Rex & Trixie

Rex & Trixie - Dongwoo

Standing the card up on your desk, you kept your eyes on it a while, pulling out your phone you opened up your camera function and snapped a beautiful picture of the front of the car, the lyrics slightly showing on the inside of the card from the angle.

Thank you for the beautiful note, Dongwoo. It really touched my heart

Sending off the message to him, you anxiously awaited a reply text, either him freaking out or apologizing… at least something. Hour after hour, you waited patiently, working on other homework while you waited, you glanced over at your phone every five minutes, or so it seemed, with not a single message from anyone, none the less, Dongwoo.

The hours wore on as you got ready for bed, checking your phone once more, you set your alarm for the next morning of classes before laying in your bed. Your mind reread the note over and over again in your mind, the thought of you and Dongwoo happy together relaxed you as you slipped off into dreamland.

Days passed as you had a few classes with Dongwoo, yet he came in at the last minute, not sitting with you and sitting in the far back. Offering the seat next to you several times to him, he shook his head and shifted his attention back to the teacher. After two weeks of this behavior, you slipped your books into your bag after a lecture and lifted your backpack onto your shoulders. Heading out of the room, you walked out into the warm sunshine and took a little walk to clear your head allowing you to plan your next move.

An hour or two later, you found yourself on Dongwoo’s doorstep, your hands warm and clammy while your knees shook with nervousness. Knocking on the door, you stepped back slightly wondering if you should just leave. Waiting a moment or two, you figured no one was going to answer the door so you turned to leave, but the sound of the front door opening caught your attention and turned your head back to see who was behind the door.

“Oh _______, what a nice surprise!” Myungsoo smiled, opening the door slightly wider knowing that it was you and not some other woman for Woohyun.

“Hello Myungsoo” You stepped back in front of the door and faced him

“Can I help you with something?” Myungsoo probed seeing worry written across your face.

“I-Is Dongwoo home by any chance?” You questioned, trying hard not to stammer

“He is, would you like to come in?” Myungsoo opened the door fully for you as you nodded and moved inside. Slipping off your shoes, Myungsoo took your backpack and set it down next to the coat closet in the entry.

“Can I get you anything?” Myungsoo asked as the two of you stepped in further into the dorm

“I am good, thank you though” You smiled at him as he returned the smile sweetly.

“I’ll get Dongwoo then” Myungsoo whispered as he trotted off down the hallway to Dongwoo’s room.

Arriving in front of Dongwoo’s door, Myungsoo looked over his shoulder back at you, you were standing in the same place he had left you, shifting your weight nervously from foot to foot while taking deep breaths and letting them out slowly to try and slow your racing heart. Turning his attention back to the door, he knocked lightly with his knuckle before leaning towards the door.

“Come in” A soft voice called from the other side. Twisting the doorknob, Myungsoo poked his head in seeing Dongwoo seated at his desk and lightly flipping the pages of his textbook back and forth while a low volume of music played to drown out the silence.

“What’s up?” Dongwoo finished writing his last sentence before spinning around in his chair, his brown eyes bright and cheerful.

“Someone is here to see you” Myungsoo pointed towards the front door, Dongwoo’s eyes widened and dropped in surprise.

“W-Who is it?” Dongwoo stuttered, his eyes lifting back up to Myungsoo’s

“________, she wants to talk to you about something” Myungsoo explained in the sweetest tone he could, watching Dongwoo’s emotions change from bright to nervous to saddened, he took in a shaky breath and then slowly closed his eyes before shaking his head from side to side.

“I don’t want to see her” Dongwoo whispered deeply, pain lining his words as he turned back to his work laying out on his desk.

“Why not? Did she do something? Did you do something?” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows curiously as Dongwoo reached out for his phone and pulled up your conversation with him, the picture of the note that Hoya had given to you.

“See for yourself” Dongwoo handed the phone off to Myungsoo as Myungsoo read the letter and inspected the picture that you provided in your text.

“D-Did you make the note?” Myungsoo questioned, already knowing the answer but acted innocent.

“I did” Dongwoo whispered, his hands lacing together in his lap.

“Then what is the problem?” Myungsoo placed Dongwoo’s phone back on his desk.

“I didn’t give it to her… I didn’t want to give it to her…” Dongwoo paused between phrases, his plump lips before pulling on his bottom lip between his teeth.

“Why didn’t you want to give it to her?” Myungsoo probed already knowing Hoya had been the one that had handed it to you.

“I’m scared that she will reject me…” Dongwoo confessed quietly, his bottom lip quivering with emotions that only his heart could explain.

“Would she be here, in our living room, if she was going to reject you?” Myungsoo placed his hand on Dongwoo’s back, slowly rubbing along his shoulders. “Why don’t you just go talk, see what she wants and if she rejects you then we will go get ice cream and go look at some kittens and puppies at the pet store, okay?”

Dongwoo’s eyes lifted to Myungsoo’s, slightly coated with a gloss before thinking it over and nodding his head.

“Okay… I’ll talk to her” Dongwoo took in a deep breath and gathered his courage before the two guys headed out to where you are.

Myungsoo hung back, leaning against the hallway wall, keeping an eye on Dongwoo as he slowly approached you.

“Hi Dongwoo, how are you?” Your eyes lifted seeing someone move towards you as you greeted him with a smile.

“I’m doing well, and yourself?” Dongwoo politely replied, his eyes meeting yours for a moment before they dropped to his hands.

“I’m good” You nodded your head as he nodded his.

“So… Myungsoo said that you had something you wanted to say?” Dongwoo wanted to get right to the point, as so many emotions pulsed through his veins over the course of his body.

“I just wanted to ask you a question” You dropped your eyes down to your hands, stuffed in the pockets of your jacket.

“Sure, ask away” Dongwoo his dry lips once again

“Are you… Are you avoiding me?” Those words rolled off your tongue like vinegar, your heart tightening once you let your question be heard.

“______…” Dongwoo started, his eyes fixated on yours now, “I wasn’t… I didn’t mean for it to come off that way…”

“What was it trying to come off as?” You probed, your eyes meeting his as you saw his truthful eyes bare into yours.

“With the end of the semester coming up and tests, I just didn’t want you to give you the wrong idea… I mean we are both going to go our own ways for the summer and I may not see you next semester and…” Dongwoo’s words began to slur together and speed up towards the end before coming to a grinding halt.

“And?” You urged him to say what he needed to

“What if you don’t accept me?” Dongwoo’s tone was broken, yet loving and kind.

“You never asked” You answered simply, “Once Hoya gave me the letter and I opened it with your beautiful lyrics inside… It was everything I wanted to say to you and more… I just couldn’t find the words”

“Wait…” Dongwoo paused, “You like me too? Like I like you, but you like me?” He tried to use his hands to communicate but it just made you giggle at how cute he was being.

“Yes Dongwoo, I like you too, very much” You nodded your head, a proud smile outfitting your lips while you watched Dongwoo brighten, his body having a hard time containing the happiness he felt inside.

Acting on his instinct, he wrapped you up in a tight hug and lifted you up off of your feet, twirling you around. Wrapping your arms around him in surprise, he looked up at you, those beautiful brown eyes holding nothing back anymore.

“I like you a lot, ______” Dongwoo stopped twirling but continued to hold you in his arms, “Will you accept my Love Letter?”

“Only if you accept mine” You smiled down at him, his head nodding up and down with no question on his mind.

“Thank you” Dongwoo whispered as he slowly brought you back down to the ground, his arms wrapped around your lower waist before the two of you pulled back.

“Shouldn’t you two go and celebrate?” Sungyeol questioned with a smile as the members had gathered around Myungsoo, watching their confessions.

“Where would you like to go, Trixie?” Dongwoo teased, giving you the name of the female Dinosaur in Toy Story 3.

“Anywhere you want to, Rex” You smiled up at him, using the male Dinosaur name instead.

“Shall we raid the candy store?” Dongwoo posed, nodding your head happily, he looked over his shoulders at the members, nodding his head as a thank you to all of them before slipping on his shoes and heading out with you. Making sure to not hold back on what he felt for you and how much you mean to him.

You are his Dino and he is yours