Where's my coffee?

Coffee please?

Well, you too.

 

Jeonghan curses in his head when another stranger crashesonto him again, and even throwing a rather nasty stare towards him. People really does have the tendency to be grumpy and portraying the word ‘jerk’ very accurately when it’s Monday.

 

Well, Monday morning to be exact.

 

Can you imagine? He bumped to at least ten people, each one of them throwing him a glare, as if he’s the one that causes them to wake up this early and have to endure their bosses wrath in the morning. Huffing, he picks up his pace, trying to avoid any collision with another ferocious worker. Thankfully, he still manages to arrived at his destination safely, one piece and nothing out of ordinary.

 

Ah, my savior.  He grins when he looks up to see the café’s trademark sign.

 

Mounteen Coffee shop.The one coffee shop that Jeonghan feels very thankful for existing because if this doesn’t exist, he’s pretty sure he died long time ago. (Or, that one time he messed up big time and his boss was just this close to fire him).

Opening the door, he smiles when the bell rings softly. There’s just something about this coffee shop that calms him down. Maybe it’s because of the familiarity, or the cozy interior, or maybe it’s because the hospitality of the workers here. A familiar Good morning, hyung! from the tall boy and a small smile with a light nod from the other (emo?) boy greets him. Just like everyday.

He strolls to the counter with confidence, eyes on the menu all the time and when an unfamiliar velvety baritone voice speaks from behind the counter, he almost jumps. Like literally. (Thank God he didn’t curse because holy carat this man is hot)

“Welcome to Mounteen Coffee Shop. “ The hot man says with a dimpled smile. Jeonghan blinks in bewilderment, still processing the thought of Wait this is not Jisooand What did he say?in his head slowly. When the man offers him a small smile and a tilt of his head Jeonghan is sure that his soul left his body.

“I, uh, I want to order.” Jeonghan cringes. Well, that was not smooth. At all.

The stranger gives him a kind nod, prompting him to continue and Jeonghan tries hard to control himself.  “I want to order Iced Americano, two shots of espresso and one cube of sugar.”  He glances down and he catches a glimpse of the hot man’s nametag. Seungcheol.

“Is that all?” And Jeonghan nods awkwardly. Seungcheol chuckles at him, eyes turning into beautiful moon crescents and his dimple making appearance again. Jeonghan almost wailed because Not fair. How are you even? Being hot and cute at the same time.

“Okay, so what’s the name for this beautiful order?” Seungcheol says with a- wait. Was that a wink? Jeonghan gapes at the man in front of him. “Uh, Jeonghan. The name is Jeonghan.” He answers dumbly, feeling embarrassed just a second too late and Seungcheol laughs again. “Please wait until I call your name, Jeonghan.”With another awkward nod, Jeonghan scurries of to find himself a seat. He chooses a seat at the farthest seat from the counter.

 

Damn it. It’s been a very long time since he got flustered because someone flirts with him.

 

But the cute eye smile and dimpled cheeks though….

 

Groaning, he slams his head on the table, softly whining when his forehead throbs because of it.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Jeonghan lifts his head to see Seungkwan’s worried face. “Nothing, Kwannie. I just have a very bad morning. You know, the usual bumping into annoyed workers on Monday morning.” He answers with a slight pout. However, the expression on Seungkwan’s face tells him that he’s not convinced. The latter only shoots an eyebrow and Jeonghan sighs.

“Your new barista is flirting with me. And I got flustered, Seungkwan-ah. Can you believe it?” Jeonghan says the words softly, afraid that somehow the handsome barista will hear him from across the room. “Is that it?” Seungkwan asks. “Yep.”  A snort comes from Seungkwan and Jeonghan shoves the younger’s shoulder. “Yah! Your hyung is having a mini mental breakdown here! He said only five words and I was ogling him like a creep!” He whines as he puts his head down again.

“But you’re a beautiful creep, hyung.  I bet Seungcheolhyung is flattered if he knows you were ogling him.” Seungkwan nonchalantly replies. He chuckles when his hyung gave him a half hearted glare. “But seriously why is he here? Where’s Jisoo?” Jeonghan steals a quick glance to Seungcheol and he immediately turns his head back when Seungcheol glances at him too.

“You know hyung, that sounds like you don’t like him. And rude.Mostly rude, to be honest.”Seungkwan says with another a shake of his head. “Hey, I’m curious okay. Jisoo never mentioned quitting his job here. As far as I know, this is his favorite job! And you never told me too!” He grumbles. “I never told you because, Jisoohyung still works here! He replaced Jihoon hyung’s shift at night, so boss hired a new barista. This is the first day with the new shift. Probably Jisoohyung will tell you later.”

“But he knows I usually visit this café in the morning.” Jeonghan taps the table with his fingers, a pout forming on his lips.

 

"Well, i'm sorry if i'm not your friend, but, here's your coffee." The same velvety baritone voice came from behind him and Jeonghan may or may not squeaked in a very manly way. "Oh, hey Seungcheol hyung! I'm sorry, Jeonghan hyung is a bit grumpy in the morning. Well, i need to wipe the tables over there. See you later Jeonghan hyung. Don't worry, i think you'll get along with Seungcheol hyung." With a not so discreet wink Seungkwan patters away, leaving both of his hyungs (awkwardly) glancing at each other.

 

"Uh, thanks for um.....uh, delivering the coffee here." Jeonghan cringes in the end. Yeesh. I think i at this 'talking to Seungcheol' thing.

 

"No problem! It looked like you were talking seriously with.....uh, Seungkwan?" Seungcheol smiles sheepishly at him. "And, what is that?" Jeonghan points at the cute glass bottle Seungcheol's holding in his other hand. "You see, you looked a bit exhausted so i made you a tea. To calm yourself a bit when you're stressed today. Uh, i know it doesn't really 'connect' but i just wanted to give you this, you know, as an introductory from me— i mean! Introduction, from me."

 

Was he rambling?

 

Jeonghan can't help but giggles a bit."Thankyou, Seungcheol. I am a little exhausted. You're amazing that you can notice it right away."Well, two can play the gane.

Suddenly, the hint of shyness from Seungcheol's eyes disappeared,  and holysheet he's smirking at me what the fudge omfg.

 

"Who wouldn't notice if an angel is in distress? Anyways, the tea is on me. Have a nice day, Jeonghan."With another half-smirk-half-smile he puts the coffee and tea on the table, he gives Jeonghan the last wink before he goes back to the counter, leaving him gaping stupidly at Seungcheol's back.

Jeonghan hurriedly grabs the coffee and drinks it, hoping to taste the usual freshness of his Iced Americano but he doesn't. Instead, a stronger than usual coffee taste lingers on his tounge, resulting him to scrunches up his face.

 

Great, now he has to get a cube of sugar.

 

Sighing, he makes his way to the place where the sugar is at. Really, he's hyperaware that he's going to catch Seungcheol's attention again and he's sure that he doesn't want to get another smooth words from the said man, but the coffee is just too bitter for him! So with a quick pace he grabs a cube of sugar, silently berating himself for not bringing the coffee here because now he has to bring a cube of sugar all the way to the other side of the room. Not that he's lazy, but the image of him bringing a cube of sugar is just.....a tad bit uncool for him. (I mean, come on, he'll going to pass Seungcheol!)

 

"Jeonghan? Did i do something wrong with your coffee?" Seungcheol's voice suddenly appears from beside him and he drops the cube of sugar.

 

 

 

.......Really, Jeonghan?

 

 

 

"I'm sorry—"

 

"Hey it's alright. We can just ask Mingyu to clean this." A small smile comes from Seungcheol and Jeonghan's heart thumps a little bit faster. "Soo, tell me. Is your coffee right or....?" Seungcheol asks with a tilt of his head. "Uh,.....yeah, i think you put too much espresso in it. So it's a tad bit more bitter than what i usually drink. I'm just going to add a cube of sugar so it's okay—"

 

"No no no, it's my fault, so i have to make a new one. Just, just stay here! I'm going to be quick. So, what was it? Two shots of espresso and one cube of sugar?" Jeonghan finds himself in front of the counter, just like earlier today. "Uh Seungcheol i think i should stay in my seat." He says with an apologetic smile and Seungcheol gives him a pair of droopy puppy eyes, all sad and glassy and Jeonghan can't—

 

"Okay i'll stay here. But make it quick, okay? I don't want to experience other customers's wrath because they don't get their morning coffee."Jeonghan smiles and Seungcheol responds him with a thumbs up.

After a few minutes Seungcheol comes back with an ieed americano on his left hand, a wide grin plastered on his face and he strides with confidence to where Jeonghan is standing.

 

 

"Here's your coffee ange—OH !"

 

 

 

Jeonghan blinks. He stares down to the floor, watching as Seungcheol (spread out like that bear mat in his grandma's house) groans in pain.

 

He can't believe himself (even years after) that the first thing he does is laughing. When Seungcheol looks up from the floor, Jeonghan can't stiffle his laughter and then he laughs. Only when Seungkwan comes over to ask Seungcheol if he's okay Jeonghan can stop his laughter.

"I'm so sorry i laughed Seungcheol, are you okay?" He squats in front of the man, who's now already sitting up in between the mess of ice and Jeonghan's americano. "Yeah, i'm okay. God this is so embarrassing." Seungcheol says with an embarrassed cringe.

With a smile Jeonghan offers him a hand, helping him to stand up. "Well, i think i'm not allowed to drink coffee today."He says softly, eyeing Seungcheol's faint blush on his dimpled cheeks.  A groan comes from Seungcheol and Jeonghan laughs again. "It's alright Seungcheol. Besides, i'm not going to die just because of it. Anyways, you've got stains on your white shirt. Better change your shirt first."Jeonghan points at the brown-ish spot on Seungcheol's shirt.  "Yeah i will. Please don't tell the manager? This is only my first day. But somehow i managed to ruined your coffee twice." Seungcheol says guiltily and Jeonghan smiles. "Why would i? Relax Cheol. It's not like you steal my money or something."

 

 

But you already stole my heart though.

 

 

"And i'm afraid i have to go now. Bye Seungcheol! See you tomorrow."With a wink Jeonghan left the coffee shop, a sort of permanent smile and the images of Seungcheol's laugh, Seungcheol's smile, Seungcheol's smirk, Seungcheol's blush, Seungcheol's eyesmile carved deep in his mind and his heart.