Love Pasta

Love Pasta

 

I found myself being dragged by my three friends in the supermarket to buy some groceries. The three were looking excited while I felt myself being swallowed by an invisible hole underneath me.

 

"Hey Olaf! Why don't you stop standing there and help us buy the ingredients for your dinner date."

 

"Joy, you're making her more nervous. It is not a date. It is just a simple get together."

 

"Seulgi-unnie, I don't think having two people would count as a get together."

 

"Yeah Seulbear. Squirtle here is right. Wendy and Irene are going to have a date. So this needs to be really special."

 

"Uhm guys... I think I'm about to faint."

 

I bit my thumb nervously as I watch the three argue about the dinner that I was going to have with Irene. We have been sending out text messages, giving late night phone calls and hanging out together but this is the only time that we actually planned to have dinner together. I was thinking of just going to a simple restaurant but since I did not have any particular place in mind, my friends decided for me to cook dinner for Irene instead. I know how to cook but it would be my first time to cook for someone special.

 

"I got it! How about pasta Wendy. Irene likes pasta right?" Joy asked.

 

"Well... I uh... I'm not sure."

 

"Who would not like pasta Joy!"

 

"Yah! Not everyone likes pasta you squirt!"

 

"Does to!"

 

Joy and Yeri started arguing. I sighed thinking about tonight. I really like Irene but she is straight. Well, she already knows that I like her but I said that I was not expecting anything in return. But these days she became more sweet and we did held hands that one time. I jumped in surprise when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

 

"Don't worry about tonight. You'll be fine." Seulgi said as she gave me an assuring smile.

I just hope tonight turns out great.

 

------

 

Irene and I agreed to meet up near the office since I wanted it to be a surprise where we're going. I looked at the time and I was early by 5 minutes. I sat at a bench nearby while I waited for her text message.

 

*Beep

 

From: Joohyun <3

Hi. Sorry to make you wait. I'm already here at the parking lot. See you. :)

 

I felt my heart beating faster than normal as I made my way towards the parking lot. It felt like a century making my way there. Then I saw her black sedan parked. I opened the door to the passenger seat and was greeted by the most beautiful smile.

 

"Hi Seungwan!"

 

"H-Hi Joohyun."

 

I tried to bring out my best smile but I7 think it came out weird. I got myself in the car and put the seatbelt on. Irene would always tell me to buckle up.

 

"So... where to?" Irene asked with a smile looking excited.

 

"Uhh... Just drive."

 

"Huh?"

 

Irene tilted her head as her lips formed into a pout. Obviously, she was confused with my statement. I chuckled as I tried hard not to reach out and pinch those cheeks since she looked so cute.

 

"It's a surprise."

 

Irene smiled as an answer and started the engine.

 

------

 

During the ride, the car filled with laughter as Irene kept on guessing where we were heading to. As we were nearing the destination I was trying hard not to stare at her too much. She really looked so beautiful and I really love hearing her laugh. I will never get tired of hearing her laugh and seeing her smile.

 

"You have to turn right at that corner."

 

"Seungwan, this looks like a residential area. Are we going to your house?"

 

I chuckled as I left the question unanswered. I asked her to park the car beside my house and as she did I felt myself getting nervous again.

 

We made our way to the door as I fish out my keys. I opened the door and as we entered I faced her and smiled.

 

"Tada! Welcome to my home."

 

Irene was smiling ear to ear as she entered my house. Eyes roamed around the entire place looking like a child at the zoo. She turned to me and looked at me with a confused expression.

 

"So how are we going to have dinner?"

 

"I'm cooking tonight. Are you good with pasta?"

 

"Really? You're gonna cook?!" Irene said looking surprise.

 

I nodded my head and smiled at her. The look of surprise was quickly replace with a smile. She stared at me with a smile. I felt my cheeks burning as I quickly reverted my eyes away from her. Eye contact was not something I am good at.

 

"I'll just go to the kitchen."

 

"I'll help."

 

"No. I want to cook for us. You can just make yourself at home. Here I'll turn on the TV. You can sit right there." I pointed at the couch.

 

Irene pouted at first before giving me another smile and sat down on the couch. I made my way to the kitchen and all the ingredients were ready on the table. I started cooking.

 

After a few minutes Irene popped up in the kitchen and was looking at what I was doing. I was busy stiring the sauce.

 

"Can I help you with something?"

 

"Oh. I'm okay Joohyun. No worries."

 

"You're all sweaty."

 

"Then... Can you... Uhm wipe them off from me?"

 

Irene smiled and took out a handkerchief from her pocket and started wiping on the sweats that were forming on my forehead. I felt myself blushing as she continued doing so. After a few more minutes the pasta was done.

 

I asked Irene to sit down on the dining table as I set the table. We started eating and I was happy that the food turned out alright. We talked during dinner and shared laughters together.

 

"Joohyun. You have some sauce right here?" I pointed at the corner of my lips.

 

"Here?" Irene missed the spot.

 

I scooted closer to her and reached out to wipe the sauce from the corner of her lips witg my thumb. I realized that our faces were so close to each other as I was mesmerized again by her eyes. I quickly pulled away before I do anything stupid. I heard a chuckle coming from her as she smiled looking quite amuse by my reaction.

 

"Did you put anything special in the pasta?"

 

"Not really. Just the usual mix. Why?"

 

"Nothing. It was just really great."

 

I can't help but notice the gleamer she had in her eyes after she said that. She was staring at ne again and I quickly got up from my chair toclean up the table.

 

-----

 

I entered the living room and saw Irene flipping through some channels on the TV. It looked as if she was not interested in any of the shows on TV. She smiled as I made my presence known and sat beside her.

 

"I'm sleepy." Irene stated.

 

"Oh. Do you want to stay in my room to sleep?" I offered.

 

"No. I think this is more comfortable."

 

I was taken by surprise when Irene suddenly put her head on my shoulder and pulled my arm in an embrace. I felt my heart beat faster.

 

Wait!

 

On my arm I could feel Irene's heart was beating as fast as mine. I stared at her then her eyes fluttered open. She sat up straight and let go of my arm. I miss the warmth.

 

"Okay. So now I can't sleep." Irene stated.

 

"Can I ask you something?" She asked as I nodded an answer.

 

"Is it true that you like me since you first met me?"

 

"Yes. It is true."

 

"Why?"

 

" I don't know. When I first saw you I felt as if my soul was getting pulled into you. Call it cliche but it'true. And I never really imagined us being like this. I mean like I said I like you and I also said that I am not expecting anything in return. But to be honest as the days go by my feelings are becoming stronger towards you. I don't want to be selfish or anything but sometime I wish that you can return my feelings. Cause I really... really like you, Joohyun."

 

I decided that I wanted to be honest with my feelings this time. But during the whole time I could not bring myself to look at here. But from my peripheral vision I could see her smile as she side hugged me.

 

"H-Hey. Say something. I'm already feeling embarrassed." I blushed at the contact.

 

"Honestly, I'm still not sure how I feel."

 

Silence...

 

"Seungwan. Why are you not looking at me when we're talking?"

 

"I am not really good with eye contact."

 

"Let's have a staring contest then."

 

"Hey. I just said I was bad at it."

 

"Oh come on. You have to get used to it. We'll think of a punishment later. Come on. Let's play."

 

Irene and I decided to sit on the floor to make it easier for us to face each other. I took in a deep breath as I get ready for it.

 

"Why do you look so nervous?" Irene chuckled.

 

"I just... Just make sure that you'll be ready for the consequences."

 

Irene was about to ask but I signaled for us to start with the game. I took in a deep breath and lifted my head up to face her. She had a smile on her face as she we stared at each other. I was looking into those pool of brown beautiful eyes. It was as if I was being pulled towars her. My heart started beating faster and I felt my whole body shaking.

 

I can't take this anymore.

 

I closed my eyes and I heared her disappointed gasp. I looked at her again one last time.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry..."

 

I did not give her enough time to ask as I leaned forward capturing her lips. I was ready for it. For her to push me away and a slap on my face. I was ready for a heartbreak rejection and of her probably not talking to me ever again.

 

But it never came. I felt her hand on my cheek pulling me closer as she kissed me back. I smiled into the kiss as I savoured every last moment. I broke the kiss as I felt that we needed air. I stared at her and she looked at me with a smile. I leaned towards her again.

 

"Is it okay? For me to kiss you again?" I asked.

 

"What do you think?" Irene smiled.

 

"I just don't want you to regret it."

 

"You talk too much."

 

Irene pulled me into another kiss. After a few seconds she suddenly broke the kiss and was looking back at me with a serious expression. I was scared that she might have actually regreted it. Suddenly she broke into a smile. A smile that seemed to have found the answer to the greatest riddle in life. She cupped my cheeks and smiled brighter that before.

 

"I love you."

 

My eyes were wide opened as I stared at her in surprise. I smiled and felt a sudden rush in my blood when I heard her say those words.

 

"I love you too. I love you, Joohyun."

 

-----

 

"Sooo... I guess the night went well?"

 

Seulgi asked as the girls and I were seated in a cafe.

 

"What do you think Seulgi? Look at Wendy. She's glowing." Joy answered.

 

"So give us the dirty details."

 

"Yeri. You're younger than us. And no there are no dirty details." Wendy said as she pinched Yeri's cheek.

 

"What are you girls talking about?"

 

Irene came from the restroom as she seated herself beside me.

 

"We were just asking Wendy on how your dinner date went." Yeri answered.

 

"Hmm... Well I think Seungwan did something to the pasta."

 

"I did?"

 

"You did?" The other three shouted in unison along with me.

 

"I guess she did put something extra."

 

"What kind of pasta did you make Wendy?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Carbonara." Wendy answered still confused of what Irene was getting at.

 

" No you didn't."

 

"Then what is it?" Wendy asked confused.

 

"You made our pasta with a touch of love. Love pasta."

 

------

author's note: So how was it guys? Let me know with your comments! Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading! ^_^