Final

My Best Medicine

Hospital, one of the places that Seokjin doesn't really like. But now, there he is, sitting on the chair and has never left his spot right beside the bed that is occupied by someone- the one who has that special spot in his heart, Taehyung.

Taehyung and Yoongi were rushed to the hospital because both of them suddenly felt dizzy during the rehearsals, hence they had to cancel their concert right away. Of course, Taehyung and Yoongi didn't agree but other members, also their managers, didn't listen to their "I'm fine, don't worry!" excuse because the rapper and the vocalist's bodies showed the otherwise. Their faces were so pale- even Yoongi looked paler than his already-pale skin. Meanwhile Taehyung, the one who used to be a fluff ball of sunshine with full energy bouncing here and there, his mouth looked pale and he couldn't even move his feet and just lied down on the couch- with Seokjin always by his side with his worried look, while waiting for the car to take them to the hospital.

When the manager asked who wants to come with them, Seokjin and Hoseok voluntarily drag themselves to the hospital; Seokjin 101% can't just calm down and take a rest seeing his roommate and his "special" dongsaeng both are like this. The same goes to Hoseok since they are the closest members to him- especially Yoongi who has been taking care of him since their predebut and taught him many things about rap. Now it's his turn to take care of the tiny hyung, Hoseok thought.

Seokjin hasn't left his spot, not even to have something to eat- he doesn't even feel hungry at the moment, which is kind of rare knowing he is known as a member who loves to eat. All he concerns, and the only thing in his mind right now is only Taehyung. He's worried seeing the younger almost collapsed in front of him earlier during the rehearsals, and seeing the younger sometimes hissing because of the vertigo hurts him as well.

Taehyung just had CT scan an hour ago, accompanied by Seokjin who reassuring him that it's just to make sure nothing is serious with the vertigo- Seokjin hopes so.

The eldest in the room always keeps his eyes on Taehyung who is still asleep, he wants to be there when Taehyung is completely conscious. He holds the younger's hand- which has no IV in it, while rubbing his thumb on the back of Taehyung's hand in a comforting way. Seokjin likes to watch Taehyung in his sleep, but this time he doesn't really like it. Taehyung is still a bit pale; his mouth, his used to be kinda tanned face. Seokjin doesn't want to see the younger lying on the bed weakly like this. He wish he could make Taehyung recover in a blink of eyes, if only it was possible.

Seokjin brushes Taehyung's soft bangs away from covering the younger's eyes with his free hand- Taehyung is beautiful and adorable in his peaceful slumber even though he is still a bit pale, Seokjin thinks. His hand trails down to Taehyung's cheek and it gently while mumbling "Good night, Taehyungie. Get better soon..." softly. He leans forward to kiss the younger's cheek and rests his head on the edge of the bed, next to Taehyung's.

In the morning, Taehyung is already conscious. He looks at his hand which is held by someone. Of course, he knows whose hand it is. He slightly moves his head to the side, to see the owner of that hand who is still asleep. Taehyung pouts, he can feel it must be not comfortable to sleep like that- leaning his head on the edge of the bed but he's sitting on the chair. But somehow Taehyung feels relieved to see the older still managed to rest, he doesn't want to see Seokjin tiring himself because of him, though.

Taehyung tries to let go of Seokjin's hand carefully, he doesn't want to wake up the older yet. But seems Seokjin noticed it, because Seokjin stirs and holds his hand tighter, and few minutes later the older is completely awake.

"Morning, Jin hyung." says the younger, still facing Seokjin's face who just woke up. Seokjin, who didn't notice that Taehyung is already conscious, immediately looks up to find the younger is looking at him with his significant rectangular smile."Morning," Seokjin smiles and leans forward to kiss the younger's forehead.
"How do you feel now?" he straightens his body a little bit, but still close with Taehyung.

"Much better, and my vertigo has already gone."

"Really? That's good to hear, Tae. You almost made me go grey yesterday, you know?" Seokjin pokes Taehyung's nose.

"I'm sorry, hyung..." He really feels guilty, not only to Seokjin, but also to other members, their managers, staffs, and especially ARMYs because the concert had to be cancelled. "I should take care of myself better so i wouldn't make other people worry and disappoint our fans..."

"Sshh, don't be sorry, Tae. It's fine. Don't blame yourself. Your body needs a little more rest- all of us, to be honest, moreover we've been so busy with our schedule, though. You didn't disappoint anyone." Seokjin the younger's hair lovingly to comfort him. He knows for sure Taehyung will blame himself and feel guilty because of what happened yesterday, and he doesn't want Taehyung to feel that way.

"Oh, how about Yoongi hyung? How is he?" Taehyung obviously looks worried. He remembers that Yoongi also got vertigo until both of them were rushed to the hospital.

"He is in the next room, and don't worry because Hoseok is there to accompany him." Seokjin gives a reassuring smile. "I'm sure Hoseok will take care of Yoongi well, and probably will yell at him like a mom if Yoongi refuses to take his medicine. So, nothing to worry." Both him and Taehyung laugh even just to imagine that scene. Oh, how he missed to hear Taehyung's laugh, even though he didn't hear it just for a day. "Anyways, do you need something?"

Taehyung nods, "Water, please. I'm kinda thirsty, and my throat feels dried." Seokjin ruffles Taehyung's hair before he gets up to take a glass of water for him.

"Here, can you sit?" and when Taehyung gives a nod, he helps Taehyung to sit with his free hand.

Taehyung lets the older hold the glass for him as he drinks the water like he hasn't drunk for a week, which gains a warn from Seokjin to slow down so he won't choke on his water. He emptied the amount of water from the glass quite fast, until water trails down from the corner of his lips.

"Yah, are you that thirsty?" Seokjin laughs and puts the now empty glass on the small table next to the bed. He wipes the trail of water from the corner of Taehyung's lips with his thumb as he sits on the side of the bed where there's a space for him to sit beside Taehyung.

There's a moment where they lock gaze as Seokjin's thumb touches the corner of Taehyung's lips. Taehyung feels like his heart skips a beat as they look at each other, in a close proximity. He doesn't know why, but whenever Seokjin looks at his eyes, he always feels like his stomach flipping.

Seokjin moves his hand to caress Taehyung's face, and the younger leans into Seokjin's touch almost immediately; their eyes never leave each other's.

Taehyung's hand finds the way to grab the fabric of Seokjin's t-shirt under the jacket that Seokjin wears as they both lean forward. His eyes are now staring at Seokjin's full, plump lips. Of course, Seokjin noticed it. Softly, Seokjin trails his hand on Taehyung's jawline until he reaches Taehyung's neck. He stops, just to find out that the younger pulls him closer, so close until their noses touch.

"Tae..." Seokjin's voice is low, and somehow it sends shivers down to Taehyung's spine. Taehyung only hums in response. His mind can only focus on those lips; how they move as Seokjin talks- and in this proximity, he can feel Seokjin's breathe ghosts over his lips. "You need to take your med-"

Seokjin doesn't have the chance to finish what he wanted to say because Taehyung finally closes the gap until their lips meet, and of course the older takes that with pleasure.

Seokjin presses a tender loving kiss on Taehyung's thick ones, which makes Taehyung closes his eyes and tilts his head to the side to deepen their kiss; Seokjin forgets where they are right now the moment when Taehyung lets a soft hum slip from his addictive lips.

Their kiss soon turns into a passionate one; the sound of their smacking lips echoing in the room. Taehyung gives Seokjin full permission to devour his lips; Seokjin slightly bites Taehyung's bottom lip and Taehyung parts his lips to let Seokjin dominates the kiss, as usual. Too bad, one of Taehyung's hand has the IV in it. He really wants to wrap his hands around Seokjin's neck and pull the older closer, closer, and closer if it's even possible.

Their kiss lasts for five minutes straight and they pull away only to breath some air before reconnecting their lips, over and over again.

After fifteen minutes, they finally break the kiss. They let their foreheads touch, and stay like that for some more minutes while they steady their breathes.

"Jinnie hyung?"

"Hm?"

"I think I don't need to take the medicine anymore..." says Taehyung which makes Seokjin frowns.

"What do you mean? Of course you need it to make you feel better, Tae."

"Noooo~" Taehyung whines. "You know what, they say a kiss from someone you love is the best medicine. I've proved it." He smiles tenderly at Seokjin. "And I think from now on I just need to do this," Taehyung pecks Seokjin's lips not for too long and pulls away, "whenever I'm not feeling okay." he giggles.

Seokjin chuckles, he knows that sometimes what Taehyung says may not make any sense, and sometimes unpredictable. But Seokjin thinks that's one of the things that makes Taehyung adorable in his eyes.

"And why do you think so, my Taehyungie?"

"Because," his finger traces Seokjin's lips, "A kiss from your lips is the best medicine, ever." He grins, too adorable for Seokjin to handle.

"Ew, cheesy!" Seokjin laughs, he faked a disgusting face before bringing the younger's face closer until their lips meet once again.

 

Who knows how long they kiss this time, until they are completely oblivious there's a nurse who's standing at the door to bring Taehyung's breakfast, but ends up her face seems pale as and her eyes widened because of the scene she just saw.

 

 

Perhaps, she should come back in few minutes later...

 

...and knock at the door first for her own good.

 

 

-FIN-