propose

A Box of Love

That morning was so beautiful in the spring like this. Jungkook was repairing the garden while he waited for his lover to come. Hyerin came in the house to accompany the younger brother of her boyfriend. Actually she came because she was so missing Wonwoo, so yeah she just came to the house to feel her boyfriend’s aura. Hyerin heeded cherry trees were planted in the house of Jeon brothers. Hyerin really loved the flowers even she understood every sense of interest. She enjoyed the spring very well. Hyerin is like a spring woman who full of romance. This was one reason of Wonwoo to first fell in love with the girl.
“Jungkook-ah.” She called to distract Jungkook’s attention.
“Yes, noona. Don’t you see I'm busy here?” He muttered.
“No, the cheery blossom hypnotised me so i could bear to not notice your work there.” She giggled.
“Why should I have a sister-in-law like you?” Jungkook nagged as he cut the old and not flowered twigs.
“YAK! Why did you say that?” She started to sulk. Another girl came, Hyerin smiled at her as if she was visited by her ally to argue with Jungkook.
“Minsu-ya, good morning!! Why did you bring a packet of bread for Jungkook? This kid is bad to me so could you give it to me instead of him?” Minsu glowered at her boyfriend who busy to be a garden fairy.
“What did you do to my sister, Jeon Jungkook?” She uttered coldly that made Jungkook turning back quickly and approached her. He was panic to see his girlfriend mad at him.
“I didn't do anything wrong, baby.” He pretended to start sobbing before her. Hyerin just giggled around seeing them that made her to miss Wonwoo more than before.
“My cute couple, could you not start the bickering to the loner one here?” She uttered while playing with her finger.
Minsu who could not let Hyerin be sad in one shoot approached her and sat beside her. “Eonni, that oppa will be comeback on Sunday, right?” She hugged the older one.
“Yeah but I have a Sunday service from morning until evening.” She frowned.
“You have told him?” Minsu asked. Hyerin just nodded around.
“I have sent a message yesterday but he just replied that it was okay.” She sighed. “I feel betrayed.” Jungkook put his stuff on the garage and back to sit beside Hyerin.
“Noona, hyung is busy so perhaps he doesn't have a time to reply it.” He tried to calm down Hyerin. But getting a glare from Minsu.
“Just same goes to you, Jungkook.” He gulped.
“Sorry baby.” He tried to say it sincere tone.
“You know is it hard to wait a reply from you, Jungkook?” Danger, her tone was getting cold as a  warning inside Jungkook’s mind. “I’m sorry, baby. You know I'm busy.” He explained it.
“Now you aren't busy.” Jungkook just pouted around while Minsu started to sulk by ignoring him and paying attention back to older one between them.
She shrugged. “Eonni, did Wonwoo oppa talk about married life with you?” Hyerin gasped and tried to hold back her surprised.
“No, I think he's not ready enough. Perhaps he has a same thought like other people. He is still young and childish so how could a kid raise a baby?” She was getting mope.
“Eonni, you both are mature enough.” She cheered her up.
“I know. But I think he is not ready enough, Minsu.” Now she was getting more gloomy and doubt of her future with Wonwoo.

In another place, Wonwoo stacked some documents he'd completed overnight. Some final documents to be submitted to the meeting at midnight. Then a workmate from other companies approached. Kim Mingyu. A young entrepreneur like Wonwoo who managed to gain the trust now accompanied Wonwoo and cooperated with his company. They were like twins who were difficult to separate. “Wonwoo.” He waved a hand at his friend.
“Hey, Mingyu. So, what’s up?” Wonwoo who had just great relief after all the paperwork was completed, beaming at Mingyu. “It’s the last day for the meeting. I'm ready to get back to Seoul.” He eagerly uttered in cheers.
Mingyu chuckled. “You miss your girlfriend, don't you?” He .
Wonwoo turned up into a shy mode. “Yeah indeed and I'm gonna propose her soon.” His cheeks turned into red like a tomato and rubbing his nape.
“Wow, good news. Congratulations!” Mingyu threw himself to Wonwoo and hugged him tightly as he heard the good news from him. He patted the shorter one’s back.
“Mingyu-ya, could you help me?” He released Mingyu’s hug.
“What kind of help?” He tilted his head and curious about a favor he asked.
“To find a necklace for her here.” He clasped his hand suddenly and cheering up.
“Of course I can! Let’s go. The document was done so let’s find a gift for your wife-soon-to-be.” He pulled him and put his arm around Wonwoo’s shoulder just like the old days they used to do. Mingyu dragged him along to explore every jewelry store that had a good taste and provided the best service to its customers.
Wonwoo examined every necklaces in the store. He did not miss to see one necklace. And there was a necklace that captured his attention. Mingyu also check out any jewelry being sold the store. Wonwoo fixed on a necklace which had partner. As if to give meaning to the bottom of his heart. He recalled his first meeting with the girl at the age 17 years.
“Could you please give me that pair of necklace?” The clerk immediately alert showed the necklace. Won woo watched it carefully. It’s been a long time for him to not give a gift to her. Then, Wonwoo bought the necklace. He went back to the hotel along with Mingyu before attending their last meeting in Japan. Meeting in the middle of the night ran smoothly. Mingyu and Wonwoo returned to their rooms. Wonwoo could not wait to go back to Seoul and proposed his favorite girl.



Sunday was lovely as usual. Hyerin shall always conduct Sunday services alone. Wonwoo was not able to follow the worship as usual for meetings outside of the city and even abroad at particular hours. Once in a while she wiped the sweat when the air conditioner in the room was getting cold. She also occasionally glanced at her mobile phone to check the news from Wonwoo, but the man was again not giving any news. Who sent a message were just Jungkook or Minsu to accompany their dinner at a famous restaurant in the suburbs after Sunday services. Fortunately, Hyerin could still conduct her activities without the slightest grumble. She actually never grumbled about what she liked to do. Hyerin was a typical good girl who became an ideal daughter-in-law for Jeon family. Except Minsu that like to a bit nag because according Jungkook if Minsu was angry in silence would be difficult to comfort her. After all deacon returned to their homes, Jungkook and Minsu had been already waiting at the gate.
“Did you wait for an hour?” Hyerin asked as she was bothered of her stuff, Minsu helped her to bring her stuff while Jungkook just opened his baggage. All of them then got into the car. Jung kook started the engine and drove the girls to the restaurant.
Jungkook focused in driving his car. While the girls played their favorite songs and sang along. Jungkook could only chuckle seeing their behavior. So with the two-hour journey to be taken, they've arrived at the restaurant. Jungkook escorted them to the table that he had reserved before. Hyerin looked around since it recalled the nice memories of her and Wonwoo when they had their first date.
“Anyway Jungkook-ah, where is your brother? Has he arrived at Seoul this time?” She asked as she flipped the menu page. Then she turned to Minsu, the young girl only shrugged and sipped her milk that suddenly appeared because during the road, Hyerin did not see the girl bought a milk for herself.
“I thought he was standing in front of the door tonight, noona.” Hyerin just pouted. A waiter came to them and three of them just ordered a food for their own stomaches. A melody from piano disturbed her thought. A melody that brought her back to the old memories shared with Wonwoo. And a tap on her shoulder shocked her. She turned back and got shocking by a necklace that popped out before her eyes.
“Happy anniversary, baby. Do you like it?” Won woo made his sudden appearance as a surprise for her. Hyerin threw herself to Wonwoo and hugged him tightly. While that man put the necklace around her neck. But not stopping at that moment, Wonwoo had prepared another surprised. A mic brought to his lips. His heartbeat increasingly move faster than ever before. He bent on his knees and letting Hyerin dumbfounded. He cleared his throat and letting the sweet sound that being a favourite voice in Hyerin’s ear came out from his lips.
Yoon Hyerin.
I’m not at words.
But please give me a try for today.
We have known each other more than 5 years
But we have been in this relationship for 3 years
We are not a child anymore
We are an adult
I’m ready to sail the sea with you
Sailing the sea in this hard life
We know we are just like an usual couple out there
We love each other
We need each other
But let me say this for you
I need you to color my day
I need you to stay by my side
I need you to get my back
I need you to be someone who just a pass by
I need you because I love you
I love you because I need you
Because you are the girl who not look at my money
Because you are the girl who loves my weakness
You are the one who support me in every way until this second i bent on my knees
Will you marry me? Staying by my side until the white hair surprised us?
WIll you be the mother of my children?

A waiter approached them while bringing a small box on a tray. The waiter gave out the box onto Wonwoo’s hand. Now the entire room watched their sweet proposal. Won woo opened the box and it showed the ring that had a crown as their uniqueness. The cheers was shouting synchronically to saying yes. Hyerin started to shed her tears and she nodded. Wonwoo who not like seeing his girl in tears just put a ring around her ring finger and hugged her. Hyerin bursted in tears. While beside the new couple who soon to be newlywed, Jungkook wrapped his arm around Minsu’s shoulder.
“Thank you for the idea. Hope we’ll be like them soon.” He whispered. Minus did not answer but just smiled and nodded around.
Nobody understood the next day would be like, which could only be enjoyed simply happiness this time would be remembered forever. Although there seemed little doubt to look to the future, Wonwoo and Hyerin knew that now or later it’s just the same. Married became their choice. More happiness would follow them for each other as long as there was no force to achieve happiness on one side only. Here was where other begins happiness waiting for Wonwoo and Hyerin.