Third Blooming

How to Keep the Flowers Blooming
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Woojeong miscalculated her steps, and her prediction, or rather, assumption. She underestimated the importance of decision making that led to the situation she's now trapped in. Always drenched in cold sweats and sprinkled with guilt and always being knocked with choices. 

 

How could it be possible that she had to bear all of the disturbing feelings just because of a new friendship? Since when were people supposed to have just one friend? That's utterly ridiculous. Well, she's friends with so many people too, but it was never as guilt inducing as this one. She was very sure she had no reason to feel guilty towards Sooyeon just for getting yet another new friend. Sooyeon probably had her own friends aside of Woojeong herself. They're never controlling of each other's personal lives in any way, anyway. Neither any of them were pathetic clingy imamtured little girls either. In contrary, they're both modern, free spirited open minded matured ladies. So what was the problem?

 

Nothing.

 

Then, why the guilt? 'Why, Woojeong-ah?' She tossed in bed and turned the other direction. Even the softness of her mattress, the warmth of her favourite blanket, the calming drizlling rain outside, and the complete darkness and stillness of the night wouldn't help her sleep. And this was not the first or second night she had this same ridiculous trouble. How did it even started?

 

Sooyeon never said a thing about how she started to miss out on their routines they've went through together for years without ever being tired or thinking to stop. She was almost too understanding. At first, Sooyeon would asked, only to be given a 'no' with some excuse. Then, the invitations for their usual everyday outing became lesser, from both Sooyeon and her own side. Now Sooyeon would just gave a friendly wave she knew couldn't not contain bitterness. Sher knew, yet she couldn't say anything. She knew they're falling apart, yet she couldn't turn down whenever her new friend would brashly ask her out, or more like threaten her to go out together and then drilled her ears with nagging and stupid annoying stories and lame jokes and forcing her to do all sorts of activities she never dreamt of doing, like some crazy extreme sports(jumping from the air or whatever, Woojeong didn't care for the names)  or sponteneously performing dance battle or storytelling to random crowds in Hongdae and wherever else Eunbin would drag her. Or go for food testing in supermarkets and street stalls, while telling everyone they met who stared at them, that they're indeed from Produce 101. For most of the activities, Eunbin would do everything and herself just on the sideline, watching or rather, bearing the embarrassment of being associated in some ways with that shameless creature. She's too refined for such antics, but Eunbin didn't mind. Somehow, Eunbin didn't mind and just would be happy to be able to drag her along as a company.

 

With Eunbin, always something new, something unexpected, something embarrassing or annoying. Even if just for a watch and with no participation on her s

Please log in to read the full chapter