Hurt

In The Same Place

Word count: 680

 

"Sooyeon...is that you?" Jessica immediately recognized that husky voice. Swallowing and trying to take a few deep breaths to calm her rapidly beating heart before she turned around

"...Stephanie I..." One hard, fierce slap across Jessica's face interrupted whatever lame excuse she was trying to utter. 

Tiffany tried to keep her tears back though she was sure people could already tell she was about to cry

"I hate you! Jung Sooyeon, do you even realise how selfish you've been?!" Tiffany grabbed hold of Jessica's blouse and shook the elder woman once to make her look at her. 

Jessica didn't reply, she hung her head and shoulders. Her eyes not daring to look at her past lover. Those few words cutting her heart so deep she almost forgot how to breathe.

"Look at me! Damn it. Look at me you heartless jerk!!" Tiffany's voice boomed and echoed. Jessica felt her knees go weak and her heart slowing down. The ache in her heart growing and swallowing her whole.

"Please...just kill me.." she finally spoke. Her voice sounding so broken Tiffany's once furious eyes filled with new tears. 

"...I can't bear live like this any longer... please... Stephanie ...just kill me..." Jessica moved her head so her eyes meet Tiffany's and the younger could see all Jessica's pain and burden. Startled she let go of Jessica's blouse watching as the blonde collapsed onto the cold, hard, concrete floor.

Krystal arrived just in time to see her older sister collapse. Horrified she rushed to her sister's aid. "Unnie, unnie!" Tiffany took a step back. Her head not completely progressing the events. 

"What did you do?!" Krystal asked. Her eyes more hurt and sad than mad and Tiffany could only shake her head in response. 

Jessica managed to collect strength from her little sister's presence. Standing up with pure force of will and Krystal's assistance. 

"I was wrong...I though if I left, you could focus on what you always loved...your carrier" Tiffany frowned in disgust. 

"I loved you, my main focus was you!" Tiffany could no longer hold back her tears. 

"You left me like I meant nothing, like our love was nothing to you!" Tiffany Slapped Jessica in the face two more times. The pain she felt had to be shared somehow. But Jessica didn't defend herself. Even though she clearly knew what was coming. 

"I tried to keep you happy, you've always loved your job. I couldn't make you stay with me forever" Jessica argued but Tiffany didn't buy any of it.

"You didn't even try!" This time Tiffany delivered a punch. Krystal was about to interfere but Jessica stopped her. 

"Tiffany, I'm not getting better... I'm getting worse." Jessica's eyes flashed with more hurt and only then did Tiffany realise what Jessica talked about. 

"You're lying!" Tiffany tried to deny but even Krystal's eyes where b with unshed tears and Tiffany knew, just how selfless Jessica had truly been at that very moment.

Staggering forwards, Jessica tenderly wrapped her arms around Tiffany's body. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" she muttered her voice so faint her words sounded like wispers. 

"For loving you, for leaving...and now...for not being able to return" Jessica's lips meet Tiffany's in a farewell. A last gift of love and pardons. A kiss of salty tears and the bitter taste of blood.

Tiffany could only cry. Her Jessica would at least watch her from heaven together with Tiffany's mother.

"I'll watch over you, even though I can't protect you anymore" Jessica said, smiling softly. "Taeyeon will be here for yiou, trust her." 

 

***

 

A few days turned into months and Jessica's funeral was held during a cold November day. Krystal and Tiffany each held a speech. 

Jessica looked so relaxed in her coffin. As if she was simply asleep.

"Even if you won't be able to be at the same place as me anymore... you'll be at the same place as mom, in heaven. I have and will always love and miss you for the time we were together and been kept apart... Farewell Jessi."