Fin

Love Equation

"VIXX "Love Equation" took the first spot at the KBS "Music Bank" in the first week of March 2015."

 Their comeback had been a success. To put it in a more grand way - a tremenduous blast of eight throphy wins had swept them in a hurricane of pure euphoria. Known for their dark concepts, they were working hard at solving their "Love Equation" and the results paid off evidently - the fans loved it, claiming that it was still VIXX with their unique style. 

Although this new cute and boyish concept wasn't like any other they had before, especially with their most recent one - the "Error" depicting tragic love story - some of the members, and most precisely the magnae had ceased such a great opportunity to fullfil his long time dream - get closer to his hyung

It wasn't a secret that the youngest had been attached to Hongbin like a new-born duckling is to his mother since their My Idol Show, but naturally so, with time this family bond progressed into something more: unusually sweet interactions for brothers and too deep, to be called friendship between colleagues. It didn't take long for others to pick on longing glances after the concerts in their backstage room, as the ever nonchalant visual prompted on the chair, with bony cheeks wet and rosy, matching cutely the colour of his wavy hair, would be wiping off the remnants of eyeliner and how the youngster would stare off at his slightly ed, slim shirt, exposing delicate, porcelain-like collarbones until he would be shaken off by smirking Ravi, "Oi, Hyuknnie, we gotta go."

Of course dropped unconsciously hints in the form of prolonged and definitely unnecessary touches exchanged on the couch at the recording on radio Sukira two days after their official MV was released, carried only innocent intentions, though that day (the only unconvinced one left) Ken made a mental note to not get on the way of his dongseang's object of adoration - too scared under the scrutiny of already grown up man in front of him, as Hongbin leaned over to whisper something in his ear. In the meantime, green-eyed monster his dongseang's childish character that instant hard and as a result poor lead singer was nudged harshly on his forearm; a pretentiously not-at-all guilty smile covering Hyuk's lips after that meant his Hongbin-ah was off limits. After the commotion in the studio, the couple ended up sitting at the back of the van together for the umpteenth time already, snuggled in the warmth of each other's bodies like beloved doves would do. The youngest would always put his arms around his best friend in a protective manner and send daggers at anyone who dared to disturb their peace, which not once elicited a naughty snicker from his teasing hyungs, but he didn't care. Hongbin was in his arms. 

He only had one care in the world.

*

So, it was no wonder that the time when his mood swings intensified (due to the lack of patience and puberty crisis and also Hongbin affect as well as jealousy one too preoccupying most of his time) he was snapping at his Hyungs unshamefully and other fellow trainees boldly(it was quite satisfying though for the first time to feel superior hehe), which earned him knowing sad looks and pitiful pats on the back, instead of the scolding. During and in between the dance practice, it would cost his all willpower to not sweep his precious hyung off feet and carry him to their dorm, where all of his attention would solely belong to him. Where they could listen to Park Hyoshin till the birds start chirping (even though they only get to sleep three hours at night) and play Mario Cart till Hongbin plays dumb and let his donseang win, smiling cheekily.

Until the new day came and the problem still posed threat to his peaceful life. He simply couldn't bear the sight of Hongbin gorgeous body being exhibited for other trainees to gnawk at. Not a fat chance he'd let those pesky newbies look at his hyung, whom he met first, made friends with first, shared a coffee latte first, sleeped( in a brotherly way, much to Hyuk's dismay but he couldn't help for he wasn't sure of his feelings first and Hongbin never saw him in any other way second.)and ate with first from the same cereal bowl for crying out loud! Lastly he was with his hyung through thick and thin that counted as a victory not just a double point! Couldn't they all get the hint already and stop making him crawl from jelly.

And what was worse, that even though other group members(his family for the sake of everything fluffy and squishy!) knew of Hyukbin condition, they couldn't drop the teasing. Most of the time because the face of their maknae was too adorable to look at in those moments. Hongbin as usual too oblivious to notice anything, sandwiched between Ravi and N on the couch, with head on the formers lap and fingers laced with the latters too busy watching some rom-com. For the record, one person was enjoying his romantic sunshine time, too engrossed with observing the second-leads bare torso-what? (Hyuk wasn't prepared to fight off another potential rival even if he was fictional and appeared only on Saturdays at 9 pm) Khm, while the other two were absolutely grossly giggling like highschool girl friends do when succeeding in making their innocent friend's boyfriend infuriated and fed up with his life. 

 And still, it wasn't that the older boy was clingy or in favour of excessive skinship. No, thank goodness! 

It was just that when one is young, one is too quick to make judgments. And also one of the handful of bad traits of Hyuk's that the agency managed to hide so well was his extra possessiveness.

It colourfully though was discovered by members during the pre-debut period when everyone was merely getting to know each other. And Hyuk, strangely so, being the youngest baby-maknae was clinging to only Hongbin, who once (his bad) initiated a late dinner out with the youngster, seeing the youth pouting and sulking on his bed under the pile of sheets the other day, doubting his singing skills.

That is  how it all started. It was a pure devotion from one side and blind love from the other.

*

"We well know that this award wasn't given to us because we were good enough to deserve it, but it's all thanks to our Starlights. So we sincerely grateful and this award is precious to us." N concluded smiling.

The encore music went on and the other members excluding Hongbin and Sanghyuk that we still politely bowing, had decided to make an impromptu that suited very well to their light toned song: the Neo couple was the quickiest with Leo lifting up N with not so much effort, however later he'd regret his decision to be that bold, whereas Ravi and Ken were playing scissor stone paper game to decide whos gonna go for it first.

Ravi won, and couldn't help looking sheepishly at the already in his arms lead singer a few moments later.

 

 

While you draw out the person who left
Your tears keep falling but you wish for that person’s happiness

 

With a swift movement, Sanghyuk bent down and took a hold of Hongbins legs, lifting him up gently and then a bit too excitedly bouncing him up in his arms. The latter was laughing with his hearty laugh singing the lyrics with the crowd while the youngest couldn't believe his happiness (all thanks to hyungs's idea). The flower bouquet and trophy were pressed tightly into their bodies making Hyuk's blood boil with triple victory that day. 

 

Where will you find a nice person like that these days?

Even a long time ago, they probably only just said that

 

He sang the words but not really feeling them, too agitated, too giddy for his own sake, already sure that he would never let go of the person in his arms - his dearest hyung.

Hongbin doe-eyes radiated sunshine as he looked into Hyuk's. The bliss of this moment though was futile as the older poked Sanghyul playfully in the chest, the latter let out a sigh and feigned the disturbance, making sour face and showing how much it was hard to hold his 'heavy' hyung. In response his hyung neared the distance between them, gracing Sanghyuk with a darling dimpled smile. 

They were good.

The song finished and the members bid goodbyes leaving a stage in a most relaxed mood they have ever been in since they started off four years ago. There was less pressure in that comeback and despite what their manager said they felt lightweight at the prospect of just enjoying having each other and simply being silly youths in their twenties.

*

Later that night, after everyone had left to their shared rooms, the only one who couldn't asleep was Sanghyuk.

That fleeting feeling that song has given him again and again didn't abandon his heart. On the contrary it made him reconsider everything he's thought of and with a throbing organ ready to settle itself for the heartbreak, he snuck into the unlit room looking for the familiar figure sleeping soundly on the bed. 

*

"Can't you feel it too...Hyung, you mean too much to me." A hand trailed down Hongbin's arm only to stop at the back of his wrist. The moment tender fingers pressed lightly at the hollow of it, his breath hitched. 

To open his eyes and give in to the painfully sickly pleasant feeling of home? To melt in to the touch of a person he no longer regarded as donseang but lover, sweetheart, long time crush...first love ..true love? Or pretend to be asleep and break their hearts altogether, for the prospect of prolonging intoxicated feeling caged in their chests for too long so that would mean that one day either one of them had to leave the group for good or...

He knew the outcome.

"Mmm..." 

But it was enough for the other to turn his former friend around and smash their lips together, sealing their love with a sensual kiss.

*

"I love you, hyung," Hyuk wrapped his arms around the slender boy's waist, peppering the milky neck with soft kisses. "Don't smile like you did yesterday with Ken hyung." His grip tightened, emmiting the chuckle from the other. "Sanghyukie, it's already yours."

"I know," The younger blushed, putting two fingers in the hollow of his hyung's wrist, "I felt it too."