Loudest Minds

Loudest Minds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan was frustrated. He decided Taekwoon didn’t want to spend time with him throughout his busy schedules of musicals, interviews and VIXX LR promotions. Every time Jaehwan would propose a time to meet up, Taekwoon would decline saying he was busy or something along those lines. By this time, Jaehwan was fed up and resorted in ranting to Hyuk.

 

“I don’t understand! I have dramas and musicals to worry about as well but I still save time for him. Heck! I even save time to go eat meat with you” Jaehwan flailed his arms at the stoned face Hyuk who sat on the couch and looked around the room hoping an excuse to leave would come up. Returning the stone face look, Jaehwan continued “Don’t leave or else I’m never paying for our meat again”

Hyuk sighed as he listened to Jaehwan continue with his rant. He made sure to nod his head at 20 second intervals to make it seem like he was actually interested in what Jaehwan had to say. Hyuk internally cried for help and even though Jaehwan knew he shouldn’t keep Hyuk hostage since he hasn’t done anything wrong, Jaehwan needed someone to rant to and the maknae is always the easy target.

 

“By any chance has he said anything to you? Is it because I spend too much time with Jin and Sandeul?” Jaehwan paced the room in front of Hyuk awaiting Hyuk’s answer.

Hyuk quickly shook his head, finally registering what Jaehwan had just asked “ah.. No he hasn’t said anything. You’ve been friends with Jin and Sandeul for awhile so I don’t think that’s the reason. Did I say the right thing? Can I go now?” He looked up at Jaehwan helplessly

 

“No” Jaehwan sternly pushed Hyuk back down onto the couch and continued pacing around the room. “So if it’s not them then maybe Taekwoon just has something else on his mind”

“Or maybe you talk too much” Hyuk muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes

“What was that?” Jaehwan questioned thinking Hyuk might’ve said something helpful but Hyuk just shook his head innocently, gesturing for Jaehwan to continue so he could leave sooner.

 

Jaehwan’s face was flushed red in anger as he kept pacing the room trying to figure out what he did wrong for Taekwoon to keep dismissing him. He pulled at his hair hoping he could think of previous situations where he had done something to annoy Taekwoon but they all seemed too petty to be angry about and cause Taekwoon to completely ignore Jaehwan’s existence.

 

“Taekwoon couldn’t be that mad at me for getting him an americano instead of a latte that one time... right?” He again questioned the bored Hyuk who just shrugged at the frustrated Jaehwan, not even bothering to empathise with Jaehwan and put any soul into his answers.

“Why don’t you just ask him what’s wrong?” Hyuk replied in exasperation, believing everything was simple and logical but Jaehwan shook his head and pursed his lips.

“Have you ever tried arguing with Taekwoon when he’s in the wrong?” Jaehwan asked Hyuk who replied with a simple no before Jaehwan continued “That’s because Taekwoon always believes he’s right. If you start to argue with him, he’ll give you his infamous glare”

“Yeah the glare that shoots lasers into your skull” Hyuk pretended to shiver thinking about Taekwoon’s glare.

“Are we talking about Taekwoon’s infamous glare?” Chuckled Hongbin as he walked into the dorm living room unknown Jaehwan was having a major rant. Hyuk tried giving him a signal behind Jaehwan’s back to leave immediately and be saved from Jaehwan’s long rant that was slowly killing Hyuk but it was too late and Jaehwan sat Hongbin down on the couch next to Hyuk.

“Oh good. You can give me your opinion too”

 

Hongbin looked completely confused “about what?” and then Jaehwan went on another tangent about Leo and his busy schedule of music shows, photoshoots, interviews and musicals. Hongbin looked at Hyuk giving him an unfair look.

“I tried to warn you” Hyuk muttered before leaning his head on his arm on the side of the couch “might as well get comfortable”

Jaehwan kept going on and on about Taekwoon’s mood swings and different attitudes with different people. One minute Taekwoon is happy and plays with the fans at fansigns,  then next minute he comes back to the dorm with dark undereye circles ready to murder someone who comes in his way.

 

“You get what I mean? Taekwoon is being unfair” Jaehwan stood in front of the younger boys, hands on his hips

“Totally unfair” Hongbin nodded as he sat upright. On the other hand, Hyuk continued to roll his eyes and moped by himself as Hongbin engaged in Jaehwan’s rant. For Jaehwan, Hongbin was the angel who was actually listening and trying to empathise with him whilst Hyuk was the devil who couldn’t care less and would rather everything ended badly so he could leave.

“Hyuk could you be more sympathetic. This is serious” Jaehwan shook Hyuk desperate for help

“Sorry. I’m just not up for a rant today. This has been going on for hours. Can’t you just talk to Taekwoon?” yawned Hyuk

“No no nope” Jaehwan declined straight away not second guessing himself and once again Hyuk sighed until Hakyeon burst out of his room and into the living room.

“Jaehwan stop ranting to these too and just talk to Taekwoon. Save all of us from your constant frustration I can hear you from a mile away” Hakyeon gritted his teeth together and fake cut Jaehwan’s neck. Jaehwan surprised at Hakyeon’s arrival and outburst, mumbled a small yes and left the room hurriedly.

Hyuk let out a big breath and thanked Hakyeon numerous times “If you hadn’t come I would’ve been their for the rest of the day but seriously I told Jaehwan to talk to Taekwoon an hour ago. This could’ve been settled faster if he just listened”

“You know how Jaehwan gets when it comes to Taekwoon. He overthinks things, just let him be. He’ll only listen to me that’s why he chose you to rant to” chuckled Hakyeon as he gestured for Hyuk and Hongbin to be dismissed.

As Jaehwan left he tried to figure out what he should say. Should I be angry with him? Should I stay calm? Should I make someone else confront him? “No no. Everything is wrong.” Jaehwan shouted to himself

“What’s wrong?” To Jaehwan’s surprise the person he was most conflicted about stood right in front of him. Taekwoon was actually waiting for Jaehwan to answer and this hasn’t happened in awhile. Jaehwan stood there in shock, too consumed in his own thoughts he didn’t realise Taekwoon was starting to become irritated. Of course Jaehwan wanted to speak with Taekwoon but he didn’t know how to start the conversation since their recent conversations have always ended with Taekwoon running to another schedule. Taekwoon fumbled with his fingers and his eyes shifted as he waited for Jaehwan but still Jaehwan stood eyes and mouth open with his lips trying to move out of its rigid state.

“Uhm well look I just needed to drop by the dorm quickly but I’ll be in the recording studio if you wanted to talk about what’s wrong” Taekwoon nodded before leaving without saying anything else. As Taekwoon left, Jaehwan finally sighed in relief but then kicked the wall as he lost the chance to say anything to Taekwoon.

“What the hell! Taekwoon is usually the silent one. Why couldn’t I open my mouth this time?” Jaehwan held his head in distress, pulling at his brown hair. “I should’ve said exactly what I have been saying to Hyuk and Hongbin for hours. Might as well slowly make my way to the recording studio if I want to talk to him”

As Jaehwan made his way down the stairs and into the carpark where he was going to meet his manager, he started doing mouth exercises so he would facepalm again if his mouth couldn’t open at the sight of Taekwoon. He slapped his face multiple times trying to focus himself, his mind going over what he wanted to say.

“What are you doing?” His manager asked clearly weirded out. “Never mind, get in the car and I’ll take you to the recording studio”

Jaehwan nodded and settled himself in the front seat of the van. His manager reminded him about upcoming schedules but all Jaehwan had his mind on was Taekwoon and what this would all result in. Jaehwan was thinking negatively. He knew this would either end really really well or really really bad and right now he was leaning on the really really bad side. Jaehwan and Taekwoon never had any large problems like this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter