Prologue

Follow me my angel

“Follow me”

We stood on the roof of a house, in front of us the deep abyss, behind us dark figures. They walked to us, slowly but emphatic. Panic-fueled I looked for another escape, but there wasn’t anything else. We were trapped. What should we do? Wasn’t there any hope for us? Was this our future? Being trapped between the evil and the death. I didn’t want to realize that. There had to be hope, even if it was a small one.

„Follow me“, he whispered again, looking deep into my eyes. “Don’t be afraid of the dark. Don’t be afraid of the death. Just trust me.” And I trusted him. I didn’t look back, I didn’t think about the consequences, I took his hand and followed him. That was the only way, the escape I looked for. For the last time we looked into each other’s eyes. For the last time he kissed me on my forehead. Then we jumped. Without any hesitation we gave up our lives. We knew we never would see our friends again, never would visit the animal park we used to when we went out for a date again. Before our bodies smashed on the street I thought about the first time I saw him. My mother always said if you die you’ll see your whole life like a fast movie playing in the cinema and she was right. He was my life and I didn’t regret anything.

I LOVE YOU JUNG DAEHYUN