did not even remember how it happened but he was sure as hell the girl had nothing on as well.

The girl was lying on her stomach, head tilted sideways. Half of her face was still covered by her hair. He was not sure if he should wake her up or not. If he did, she might freak out and accused him doing something he didn’t to her. He did not want that to happen.

He thought about waking her up when she suddenly opened , letting out a long, sleepy yawn. It took a good couple of seconds before she actually open her eyes. He was frozen at the spot he was standing, not knowing what to do. He just prayed to god she would not scream after seeing him.

“Oh, you’re awake.” She said calmly, as if it was the most normal thing she ever seen that day. Well, indeed it was, but seriously?

“Who are you? What are you doing in my bed?” He asked rapidly, trying to keep his voice as low as possible but still audible somehow. He was so close to freaking out. “How did you get in here?”

“Woah, calm down,” the girl laughed and sat up on the bed. She pulled the blanket up to cover her body. “You sure this is your room?” she asked and motioned her hand around the room. He could sense the sarcasm in her words and he did not like it. No, he despised it.

He opened his mouth as he was ready to yell at her for invading his space but quickly shut it when realization finally hit him. He was not in his room. This one looked entirely different from his.

Seriously, what the ?

“You were so drunk last night. You can’t even find your way to your own place.” She chuckled and rubbed the sleepiness off her eyes. “So I brought you to my place.”

She patted the empty side next to her, motioned him to sit down, and he did. Not that he have any idea what else to do, anyway. He wanted to ask how he got there but that one had already been answered. Now he has nothing else to question.

“Do you remember my name?” She asked out of a sudden. There was a playful smile on her lips. “Bet you didn’t, considering you can’t even remember how you got here.”

And she was right, he didn’t.

“What’s your name?” He asked absent-mindedly, keeping a blank expression on his face. He looked at her and he could swear, he had seen her somewhere, at least once, but he just could not name the place.

“Sandara. And you are Jiyong, right? Or did I get it wrong?” she laughed nervously, afraid she might got the wrong name. She concealed her uncertainty with another chuckles. “I have trouble remembering people names sometimes.”

“But you remembered mine. Thanks, I guess?” he said. He found himself smiling though he did not know the reasons behind it. Not that he wanted to, after all. Maybe it was better that way.

“Well, maybe it’s because yours just hard to forget.” She joked, flashing the man a warm smile.

“Sounds pretty much like you’re talking about my .”

Nice one, douchebag.