I Wish

Wish

It’s my first day of school in this new town. Its super cold in here but the snow is beautiful. My mom has such great ideas. No more beach for me, not that I liked it that much. I knocked on the door of the classroom and got inside.

“Okay class this is Jimin the new student. Treat him well” the teacher said to the class. I’m not very fond of introductions. This . I sat in the middle row at the end. I was spacing out most of the time. They can’t blame me, I was trying but this was just too boring.

“Hey I’m Jason nice to meet you” the guy from the desk beside me said with a too excited face “hmm” I mumbled in answer not interested when I spotted a guy looking out the window. He had a mysterious look and aura to him. I couldn’t see all his face but from what I could he looked extremely handsome.

“Hey” I said to Jason getting his attention “Who’s that?” I said pointing over to the mysterious guy. Jason looked the way I was pointing “Oh that’s Yoongi. He’s a bit strange”

“Strange? How so?” I asked interested. He looked a bit in thought than answered “People say that he can read a person’s hand or something like that. But the strangest is that he can grant wishes” I looked at him in doubt like he was crazy. He put his hand in the air in defense “What? That’s what people say, and it seems to be true, don’t look at me like that”

“Jason, come to the board and resolve this question” the teacher said “What?!”

“Don’t you have the hand in the air? Now shut up and hurry up” Jason sighed and went to the board without another word. I giggled at him. I looked at Yoongi and to my surprise he was looking at my way too. We stare at each other eyes and I could see his deep brown eyes that seemed like it could me in. I was captive by his porcelain face that looked just like a dolls and his cool aura. He looked away and stares back outside. The bell rang to the end of class. I packed my things and got out of there. I sat in a bench outside, closed my eyes and felt the snow touch my face. It was currently snowing outside yes.  It could be cold but I don’t really care. I opened my eyes and spot Yoongi sat in the grass with his back on a tree.

I got up and went to him. It seems he still doesn’t see me despite me being right by his side. I crouched down and put my head in front of his face “Hi” I said smiling. He looked surprised at first but then returned to his normal self “Hey” he answered. I giggled at his reaction “Sorry didn’t mean to scary you” he grinned “Don’t worry I don’t get scared easily, I was just surprised” I grinned back “Whatever you say”

“Well, do you need something?” he asked me. I made a thinking face. “What was it? Ah! I heard you read peoples hands and grant wishes” hearing that he furrowed his eyebrows “So what about it?” he said in an aggressive way “Nothing. Just wanted to ask if it’s true” I said.

“Yeah, it is” I clapped my hand together and smiled excited “Was that the reason you talked to me?” he asked. I was surprised. I don’t want to say the truth because it’s embarrassing but I guess I have no other way. I sighed and blushed a bit looking at him in the eyes “To tell the truth I just wanted an excuse to talk to you...” I could see his eyes go a bit wide for a moment then he smiled. His looks even better when he smiles “But that’s so cool! Can you read my hand then?” I said changing subject. He grinned and grabbed my the palm of my hand “Yeah sure”

He said great things while reading my palm. Great coming here wasn’t such a bad idea mom “Thanks” I said when he finished “You are welcome. So I assume you want me to grant you a wish too” He said with a bored and kind of sad face. I smiled.

“Nop, no need” I said surprising him “Why?” he said confusion all over his face “I want to get things with my own effort. I don’t want wishes to do that for me” he smiled yet again.

“Now let’s go back, we look like a snow man” we both laughed at that and went back inside.

                                                  --------

Since then we started talking whenever we could. We are like best friends but I want to be more than that. I have started to like him and sometimes seeing girls and even some boys coming to him, talking and touching him hurt. With the time I passed with him I learn that many people go to him because of his ‘powers’ mostly because of the wishes, which must be why he talked so aggressively to me the first time we met. But that’s not only why. Many girls flirt with him and already many confessed but he always refuses. Thank god. I didn’t know he was so popular, it’s really troublesome.

I don’t even know if he likes guys. But I think he does, I remember one time, he telling me that he didn’t care about gender.

 I sighed thinking about it.

The worst of the worst is that this morning a girl from our class come crying to the classroom after being rejected by Yoongi but what surprised me by the negative was that she said he refused by saying he liked someone already.

Right now I was coming to his house. I knocked and he opened the door smiling when he saw me. He let me in.

“Can we go to your room?”

Seeing the seriousness of my voice and my face he got serious too. We went to his room and I sat on his bed.

“Can you grant me a wish?” I said and he looked shocked and angry at the same time.

“Why?” he asked but I didn’t answer him. He sighed and set beside me on the bed. “What do you want?”

“How is the person you like?” I said looking at the floor but I could see he wasn’t expecting it. His face softens and he began speaking “The person I like is funny, beautiful, and great to talk to and behind all a good friend. I love him”

Hearing that broke my heart and I could feel tears falling from my face. I looked at him with my tearing face.

“I want to be like that. That’s my wish”

He smiled and brought his hand to my face wiping out my tears. “You silly boy. You are already like that.”

I stopped crying. So that means he likes me? I smiled a big one and hugged him, he hugged me back. “From now on I’ll just grant your wishes”

I smiled and pulled back looking him in the eye. “Then I’ll start now. Kiss me”

He grinned and grabbed my chin putting his face closer to mine. The kiss was gentle and filled with love. We pulled back and looked each other in the eye.

“I love you Jimin”

I smiled in the embrace “I love you too Yoongi”