Ice Meets Nice

Ice Meets Nice

Ice Meets Nice

 

The Ice princess (since her older sister is the queen) loathed the vendor next door who would always give out freebies whenever someone buys from them. She hated the painter next door who would always welcome her customers with a nice and dorky smile and whenever it’s closing time, she would pass by and buy a rose from her flower shop.

“Why do you buy one rose, is it for a special someone?” one of her workers and also best friend, Sulli asked the Nice vendor next to them.

“I just wanna.” She winked as she gave her the money and went out with the rose. The ice princess overheard the conversation and got ticked off when Sulli kept on teasing her about the vendor next door.

“Shut up, that painter’s weird.”

Sulli laughed, “I don’t think so.”

“One rose, please.”

The Ice princess rolled her eyes, she was facing her back on the front door and heard the painter’s voice (every time she comes over to buy a rose, Sulli is always the one in the counter.) It must be one of her unlucky days since she have to talk to her for the first time (she always avoid her, and she doesn’t even know why)

“That’ll be 1.99,” The Ice princess said as she wrapped the delicate flower in a newspaper leaving its head out and gave it to the painter who smiled at her.

“Here,” she said as she handed her the money, “Can I also have your name, too?”

The Ice Princess blinked, unable to answer the request of the painter.

“I’ll pay for it.” She smiled wide and The Ice princess was impressed of the oozing confidence from her.

“Why?”

The painter then leaned on the counter, the Ice Princess frozen on her spot and their faces were only inches apart from kissing.

“So that the next time I’ll buy a rose from here, I’ll finally have someone to send it to.”

-zxz

“Where should I send these?” Sulli asked when the painter next door bought three roses; it was after that day when she got the name of the owner of the flower shop’s name.

“Just put it inside her office,” she pointed at the door at the back and the taller girl knowingly smiled, “finally have someone to send it to?”

The painter nodded, “Yup, send this to one beautiful Krystal, and tell her that it’s from Amber Liu, the handsome painter next door.”

Sulli couldn’t help but giggle, “Very well then,” she winked at Amber who smiled at her in return, “and your name is?”

“Sulli, Choi Sulli.”

Amber was silent for a moment before speaking, “Do you happen to know Choi Minho?”

The taller girl nodded, “Yeah, he’s my cousin, why?”

“He’s a friend of mine, we’ll be meeting later, you want to come?”

Sulli nodded, “Of course, how about a little game?”

-zxzxz-

“Minho, this is my girlfriend, Sulli.” Amber said as she saw Minho froze in his seat and Sulli was clinging her arm on hers.

Minho stood up and rubbed his eyes, “Since when are you two dating?”

Sulli giggled and Amber smirked, “A year and a half.”

“THAT LONG?!” he yelled, frustrated for not knowing that his best friend is dating his favorite cousin.

“Yah, shut up.” Amber dismissed as they sat on their seats while Minho bowed to everyone for his outburst.

“But—how come.. how come I didn’t know…” he stuttered, still looking at the two.. he just couldn’t believe it. He knows Amber that she won’t date someone taller than her.

“Do you really think that I won’t date this handsome girl?” Sulli asked as she pointed at Amber who smiled at her, Minho shook his head, “I just didn’t think that she would date girls who are taller than her.”

Sulli laughed making Amber shake her head and smirk, “Yah, don’t tell her stuff like that!” she made hand movements making Minho laugh, too.

“So, who asked who?”

Amber pointed Sulli, “She asked me first, so I said yes,” she shrugged her shoulders, “I am the ever so fabulous Amber Liu, who could ever resist my charm.” She said smugly as Sulli slightly punched her arm.

“Well, you’re not the only one who bought here a someone, Amber.” Minho said, “I was gonna hook you up with this girl, too but you’re not gonna have her.”

Amber smiled, “Is this supposed to be a blind date?”

Minho nodded, “Yep, since you’re too hooked up on your painting business, but I’m happy that you’re with my cousin.” He stopped when he stood up and smiled, “And she’s here.”

“Sulli?” the girl said, and looked at Amber, “Stupid painter?”

“Krystal?” Sulli asked and lets go of Amber’s arm, “Oh,” but upon the realization at what the girl had called her, “Yah, who are you calling stupid?!”

“I AM CONFUSED!” Minho stood up and exclaimed, making the people, once again, look at them.

z-xz-xz

“Wait, so you two are just playing with me?” Minho asked as Krystal sat next to him, the two nodded and Sulli smirked, “Yeah, your face was priceless when you found out that we were dating,” she stifled a giggle, Amber was still silent, mesmerized by the florist’s beauty. She was wearing a black sleeveless dress, her black hair flowing to her backless dress and her eyes were fixated on her friend, well, actually, she’s glaring at the taller girl beside Amber, who on the whole time, is oblivious at the death glares from her best friend.

“So, Amber,” Minho called her making her look at the man in front of her, “What do you think of Krystal?”

Amber paused for a while to look and smile at Krystal, “She’s beautiful,” she blurted out, she choked on what she had said and got a teasing smile from the Choi cousins as Krystal rolled her eyes at Amber who bowed her head in embarrassment.

“Gosh, can you tell me something that I do not know?” Krystal asked, trying to act y so that Amber won’t get comfortable that will lead to a clingy Amber because she hates clingy people and she also dislikes Amber in no understandable reason because she just do. And no one can change her mind about it, not Amber’s smile, not her dorky and llama like face, and especially not her voice when she sings (she heard her sing once with her guitar when she happens to be passing by her store for no apparent reason [but she just did it to see what kind of painting shop Amber have, definitely not for the reason that she’s interested or anything]) She just doesn’t like Amber.

 But truth be told, from Sulli’s point of view, who is Krystal’s best friend, since the two of them got involved in a fight on why the sky is blue when they were in kindergarten (Sulli’s reason was that God just made it that way but Krystal said it’s because of the air molecules) she just knew that Krystal’s in denial of liking this llama faced girl who is sitting and is oblivious that she’s obvious in stealing glances at the cold looking girl who was obviously glaring at her the whole time since she arrived at the restaurant. And did she mention the jealous look that her best friend gave her when she saw hers and Amber’s arm were clung together? Yeah, she didn’t.

“You’re a cold looking girl who has a warm heart inside,” Amber said as she gave Krystal a shy smile before turning into a grin, “who is in denial of liking me.” She winked as Krystal gave out an exasperated sigh and laughed, “Oh my goodness, you are stupid. This is stupid.” She laughed, Minho shook his head as Sulli smirked, completely enjoying the scene before her.

“Well, aren’t you?” Amber tilted her head, Minho chuckled, “Amber, you are one hell of a smooth talker, is this how you talk to someone that you like?”

The tomboy drank her water, “She likes me.” She pointed her thumb at Krystal who rolled her eyes in return, Minho just remained silent and looks at his cousin who was smirking at the two of them, and she’s definitely enjoying this.

“First of all,” Krystal started, “I don’t like you.” She looked at the tomboy eye-to-eye but quickly retreated, afraid that she would drown on those alluring eyes, “second, you are stupid.” She twirled her pasta, “and third, you are stupid.”

Sulli wiggled her brows at her cousin who did the same to her.

“First of all,” Amber copied Krystal, “You’re beautiful,” the cold looking girl looks at Amber, her brows were raised, “Second, you’re really beautiful, wasn’t lying and isn’t lying,” she crossed her heart with her thumb like a child and smiled at her, “ and third, go on a date with me?”

And that time, the people looks at them once again when the Choi cousins stood up from their seats, their fists were raised, and exclaimed a loud, “YES!”

--z-xz

“Sorry if I can’t offer you a ride home,” Amber said as she removed her coat and gave it to Krystal to cover her bare self. The younger girl just nodded, “Just bring me home safe and you’re fine.”

Amber giggled as she removed her red tie and undid a few buttons on her white undershirt, “As long as you’re with me, you are safe.”

“Don’t make promises,” she said, Amber nodded, “Why are you so stiff? Loosen up, just for this night.” She then held Krystal’s hand who looks at her, “what are you doing?”

“Holding your hand?”

Krystal frowned, “Why?”

“To keep you safe, of course.” Amber beamed at her, Krystal blushed and was thankful that because of the darkness and only the streetlights lighting their way, Amber wouldn’t see her blushing face.

“You know,” Krystal started as she now held Amber’s hand in return, “I can now add weird to The List of Amber’s Definitives.” Amber laughed and smirked at her, “Give me 5 words that describe me.”

Krystal pouted, “You’re stupid, weird, kind, you are a llama,” she paused to lean her head on Amber’s shoulder, “and I’ll let this one slide since you’re walking me home, you’re kinda handsome for a girl.”

Amber laughed, “You like me, Krystal.”

“What if I do, Amber?”

And there was silence after that they crossed the street and on the entire walk home, Amber was silent and Krystal was afraid, afraid that Amber only wants to be friends with her and is afraid to reject her since their friendship is still budding. I was the one who calls her stupid yet here I am, being stupid… to her.

They stopped walking when they arrived at the gate of Krystal’s apartment, “Uh, thanks for walking me.” She said as she lets go of Amber’s hand but was stopped by a strong grip, she looks at Amber who smiled at her, “What if you do like me?” she asked, Krystal blinked, unable to feel anything except for two things, Amber’s warmth on her hand and her heart, which is beating really fast.

“I don’t know.” Krystal whimpered, Amber smiled, “You know, if you just tell me that you like me, I would kiss you.”

“But I don’t know what you feel.” She muttered when Amber laughed, pulling Krystal closer, making her let go of Krystal’s sweating hand, she puts her hands on the younger girl’s waist as Krystal gripped on Amber’s collar, shocked from the sudden action..

“I’ve liked you for a very long time now,” she smiled, and Krystal could have sworn that she have died at that time but was just revived by Amber’s glimmering eyes.

“I was looking for the perfect place for my shop, and when I saw you watering your plants outside your shop, I just knew it that being next to yours would be the perfect thing,” she paused to kiss Krystal on the forehead, the younger girl then closed her eyes, “or how you would glare at me when I greet my customers and how I feel you being irritated because of that,” she laughed when Krystal opened her eyes to glare at the tomboy who remained unfazed, “or how you would look away when I smile at you or how you hide yourself every time when I’m inside your shop to buy a rose.” Krystal bowed her head down, making Amber kiss her forehead, Amber used her other hand to raise Krystal’s head through her chin and kissed her nose, “I just knew it, I just knew it,” she repeated until Krystal’s eyes were back on hers again, “I just knew it that you’re the one.”

And with that, Amber kissed Krystal on the lips, first thing at what Amber had observed was her lips were soft and tasted tomatoes, she moved her lips sideways to taste more of Krystal’s and the younger girl did not fail her, Krystal wrapped her arms on Amber’s neck making the kiss deeper, she opened and Amber s her way in. Krystal breathed through her nose making her moan, Amber smiled while kissing and removed her hand on Krystal’s chin and held her curves, her other hand still on the younger girl’s back as she climbed her hand up and down, again.

But the kissed was stopped when a certain someone cleared their throat, “Mind explaining this to your sister, Krystal?”

Krystal immediately pushed Amber away from her making her fall on the ground, first.

“Ouch, ouch, ouch,” Amber crouched, rubbing her .

Krystal stuttered, “he—hey… un—unnie.”

Krystal’s older sister, crouched down to Amber’s level and took her by the collar, forcing her to stand up and Amber froze on her glare.

“Who is this person?” she asked Krystal who bowed her head, “the stupid painter next door that I was talking about.”

“I thought you don’t like her?”

“I now do.”

Her older sister laughed and her gripped on Amber’s collar tightened, “Don’t kill her, unnie!” Krystal yelled,

“Let’s bring it inside.”

--xcz

“Name, age and birthdate.” The older sister crossed her leg, Amber who was sitting in front of her gulped, “Yah, are you deaf or not?!”

“A-A—Amber..” she stuttered, “Amber Liu, 25 years old and born on September 18, 1992!” she blurted out, Krystal who was sitting next to the scared Amber smiled at the new information.

“So you’re two years older than my sister,” she shook her head, “not bad…”

Amber was relieved, “Tell me your family background.” Krystal held Amber’s hand and the action didn’t escape her older sister’s eyes.

“My father is a businessman while my mother is at home, I have an older sister who just travels a lot and has a blog about her expeditions.”

Jessica nodded, “And your work involves?”

“Business and painting,” she smiled, “I own a painting shop next to Krystal.” Jessica shook her head, “I know that, do you have any other work than painting?”

“I sing at a bar on weekends.” She said, Krystal’s mouth form a thin line about the new information.

“That’s why you’re familiar; do you work at a bar named Taeny?”

Amber nodded, “Are you a regular there?”

“The owners of that bar are my best friends,” she rolled her eyes, “And Soojung,” she called her younger sister, so, Soojung is her Korean name..

Krystal looks at her sister, “Yes?”

“You have made the right choice choosing this llama,” she then proceeded to glare at Amber who whimpered, “Do something to her more than kissing and I will kill you.”

Krystal rolled her eyes, “Unnie, you know that I’m at the right age to…” she blushed at the word when her older sister sighed, “Fine but do it with your consent, remember my name,” she glared again at Amber, “It’s Jessica Jung.”

With that she stood up and climbed upstairs, Amber sighed in relieved when Krystal climbed on top of her and smirked as she ran her hand on Amber’s cheeks to her hair, “Where were we?”

-zxz