Chapter 4

The Stories Between Us

“Where are you?”

“Are you trying to ruin my date, huh?”

Jae In gasps, closed with her palm. “Seriuosly? I’m so-“

Sehun laughed over the phone. Jae In is easy to believe at anything. “I lied. So what’s going on?”

Jae In hissed. If Sehun in front of her, she must be hit his head now. “I’m hungry. Dinner with me, kay?”

“Your treat.”

 

Jae In arrived at the restaurant first. She took place after the windows, watched people who passed by, waiting for Sehun. While waiting, she orders the food. Sehun will eat anything so Jae In orders randomly. And for sure she orders strawberry milkshake, Sehun favorite.

“Where’s Jongin?” Sehun asked when finally he arrived and sits in front of Jae In.

The girl shakes her head. “He didn’t take my call.”

“Seriously? I will call him then.” The guy takes his phone out and make a call. A few seconds passed, “Oh, he didn’t take my call too.”

“He just busy with the event, don’t take it too serious.”

“He busy with everything but never thinks about his love life.”

 

Jae In munched her food before talking. “Don’t you have a date with Hayoung, tonight?”

Sehun sips his strawberry milkshake before answering the girl. “I dumped her for your free food.”

The thing that near to Jae In is her wallet, so she hits Sehun with it. “Seriously, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun laughed. “No no it’s joking, kay. We always date on Friday night. It’s Wednesday, so I’m free.”

“Did Hayoung know how annoying you are? I really feel sorry for her.” Jae In asked. She meant it about Sehun that so annoying.

“She still love me anyway.” Sehun said confidently.

“Gezz, I always wonders why Hayoung want to be with you. She is pretty. Ah, your last girlfriend is pretty too. Why you always got the pretty one. That is the biggest question in my life.”

“The answer is simple,” Sehun suddenly make a pose, “because I’m handsome and charming.”

That is the second time Jae In hits Sehun with her wallet.

 

Jae In sips her ice chocolate before talking. “By the way, I have something to tell you.”

Sehun hummed as respond. He still busy munching his food to say something.

“I have a boyfriend.”

Sehun still munching his food while nodding. “So, it’s official between you and Jongin, huh?”

“It’s Byun Baekhyun.”

“You must be joking.”

“I’m deathly serious, Oh Sehun.”

The guy felt so angry now. “Yah, I lost my appetite now. You are so worst at making joke seriously.”

“Overacting you, potato head. And for your information, I’m not joking.”

“How come?” Sehun suddenly remember something, “ah, it happened when you met him that day, isn’t it?”

Jae In nods happily. She rewinds that happy moments in her mind while smiling. She told Sehun everything about that day. Makes the guy quiet in awe.

 

“That’s totally beyond imagination, Jang Jae In. I can’t even thinking about it.” Sehun folds his hand. Totally clueless.

Jae In just shrugs. “I don’t know either. He just said that he liked me. Asked me to be his girlfriend and I did.”

“Don’t you think is weird? You don’t even ask him why he liked you. Something off.” Sehun felt so suspicious.

“Yah, don’t scare me out. I don’t even dare to think about anything.” Jae In said. Actually, she does suspicious. Byun Baekhyun is out of sudden. She never think that the guy will like him. Baekhyun never give a hint that he liked her.

“I just don’t want you to be hurt. Please be careful with him. Stay on guard, kay?” Sehun really meant it. He doesn’t want his best friend to be hurt. Especially by a guy like Byun Baekhyun.

 

There’s so many rumor about Byun Baekhyun and all of it is not good rumor. Jae In knows it, she is aware of it. But now, she doesn’t want to think about it. Because all she knows that he likes her, either her.

 

“Oh, Jongin calling.” Sehun words break the silent. “Jongin, where the hell are you?”

Jae In can’t hear what Jongin said over there. She just silently eating her food again.

“Come over. I have dinner with miss piggy now. Treat on her of course. And you have to know that─” Sehun stops his sentence abruptly. He heard what Jongin said over phone. “Ah, okay. It’s okay. See you tomorrow, then.”

 

“What he said?” Jae In asked.

Sehun puts his phone on table before taking his strawberry milkshake. “He still at college. Practicing for event.”

“Until now? Should we come to him?” Jae In worried about Jongin since the guy always forgot to eat whenever practicing his dancing.

“He said it’s okay. He already eat and going home soon so we don’t have to pick him up.” Sehun looks at his friend before talking. “You don’t have to worry. He can take care of himself.”

The girl just gave a faint smile before finishing her ice chocolate.

 



I'm so full lately and even forgot about this fiction.

Hope I can spare some time to continue this story since I love this story.

Happy reading!