1/1

Better than a Sunday morning
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin stared up absentmindedly at Yoongi as he spoke on the phone. The loud ringing sound had woken both of them, and with a few kicks in the leg, Yoongi finally reached out to answer his phone. He’d been talking for at least 10 minutes, but Jimin was too tired to listen. Instead he curled into his side, head resting on Yoongi’s shoulder as he spoke, his fingers gently tracing shapes onto his bare chest.

 

Soon he got bored and moved his fingers down to Yoongi’s tummy, lightly scraping his nails around in circles against the soft skin. He heard Yoongi sigh contently and smiled, rubbing his nose along Yoongi’s jawline.

 

Yoongi’s hand came to play with Jimin’s hair, twirling the strands around his fingers, and Jimin all but purred at the attention. His hand lowered even more, fingers dancing along the waistband of Yoongi’s boxers, and Yoongi’s hand quickly came to hold it, dragging it back to his chest and keeping it there. Jimin smirked but he didn’t push further, instead opting to play with Yoongi’s fingers.

 

“Bye.” Yoongi carelessly tossed his phone to the other side of the bed, and Jimin frowned when he sat up. “Come on, sunshine. We have to get up.”

 

Jimin glanced up at the clock besides their bed, his frown deepening. “But it’s 10AM.” His voice was still husky and unused. Sleepy, just like him. Besides, they never got up this early on a Sunday.

 

“I know,” Yoongi murmured, swooping down to press a kiss against his temple. “We have things to do today.” He smiled at Jimin’s confused expression, decided to explain further. “That was Namjoon on the phone. He’s going out today and he needs someone to look after Namhee. And well…” He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “I kind of owe him a favour.”

 

Jimin groaned. There was nothing he wanted more than to stay in bed all day with Yoongi, but now his plans were ruined. He kind of wished he hadn’t made Yoongi answer his phone now.

 

“Come on.”

 

Jimin squirmed in bed, rolling over to his other side. “Mmm. Just five more minutes.” He gasped when he felt a pair of lips on his shoulder.

 

“There’s no time.” He pressed a kiss against Jimin’s ear, nibbling slightly on his earlobe. “We have to be there in an hour.”

 

Jimin groaned again. He was not happy about this. But after a few more kisses and a promise that Yoongi would treat him, he finally got up.





~



 

“Daddy! Oppa’s here!”

 

Jimin heard the pitter patter of Namhee’s tiny feet scurrying towards them as they opened the door. Yoongi greeted her first, a cheerful “hi Namhee!” as he crouched down with open arms, but she completely ignored him, running past him and crashing straight into Jimin, her arms wrapping around his thighs due to her short height.

 

He found it a little strange. It wasn’t like he’d never met Namhee before, she was the daughter of Yoongi’s closest friends, so he’d met her many times, but he expected her to be more biased towards Yoongi since well… She saw him a lot more often than Jimin.

 

“She really likes you,” Yoongi commented, an indifferent expression on his face. “Everytime I come here she asks about you.” There was something in his tone that was off, more cold than usual.

 

Namhee finally stopped squeezing his thighs in her tiny but tight hug, and she peered up at him with a huge grin. “Hi, oppa!”

 

“Hi, Namhee!” Jimin replied with the same amount of enthusiasm.

 

He could hear her parents approaching them, arguing with each other. “I’m being serious, I don’t know where your keys are, Seokjin!”

 

“You’re the one who lost them last time!”

 

Both of them stopped in their tracks when Namhee giggled. “Daddy, the keys are in the door!” She pointed behind her, and Jimin looked to see them still inside the lock.

 

Seokjin blushed, muttering an apology as he reached to grab them. He crouched down in front of Namhee, and Jimin stepped aside to give them more room, linking his fingers with Yoongi’s as he watched Seokjin talk to his daughter.

 

“You be good now, okay?” He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Most of her hair was plaited neatly but that one strand had managed to escape.

 

Jimin’s heart warmed as she kissed Seokjin’s cheek, yelling a cheerful “bye daddy!” before hurrying over to Namjoon and repeating the action. Namjoon pinched her cheek gently, a huge grin on his face as he stood back up. For a brief moment, Jimin wondered what it would be like if he and Yoongi had a daughter like Namhee. 

 

“Will you be okay for a few hours?” Seokjin asked, his voice still soft and hushed, and Jimin thought he was still talking to Namhee, but Yoongi replied.

 

“We’ll be fine.”

 

Jimin nodded quickly in agreement, smiling at the pair as they stepped out the door.

 

“Good luck,” Namjoon whispered as he walked out, earning a light smack on the arm from Seokjin that had him scrunching up his face in disgust. They closed the door quietly.

 

It took Jimin a moment to realise that Namhee was staring at him. He grinned at her, and she grinned back, eyes sparkling.

 

Yoongi cleared his throat besides him. “So, what should we do today, Namhee?”

 

“I want to play with Jimin oppa!” She didn’t take her eyes away from Jimin as she answered.

 

“M-me?” Jimin asked, his eyes widening.

 

“Mm!” She reached to grab his hand, her tiny fingers wrapping around Jimin’s chubby ones, and she pulled him towards a different room. “Come on!”

 

Jimin couldn’t help but smile as he was led away, and he turned back to grin at Yoongi. Maybe looking after Namhee wouldn’t be as bad as he thought.




~


 

“And this dolly is called Umji!” She held up another one of her dolls proudly, and Jimin grinned, taking it and inspecting it closer. He straightened out her dress a little and ran a finger through her synthetic hair.

 

“Are all of your dollies named after girl group members?” He asked as he handed the doll back to her. Thankfully she was almost done introducing all of her dolls. There was a lot.

 

“Mm!” She gently placed Umji down next to the rest of her dolls. “It’s because they’re so pretty.”

 

“Ah, so you name them after people who are pretty?” Jimin asked, leaning back on his hands. She nodded, and Jimin grinned. “Is there a dolly named Namhee, then? I know a very pretty girl called Namhee.”

 

Namhee’s face completely lit up, her eyes crinkling from her wide smile, and Jimin could see one of her missing teeth. It made his heart tingle, and he couldn’t stop himself from grinning back.

 

Yoongi scoffed, and Jimin glanced over at him. The older was laid down on the sofa, playing a game on his phone. Jimin had felt him staring holes in the back of his head as he sat on the floor with Namhee, and he didn’t understand why he wasn’t joining in.

 

Who could resist a cute little girl like Namhee showing them all of her dolls?

 

“And this dolly,” Jimin turned back to another doll shoved in his face. “Is called Jimin. But it’s not you, Jimin. It’s Shin Jimin!”

 

Jimin grinned, taking hold of the doll and admiring it.

 

Only 4 more dolls to go.





~



 

“Namhee, you hungry?” Jimin asked. They’d been playing with her dolls for nearly an hour now, and honestly he was a little bit bored. But he didn’t want to upset her by simply not playing anymore, and it wasn’t like he wanted to stop playing with her altogether. Namhee was actually pretty fun, but he wanted to do something else instead. He hoped that food would be a good distraction for a few minutes.

Please log in to read the full chapter