Once Were Lovers - Chapter 11

Once Were Lovers

Sunggyu sat anxiously waiting in his hospital room until he heard his phone ring.  He quickly answered it without checking to see who had called.  "Did you find him?  How is he?"

"He's alright," came the reply.  "Your partner brought him back."

Sunggyu was relieved yet surprised.  Sungyeol?


A short time later Hoya returned to Sunggyu's room to find it empty.  He let out a disappointed sigh.


He slowly opened the bedroom door and stepped inside.  He carefully walked over towards the bed and let out a soft sigh when he saw that the sleeping figure was safe and sound.  He reached out and caressed the sleeping face with such tenderness as if he was afraid to hurt him.

"I'm so sorry," Sunggyu whispered.

His fingers trailed down to Woohyun's lips and lingered there for a moment as he fought the urge pulsing inside of him.  How he wanted to hold the younger man in his arms and kiss those inviting lips, threatening to break down his self control.  He froze for a moment in silence but soon lost to temptation when he heard a small murmur escape Woohyun's lips.

He slowly bent down and gently kissed those soft lips which he had so longed for.  He thought he would be satisfied with just a simple kiss yet he found himself unable to stop until Woohyun stirred and opened his eyes.

Woohyun stared blankly at Sunggyu as he tried to comprehend what Sunggyu was doing.  Sunggyu quickly pulled away, trying to find the right words to explain himself.

"Sunggyu's back!" Woohyun exclaimed excitedly as he grabbed Sunggyu's hand.

Sunggyu managed a weak hesitant smile.  "Yes, I am."

"Sunggyu's not going to leave anymore?" Woohyun asked anxiously.

"I won't go anywhere," he replied.

Woohyun smiled, pleased with Sunggyu's response.  His smile slowly faded as he touched his lips with furrowed brow.  "Sunggyu kissed me," he said, finally recalling what had happened a moment ago.  "Why?"

Sunggyu could only stare at the younger man.  What was he supposed to say?  How he could explain this to someone with the mind of a child?

Woohyun tiled his head, waiting for Sunggyu's response.

"Because...I love you," Sunggyu finally replied.  "Do you understand, Woohyun?"

Woohyun thought for a moment then nodded his head with a smile.  "I love you too."

Sunggyu smiled bitterly.  He knew Woohyun's understanding of love was different to that of his own.  He sighed sadly.  "It's late.  Go back to sleep."

Woohyun nodded but refused to let go of Sunggyu's hand as he lay back down.  "Don't leave me."

"It's okay.  I won't go anywhere," Sunggyu said as he sat down on the bed beside Woohyun.  "Close your eyes and go to sleep now."

With Sunggyu sitting beside him, Woohyun obediently closed his eyes.

Sunggyu sat in silence until Woohyun drifted back to sleep.  He carefully retracted his hand from Woohyun's grasp and tucked it under the blanket.  He stood and looked at Woohyun's sleeping face for a moment before he turned to walk out.

Sungjong stood leaning against the wall as he waited for Sunggyu.  When he saw Sunggyu walk out with a solemn look upon his face, he could not help but feel sorry for the man.

"How are your injuries?" Sunggyu asked, noticing Sungjong's bandaged arms.

"Just a scratch," Sungjong assured him.  "I'm sorry I was careless."

Sunggyu shook his head.  "It's not your fault.  Thank you for everything."

Sungjong took his leave while Sunggyu returned to his room just as his phone buzzed in his pocket.  He took it out and glanced at the name of the caller before answering it.

"What did you find out?"

"They were members of the Sanho clan," replied the voice on the other line.

Sunggyu frowned.  It was not the news he wanted to hear.