First days are always bad: Part 3

Fighting for Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost the end of the school day, and Kyungsoo had gym. The class was playing dodgeball.

Kids were screaming as they tried to avoid the ball that flew straight towards them at lightning speed. Some kids just stood there, looking at their nails and checking their appearances in compact mirrors. Some played the game violently, and others sat on the bleachers, listening to music or trying to do homework.

Kyungsoo had started sweating from the inside out. She managed to avoid a dodgeball. Hah! she thinks, turning around, but just as she does so - BAM!

Kyungsoo manages to pick herself up and headed for the bleachers as her the teacher told her to.

She sat at the bleacher giving pissed looks at the person who had smashed her face with a dodgeball, even though she know that it was just a game.

Still in her sulking stance, a figure approaches her.

“Here, use this.” The stranger said, handing her a handkerchief.

Kyungsoo looks up to see a male student. To her, he was glowing, surrounded by flower petals. Her heart begins to beat at an alarming rate. She felt her face heat up and was sure her cheeks were bright red.

“You look like you might need it, sweetheart,” he says, smirking.

Did he just call me sweetheart? Kyungsoo thinks, making her heart beat faster, at a rate of 200 per second - is that even possible?

When she reached up to grab the handkerchief, her arms were shaking violently.

“T-t-thank you,” Kyungsoo says, stuttering. Smooth. Real smooth, she thinks.

Kyungsoo then realizes that her nose was bleeding, so she immediately wipes at her nose with the handkerchief, not realizing that the blood had smeared all over her upper lip.

To this, the guy chuckles, covering his smiling lips.

“What's so funny?” She asks, tilting her head slightly to the side.

“Oh it's nothing, it's just that you're way too cute,” he smirks once again. “By the way, I'm Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai.”

His comment made her blush, but it also made her cringe so bad, she sweared that her toenails and fingernails curled up.

Realization hit her once again.

He must be Kai - the Kai, Dara was talking about. Hmm. Player? Well, let's play a game, she thinks.

“I'm Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you Kai-ssi,” Kyungsoo says slyly as she has evil schemes piling up in her mind.

-----

It was the end of the school day and everyone was waiting impatiently for the last bell to ring.

She was lucky enough to have Sandara in her last class, she wouldn't have to be completely alone.

As she was taking notes from the board, she could feel someone’s stare on the back of her head.

She turns her head quickly to catch the person in the act, but the moment she turned around completely the guy pretended not to be looking at her, instead looking at his hand.

“Nice hands - for a man, that is,” she speaks to the person behind her.

The man blushes, “Thanks? I grew them myself.”

With that, Kyungsoo turns back around to distract Sandara from taking notes.

The teacher, Ms. Cho, slams her marker down on the table, loudly, so everyone ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter