Final

My Little Angel ♡

The cool night breeze blows gently into your flowing hair. No matter how fast you walked, the air hasn't seemed to successfully dishevel your hair yet. 

 
Wrapped in a trench coat and scarf, you made your way to the departure terminal. Quite a lot of people were there, as the aircraft was reported to land in approximately 20 minutes. 
 
The temperature has dropped by a few degrees when you noticed the little one snuggling into your chest. You smiled and slightly tightened your arms around her as you placed a gentle kiss on the crown of her head. 
 
Not long after, you heard the sound of bells and the monotonous voice of a woman coming from the speakers on the ceiling. 
 
"Attention: Korea Air with flight number KE261 will be landing in a few minutes. Thank you." 
 
You carefully rewrapped the baby blanket around your daughter to match with your black coat. Soon after, a mass exodus of people exit the wide double doors and you prepare yourself for the surprise. 
 
Between the crowd of tired looks, a familiar face catches your eye. He looks quite different, judging since the last time you saw him. Or maybe it was the military uniform he wore. 
 
After staring for quite a while, you decided to wave. Fortunately, he noticed your gesture despite the loud cries of people calling out their family members' names. 
 
The muscles on the corner of his lips contract, and they form a broad smile.
 
Moonbin strode to you and stopped for a few seconds to appreciate the beautiful sight in front of him. Then he started to lean in, and for a moment you were able to reconnect the bond between yourselves after more than a year. 
 
Your baby squirms from the pressure created by you and Moonbin's bodies pressed together. You pull away, smiling as you look down. 
 
"And who do we have here?" Moonbin breaks the silence. 
 
"Jagi, meet your daughter, Moonhye." You slowly tilted the mound of blankets resting on your arm to reveal a chubby, mini female version of him, wrapped in a thick blanket. 
 
His eyes widen as he averts his gaze at his baby, and back at you. His shocked expression demanded an answer, and you smiled. 
 
"I delivered her 6 months ago." 
 
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, surprised. "We could've had a video call." 
 
"It's just part of the surprise, I guess." You giggled. 
 
"May I?" He asked, arms reaching forward. You nodded, shifting the baby into his arms. 
 
"Hi, I'm your daddy." He admired his little bundle of joy who was smiling in his embrace. "She looks just like me." 
 
 
"That was the first thing I thought of when she was born." You replied, sighing deeply as you recalled the memory. 
 
He slightly lifted Moonhye, smiled at her, and rested her head on his chest. He smiled at you once again, then returned her to you, so he could carry his baggage. 
 
"Come on, let's go home." 
 
On the way to your car, he leans over to kiss your cheek. 
 
"Thank you for giving birth to our precious little angel." 
 

 

*dies of feels* 
Bless whoever took that picture, I died taking just one look at it. I hope you enjoyed this drabble! 
Please leave your comments! 
 
applepie1068