final

The Senior

Never expected an early relationship or kinship would emerge from a warm greeting at the time. Sehun and Seunghee began to close. Sometimes Sehun helped Seunghee to take care of some of the documents that must be out of their departmental letterhead. And now it's been months passed, Seunghee already an internship at an insurance company. And Sehun should took care of their thesis. The man was on between preoccupations sometimes picked Seunghee. That girl also did not refuse because she felt grateful. Sehun already helped many of her business.
That day, again, Sehun picked Seunghee up where she did an internship. Sehun had prepared a surprise in his baggage. She looked tired. Sehun could read the exhaustion from the look on her face.
“Seunghee-ya.” He called while driving her to her house.
“Ne, sunbaenim.” She stole a glance at him.
“You don’t have a schedule for tomorrow?” Sehun knew from corner of his eye that the girl glanced at him.
Seunghee tilted her head and shook it. “I think no. Why, sunbaenim?” It’s quite strange for her.
“Nothing, just wanting to ask you for hang out.” She gasped.
“Oh.” She got nervous so suddenly.
“Do you want to hang out?” He spontaneously asked her.  
“Huh?” She shocked. It was beyond her expectation. It’s not like she disliked it but she just did not know how to react when Sehun asked for a hang out. She was quiet for a while.
“What? You don’t want to?” Sehun nervously rubbed his temple. He suddenly felt a rejection from her.
“It’s not like that.” Seunghee nervously denied. No, she did not deny. Only solely nervousness.
“If you don’t want, it’s okay, Seunghee-ya.” Sehun tried to calm his own heart. It was really like like rejection. She held his arm softly.
“Let’s hang out, sunbaenim. I’d love to.” She answered with smiling on her face.
It's like a windfall that came in the middle of his busy life. “Okay, i will pick you up in the morning, how?” He asked her.
“It’s okay, sunbaenim.” She nodded.
Their hearts were both now getting nervous. Either might one another like or how, nobody knew it. During the return trip to the home also, they were not talking at all. They got busy with their own thoughts. Bustling with the worst script that came into their heads. When Sehun’s car arrived at Seunghee’s house, he helped Seunghee to get out from the car and hurriedly open his baggage. Seunghee completely dazed seeing Sehun's behaviour. The girl did not know what made Sehun like busy moms who were taking care of the matters of their child's school. Seunghee followed Sehun behind.
She was stunned to see the contents of Sehun’s baggage. Seunghee was silent for a thousand languages. The girl loved a white rose. It seemed she wanted to grab the flowers and store in her room.
“Keep that flowers. That’s for you.” He said clearly near her ear. Luckily, her heart did not come off because of the breath from Sehun’s mouth which tickled her ear. Her senior made her powerless if like this. Seunghee was very sensitive to things which smelled romance.
“For me? What occasion that made you bought it for me, sunbaenim?” She hesitantly asked him.
Sehun was nervous and just chuckled. He just smiled broadly. “Uhm, nothing. Nothing special.” He lied. “Seunghee-ya, don’t you have to take a rest inside your home now?” He just grabbed the bouquet of white roses in his grip and closed the baggage then went along with Seunghee. Sehun was not used to be a clumsy guy in front of the women, but somehow in front of Seunghee, he started being so clumsy. And indeed a romantic guy. He escorted her to the front of her main door. He bid a farewell bouquet and handed it to the hands of Seunghee. He waved his hand before he left. After that, Sehun returned to his apartment.

Seunghee went into the house and immediately accost her mother. The girl has been living with his mother. Her father was a diplomat who still had to serve abroad. Her mother smiled at her daughter.
“Is that your boyfriend, honey?” She . Seunghee just got nervous after getting a tease from her mom.
“No, he is not, mom. He is just a senior. A kind senior of mine.” She immediately picked up a vase and filled water into it. She put the roses in it.
“Then, why did he give you that roses?” She approached her daughter and combed her hair gently.
“I don’t know, mom.” She was hypnotized by the beauty of the rose.
“Don’t you know the meaning behind white roses, honey?” Seunghee looked up at her mom.
“What is it?” The mother escorted her to sit down together on the couch in the family room.
“It’s a definition of pure love. He sincerely loves you.” Seunghee knew she could not gutted to false hope for the umpteenth time. But when her mother, who explained the true meaning of the bouquet, she hesitated with her feelings. She doubt whether to keep convincing herself that Sehun also loved it. Whether Sehun also had same feeling with her. Her mother just combed her hair and squeezed her hand with her thumb gently. She had never felt throughout this doubt. She feared that the attention which she received just a mere mercy. She did not like to be pitied.
“Just give a chance to him, dear. I can see your hesitance in your eyes, dear. You can not lie before your mom.” Her mother uttered as if she could read through her eyes. Seunghee sighed.
“Mom, you know me, right? I would not let my heart hurt anymore.” Seunghee muttered.
“Even it’s just a chance, dear?” Her mother questioned it as if begging her to open her heart once again, trying to see the truth in front of her was not a mortal happiness. Seunghee could not refuse the request from her mother if like this one. She nodded as if he agreed to give it a chance to see the seriousness of a person. She excused herself to depart to her room and rest up.

A few hours after invited Seunghee to hangout, Sehun was nervous to meet her again. It's still early, Sehun had prepared himself well. Many times he tried to choose clothes for his first hangout with Seunghee. It's like the story of puppy love during his high school era. Even a toast and a cup of coffee could not get him to relax. He gave up. His room was now like a broken vessel. All clothes scattered on the floor. Took all day to tidy up. He took a polo shirt and jeans. He immediately put it on. He smoothed his hair and give it a bit of perfume to his body. At least he needed to look neat and fragrant. He did not forget to take a bag and put the important stuff into it. Including a bottle contained a piece of paper. As a letter in a bottle which usually floating in the ocean. He grabbed his car key. He carried his bag and headed out from his apartment to Seunghee’s house. As  soon as he reached the parking basement, he hurriedly went into his car and started the engine. Then, the journey was began. The view at the end of the week always made him jealous. Not because he was hungry for a relationship, but at least he felt jealous seeing couples who really genuinely love and proudly demonstrated their intimacy in front Sehun.
“Ah, too much lovey-dovey.” He complained.

When he arrived at Seunghee’s house, he found the girl already standing in front of her house with her mother. Sehun immediately embarrassed. He immediately rushed out of the car and greeted Seunghee’s mother.
“Good morning, Mrs. Choi.” He politely bowed to her mother. The lady just giggled and bowed back.
“Good morning. So, you are the one who wanting Seunghee to go out with you?” Seunghee’s cheeks immediately flushed. She was so shy. Either Sehun. Both of them were getting shy.
“Sorry to not ask your permission first, Mrs. Choi.” He bowed again in embarrassment.
“That’s okay. But please, protect her. I don’t want to see my daughter get any harm.” He nodded. Both bid a permission to take a leave and have fun together. Sehun and Seunghee continued their hangout into a cafe. The cafe was only open until the middle of the afternoon.


Seunghee and Sehun already sat opposite. The girl was actually starving because she put off her breakfast. They'd ordered food earlier. Sehun squeezed his own hands. Tried for not showing that he was not nervous in front of her.
“How’s your night?” He asked to break the ice between them.
“It’s…just so-so. I almost forgot to wake up this morning if my mom didn't wake me up.” The girl completely covered her nervousness well. She also squeezed her own hands to chase away the awkwardness between them. Sehun nodded.
“You must be so tired yesterday.” Sehun turned his face into a large mirror in the cafe. And Seunghee also followed where his eyes attracted to an object.
“Yeah, it sounded like exhaustion, sunbae.” She rubbed her nape. Sehun suddenly assumed his chin and stared curiously at Seunghee. As if he was always regarded Seunghee as someone that very interesting, also mysterious.
“After this cafe, do you know we have a dog cafe around here?” Slowly Sehun grabbed Seunghee’s hand and held it gently. While the girl was surprised at his gentle side.
“Are we gonna do a cafe trip?” She asked in mumbling. He giggled.
“Actually i don’t know.” He drew a small smile on his face that flushed her cheek in red like a tomato. Their romance finally terminated immediately because their food has been delivered by the waitress and served upon them. They ate their meals with pleasure. There was no conversation during the meal.After they finished off their food, Sehun paid it. Actually Seunghee objected because the cafe was quite ruthless in determining the price of food production. Then they came out from the café while holding hands.

Instead of getting into the car and went to the dog cafe, they actually walked to the next cafe. Sehun did not let Seunghee releasing her grasp. He grasped her hands tightly as if he was afraid to lose her. Sehun occasionally pulled her closer to him. She was also occasionally shocked and surprised because it was unusual to be treated like protected by Sehun. Suddenly Sehun discontinued their footsteps and let go of their grip. He took out a bottle from his bag and gave the  bottle to Seunghee. The girl wondered.
“What it is, sunbae?” The girl was examined it and opened the bottle. She pulled a scrap of paper rolls from the bottle. However, as quickly as possible Sehun directly held Seunghee to pause. Sehun and Seunghee exchanged glances unintentionally.
“Sunbae.” She mumbled. Sehun slowly released his grip as he stared at her.
“I love you.” He murmured. Seunghee could not believe what she had heard. But she pretended not to hear.
“Huh?” She tested him. He caught himself.
“Nothing, forget it, Seunghee-ya.” He awkwardly giggled. She looked at him suspiciously and opened the roll paper and started to read handwriting on paper which looked worn carefully.
All day I think of you
All day I’m being grateful that Heaven let us meet each other
All day I recall the moment we met for the first time
Are you the one that fill the emptiness in my heart
I started to fall in your charm day by day
You know that I so clumsy to stand by your side
But your laughter disenchants me
I need you by my side
Second by second
I’m being honest with myself
I need you more than you ever imagine
Do you feel the same way I do?

She dropped the paper but Sehun immediately caught it. Sehun felt he was already rejected it out. While Seunghee did not expect that someone who has been her love since she entered the university would love her back as well. He sighed.
“Sunbae…” She called him. He glanced at her. “Yes?”
“Could you directly confessed it to me?” Sehun blinked owlishly. He could not believe yet he could not resist at her after she asked him for confessing it directly before her.
“Do you like me just the same way I like you?” Sehun asked hesitantly, aware of the rejection from her but unfortunately she nodded.
“Do you feel the same feeling like I have?” Again, Seunghee nodded.
He cleared his throat. “Do you want to be my girlfriend, Choi Seunghee?” The girl did not answer him. She grabbed his hand.
“The answer..should not from me. You ask someone that close to me. You should ask her permission to date me.” He heaved a sigh of relief for a while. That girl did not refuse him but she wanted to see his sincerity for her. He intertwined their finger that fit to each other.
“Let’s adopt a dog. Bring a home to them. I know what I should do.” He purposely changed the topic and dragged her to the dog cafe. This was not about he obtain a definitive answer but he knew if his heart was sincere and willing with every answer would be given, he certainly got what best for him. Sehun was just trying willingly with whatever happened. At the dog cafe, they enjoyed their weekend playing with the dogs shelter that awaited a house inside the cafe. With a cup of hot coffee and precious time with the dogs shelter had been able to return the positive sides to Seunghee had been spent for doing an internship at her workplace. After two hours of playing with the dogs, Sehun brought a dog to be adopted by them. The dog actually be given to Seunghee to expel the fatigue after returning from the her internship.

Then they returned Seunghee’s home. At home, they were greeted by the lady Choi. She welcomed them home. Also with the dog appearance. She was very happy to see the dog.
“Mrs. Choi, the dog is for Seunghee. Actually I come here to ask your permission.” He politely said after they sat down in the living room. Mrs. Choi and Seunghee looked at each other. The girl was confused with a smile etched on her face.
“What permission?” She asked warmly.
“I want to date your daughter. I promise to not hurt her. I promise to protect her.” He said firmly. She smiled.
“You know, I have watched you over these months. So far I see, you are a good boy. I entrust my daughter to you. You will see the risk if you break your own word.” He nodded steadily and looked at Seunghee. That girl just grinned sweetly at him. After getting the answer, he excused to leave the home. Seunghee’s mother just let him. Seunghee ushered him out from her house.
He paused his steps and faced Seunghee and pecked her forehead. He planted a kiss on her forehead.
“I will support you. I will protect. I hold my word.” Seunghee suddenly hugged him. “Thanks for loving me back.”
“That should be me to thank you.” He ruffled her hair. He got into the car and waved a hand at her.
He knew it’s just a beginning of his long love story. Waiting for the right time and the right one and being sincere are worth thing to do to get the best thing for his entire life.