Snowy Planet

Snowy Planet

“Yeobo” he called. I turned, being blinded by the light. I could see the shape of his body. Seeing his masculine silhouette this close was setting my skin ablaze. I could feel the warmth spreading throughout my body. My nerves were heightened, almost as if waiting for the pressure that would come from his touch. As he came closer, I saw a smile spread across his face. My breath caught, but I felt like I was transported to another planet. A plane made of happiness, sunshine, warmth, and most of all, love.

I smiled at him, happy to see him once again. His eyes crinkled in pleasure. I could smell his scent. An intoxicating mix of aftershave and cologne assaulted my nose and I craved more. I felt his presence. I felt like I was wrapped in a blanket, nice and cozy.

I shivered, feeling goosebumps rise along my skin and go shooting down my spine to spread to the rest of my body. The warmth that I was basking in was replaced with cold. My planet had turned into a vast icy wasteland. His eyes looked through me, making me feel invisible. I looked at my hands, noticing I wasn’t. Then I heard it.

“Jagiya~” she called from behind me. I turned and saw her. She was smiling her fake smile, acting innocent. Our eyes met and it quickly turned icy as she glared at me. I got the warning loud and clear. Sighing, I reprimanded myself for giving into her threats again.

I turned and glanced at the person whom I love more than any other. He doesn’t see me. He walks by me, his arm brushing mine. The blizzard has come to my planet. I feel something wet drip down my cheek. I can hear her laughing behind me. She’s talking louder than usual so I can hear their conversation.

He was my best friend. He was my only true friend. I was lonely before, but now it’s worse. I’d have rather not come to love and trust him. Now I know what I’m missing. I feeling so much more pain and the loneliness makes my heart hurt. Thinking about it my heart clenches. The pain hurts. I wipe my tears, willing myself to calm down.

Turning, I see them walking off, hand in hand. She turns and smirks at me in triumph. What small pieces of my heart are left, shatter even more. I turn and slowly start walking the opposite direction thinking about the past and what could have been.

Why was I so stupid? Why did I tell him I didn’t want to see him anymore? Why did I block him out? Why did I ruin the only good thing in my life? Why doesn’t he see the pain I’m feeling? Why doesn’t he understand that he hurt me? Why does he follow what I say and ignore me? Why? Just, Why?

Time passes as I walk. My tears have run dry. I’m hungry, but don’t eat. I’m tired, but don’t sleep. All I can do is walk. I don’t know how long it’s been. It could be minutes, it could be years. I feel cold. The cold is sinking in. When I finally process my surroundings, I’m in in my own world. The snow is falling around me, but I don’t feel cold anymore.

I see a big rock. I sit on it watching the falling flakes cover my track. I see my old world covered by this new one. The sun still feels warm. I close my eyes, relishing the feeling of warmth that I’ve missed for so long. Inside I feel a struggle, but it’s quickly waning. As the fight comes to an end, the pain slowly fades away. My body moves slow as it falls to lay on the rock.

The warmth starts to fade again. I reach out for it; trying to will it come back to me. My arms feel heavy. They drop to the rock to lie lifeless next to me. I feel cold again, too cold. I close my eyes, wanting it all to end.

I feel weightless…different. Slowly opening my eyes I see my body. I sit, watching the snow cover my body. Soon all that’s left is a mound of snow. I feel warmth as I start drifting into the sky. I turn, facing the sun. As the warmth spreads through my body once again, I run towards.

“I won’t let go this time.”