Mark?

Fly

"I lied." He repeated. "I don't have a family."

"W-what d-do you mean?"

He tensed up. I couldn't see his expression because his gaze was on the ground, but I could feel his grip on my sleeve tightening.

"Let's talk about it later, just hurry up to get at my home, I'm freezing."

I was starting to feel cold, too. So I nodded and followed him.

We were walking from less than 5 minutes, when he spoke:

"Here we are."

He turned to the left and entered a door, I followed his movements and I ended up in a condominium's aisle.

"My apartment is at the fifth floor, if you want we can take the elevator."

"Uh okay" I was very tired and I wanted to lie down on a bed or a sofa as soon as possible. And possibly remove my wet socks and shoes.

Inside the elevator, the atmosphere was heavy and tensed... For the third time since I was awake from the coma, I noticed his bandaged hand.

"If you need help to disinfect your hand I can help." I volunteered, just for lighten a bit the situation.

"No, thanks." And he hid it, like the other time, behind his back.

In that moment the elevator's doors opened and Mark exited, walking towards a door, probably the one of his apartment, and he opened it.

He turned around and told me to enter inside.

Everything was dark, it seemed that there wasn't anyone inside, like how Mark has said.

"I have a light bulb only in my bedroom, since I'm not at home for most of the time. I'll bring you there." And he grabbed my hand, with his bandaged one, I didn't tighten the hold because I was afraid of hurting him, but I really wanted to hold it very tight and never let it go.

He the light, which lightened the room: there were a single bed, a little TV on the wall and a small wardrobe settled in an angle.

"Wait a moment, I need to pick up my pajama, then you can take everything you want from my wardrobe. I don't think you want to sleep wearing this wet clothes."

He went to pick his pajamas from under the pillow and then he was about to exit the room, when I stopped him.

"Aren't you going to give me explanations?? Why did you lied about your family? It was just because you didn't want to go out with me that time when I asked you? And because you didn't want to bring me at your home today?"

For few minutes you could hear only our breath.

"Exactly."

After that, he left the room, closing the door.

Maybe he's just upset because of Jackson's departure... Tomorrow it will be better. 

I wanted to think about what Jackson said me... That Mark likes me... But as soon as my back touched the bed I fell asleep. 


I felt something tickling my nose, so I opened my eyes to see what was that.

The sight was unbelievable: Mark's face was so close to mine, his eyes were closed and his lips were resting lightly on the tip of my nose.

It didn't last long, maybe half second, he pulled away and when he noticed that I was awake, he widened his eyes.

"J-Jinyoung... I-I'm going to work, I'll come back this evening. I have a flight for Vietnam and then another one back for Korea. You can wear my clothes if you want, it's a bit cold outside. And for coming back to your house you have to take the bus number 12. Bye!"

After saying that, he rushed out of the room.

Has Mark just pecked my nose?? 

I blushed thinking about what has just happened.

I couldn't help but remember what Jackson said to me last evening... Mark likes me. And now I had also a kind of proof.

I stayed still, lying on the bed, for almost an hour, thinking about Mark. I didn't understand yet why he lied about his family, but honestly I wasn't that worried about this fact.

I had never been in love before then, I wasn't able to fall in love with anyone because people's defects annoyed me too much. All the people has defects, no human is perfect... But actually Mark was perfect.

Have I fallen in love with perfection? 

He was great on doing everything, he never made mistakes. I has never seen him scared by something, and he also worked a lot, he had night shifts, too. He was tireless.

Thinking back at all of this, at all I've seen observing Mark, it was almost difficult for me to actually believe that he was a human. He was really amazing.

After I had reorganized my thoughts, I've felt way more confident about my feelings.

This evening, when Mark comes back home, I'll confess.


I know I've said that you'll know Mark's secret... I was just joking (?) lol I'm sorry, you'll know it in the next chapter I promise ;;