First Blooming

How to Keep the Flowers Blooming
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"It's all Yeseul's fault. Where is that b*tch? How could she exposed us like this? Now where the hell is she hiding?"

"Keke, unnie, what if she thinks you're serious? She might hide forever and not appear again. Besides, we successfully moved to this new chatroom. They won't catch us. We're great!"

"LMAO. How is that potato sack going to hide?"

"Yah, Oh Seojung! You haven't learn anything have you?! Squat punishment, now."

"Yes, Ma'am. Doing it now, the room filled with my pool of sweat. Smells good."

"Liar! Let's go catch her now. Who's with me?"

"Fetch me with Ferrari...and I'll tag along."

"You....B*tch."

 

Woojeong giggled by herself at the hoot, ignoring the trickling perspiration from her hairline down her faceline after yet another intense dance training session. It had been what...a month? Or two...eversince it all ended and she resumed her previous routine of practicing, practicing and practicing. They all met in a reality show to debut. The bunch of strangers from various walks of life, paths to stardom, companies, backgrounds, experiences. The only common thing they shared was that, they're all trainees, who joined this Mnet show she would never have guessed to become this big that now, even their private chatroom is being hunted once one of them - Ahn Yeseul, mentioned about it in her interview. The very information that is now causing the reunification of girls in the chatroom, sharing reactions to that piece of news, giving her entertainment and something to laugh about in this balmy late afternoon right when she was bored after finishing a draining practice session she had been repeating for the last seven years. Even if she found the discussions often too stupid or ridiculous or childish for her taste, depending on topics, like spazzing over some hot oppa on the street, or arguing which two same looking hairstyle is better, thogh sometimes there would be sharing of meaningful news like debuts and change of companies and new schedules or invitations to events or CF offers, and they'd all congratulate each other half sincerely she deduced, since she was sure jealousy is a basic human trait and she had it too. The topic today however, is a little more interesting, she supposed. Or maybe she was just really that bored, and tired. One thing she was sure, all of them in there were happy to be given an excuse for this little meet up and were thrilled to have someone talking about them all in an interview. 

 

She resented it at first. Being sent to this show with so many annoying girls, annoying double standards, and annoying everything. The show never bothered to show anything good about her, but generously gave her a good deal of airtime to show her b*tchy side, when she had seen worse from other girls...even some considered angels by the nation producers, just because their nasty side were never exposed on the show. Must be really nice to be popular, she reasoned to herself at the end, having no one to console her bitterness but herself.

 

But everything began to look better, right after the show ended and they were all reunited in a less competitive, more genuine atmosphere. She grew to like quite a few of them so much from conversations in this chatroom alone, without even meeting them, when back then, she met them everyday yet never even came to be able to tolerate them. Perhaps, life is meant to be full of ironies. What matters now is that she's happy around them, and she looked forward everyday to wake up and see the updates or who's online in their little personal world no one else had access to even if she herself rarely post anything and would just observe.

 

"Yah...what are you laughing at?"

 

"Huh?"

 

Sooyeon's questioning look brought her back to reality. The reality she had grown comfortable with and wouldn't let go for  almost anything. The training room in which she and Sooyeon had spent six years together, practicing, dancing their hearts and bodies out to the point of making the floor clammy with their dripped sweats and their heads spinning, unable to think of cohesive sentence to say at the end of the day, singing or as their trainer often call it 'yelling, croaking, making any noise but singing'...of which, she rarely heard those kind of remark anymore for the past few recent years, and she was sure it was the same for Sooyeon. They grew and improved all in this practice room. Although she noticed Sooyeon had grown quieter for the past one-two years. Maybe she's tired, maybe it's just normal maturing process. She wasn't sure how she came off. But she felt that she hadn't changed much, but othe

Please log in to read the full chapter