End

Still I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hospital- a place where he thought he would never go near it. But destiny has a different story for him, because after high school, destiny had led him to become a successful doctor- that pretty much earned respect and pride from every staffs, nurses, and doctors at the hospital. Friends, family and all his acquaintances were shocked with the outcome, but they will always be happy for him and always cheers him on no matter what the route he takes. So this where Sungkyu is standing now.  Wearing his white coat, stethoscope around his neck and with the name of Dr Sungkyu, he’s standing there with his patient, Nam Woohyun.

~~~∞~~~

Nam Woohyun is not a stranger to him. Nam Woohyun is, in fact, his classmate back in the years. A guy who always sat in the front row while Sungkyu lazily sat in the last. A guy that has become the class president, while Sungkyu was just being a normal student who cannot wait to finish his high school years. They were both from a different world.  Woohyun was greasy and Sungkyu, well he was cold and couldn’t care less about the entire thing in this world. But they shared the same feeling towards a certain junior- a junior with a hot gaze and visual that can burn the soul of millions girls includes boys. And his name was no other than, Kim Myungsoo.

Kim Myungsoo was cute, sometimes crazy, and sometimes mysterious. That was how Sungkyu had been observing him from far. He was indeed in love with him, but something or better yet someone, blocked his way, because when he was about to confess to the junior, holding a red rose in his hand, he saw something that just crushed his heart away. There he was, standing against a tree with a guy kissing his lips and that guy was indeed Nam Woohyun.

The red rose dropped to the ground and Sungkyu has no intention of picking it up again because he decided to just leave the scene in front of him as fast as possible. It hurts too much. It took time, days and weeks for him to forget about the event. Two days after the scene that he witnessed, he was informed by his friends that Woohyun and Myungsoo had just confirmed to be dating. It turned out that Woohyun managed to confess the day when he saw them kissing under the tree and Myungsoo decided to give Woohyun a chance. Sungkyu was a minute late.

~~~∞~~~

“Hello Woohyun… How are you feeling today?” Sungkyu asked as he noted down the IV test on his board.

“Bad? Worst? I can’t choose” Woohyun replied with an awkward laugh. Sungkyu lifted his head, watching how Woohyun was fidgeting his fingers. He was looking scared- Sungkyu knows. He had been in a situation which is far way worse than this. He dropped the board on the table nearby and walked nearer to his side.

“Hey. You are going to make it. I’ll do my best and give everything to help you Woohyun. So, don’t worry okay?” He smiled, holding Woohyun’s hand in his, giving strength and ensure that he will heal.

Woohyun sighed. “I don’t mind if my time is draining up Sungkyu- he smiled- I just can’t imagine how Myungsoo will take it” He said as he wiped away a droplet of tear that slowly running down his cheek.

“Myungsoo is just a fragile kid. He scared of losing someone and I don’t want him to make a hell out of his life once I’m gone. He deserved to be happy” Woohyun added. His voice sound bitter and Sungkyu knows how much it’s pain him to see someone he dearly loves most, hurts.

Sungkyu thought of a word to make Woohyun believed that he will make it and that he will survive, but nothing was coming out- can he lie to his patient again? He can’t give him false hopes anymore. For a person who is at the stage four of a heart cancer, was hardly impossible to heal. And he believed that Woohyun would probably know his body’s health better than anyone else.

What should I do?

“Woo-”

“Woohyun!” A voice cuts him before he could say anything.

That voice. He knew well the source of the voice coming from because that voice had been singing in his heart for almost years- and still counting. Myungsoo…

“Hi Myung…” Woohyun gave him a bittersweet smile before giving a kiss on the latter cheek, making the younger blushed. He glanced over to Sungkyu but Sungkyu didn’t even move a muscle, still staring the figure that walked pass by him. No matter how many years had passed, Sungkyu’s heart was still beating fast for the younger. His smile, his voice and all about him was just a perfect picture of a dream guy. And unfortunately the stare that Sungkyu gave him didn’t get unnoticed by Woohyun.

The stare… Woohyun thought. It was the same stare that he gave to Myungsoo when he was caught amazed by the younger playfulness, kindness and his sweetness. The same stare when he showed to Myungsoo of how much he loves him.

“How is he today, Dr...”

“… Sungkyu. His name is Sungkyu” Woohyun answered the question, playing in Myungsoo’s mind. Myungsoo smiled and averted his gaze to Sungkyu.

“How is he?” he repeated, holding Woohyun’s hand tightly, not ever wanting to let it go.

Sungkyu was speechless for a moment. What should he say? The truth? Or the sad lies that can ease their heart?

He worked as a doctor long enough to see how the people will react once he told the worst condition of the patient. There was once, he told a little five year old girl that she was going to survive but the girl just smiled. She said that there’s no need to say something that she wanted to believe. She knew better how her condition really was and thanked Sungkyu for trying to make her feel better, but she can accept on what to be her fate. Soon the girl met with her death.

He looked over to Woohyun and he got a sign from him telling him not to tell.

“He will be okay soon, Myungsoo. Don’t worry.” He reassures the younger.

The news made Myungsoo as happy as possible. He quickly jumped and embraced his lover tightly as tears began to fall.

It’s not Myungsoo’s fault to be happy when he heard about the ‘good’ news. Everyone and even Woohyun himself, kept telling him that he needs to be ready if something bad happened one day. Well, Myungsoo doesn’t want to believe. He doesn’t want to believe that one day Woohyun might leave him for good. No… Myungsoo was not ready for that.

“See Woohyun. I told you. You are getting better. You are going to be okay” He cried, burying his head in the crook of Woohyun’s neck.

Woohyun couldn’t say anything and seeing the younger cried, his heart clenched in pain. He let out the tears he was holding back, falling across his cheeks and replied the younger hug before he kissed his forehead and slowly whispered, “I love you Myungsoo”.

~~~∞~~~

Sungkyu went to Woohyun’s room to check on him again. Woohyun was asleep during the checkup, but he can clearly see how Woohyun was getting paler than usual. Sungkyu sighed. To make things worse, Woohyun is not showing any progress at all, in fact, his heart beats kept dropping from time to time, and his energy had been drained up faster than ever.

But Woohyun was lucky because amidst the hardship he was enduring, Myungsoo was always by his side. Giving him strength and spirits to fight the pain. Myungsoo always threw him, smiles, and kisses that Woohyun happily accepted. But sometime Sungkyu caught Myungsoo cried during the time when he was going to the washroom. How he wished to console the younger, but he knew how much pain the younger carried on his shoulder. The feeling of about losing someone you love was indeed unbearable.

“Sun-ngkyu” Woohyun suddenly called, breaking the doctor’s thought. His voice sounded cracked, hurtful and a mix of sadness.

“Yes Woohyun. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” Sungkyu asked, feeling a bit worried.

“No. I’m fine –he assured him with a fake smile- C-can I ask you a favor?”

“Anything. I’ll do it within my ability, Woohyun”

“Take good care of Myungsoo, please -he begged, grabbing Sungkyu hands- I don’t want him to feel alone. I want him to move on with his life. To find his happiness. Please, I’m just asking that one favor. Take care of him…”

Sungkyu backed away a little. He was stunned by the younger’s request.

Seeing how Sungkyu didn’t respond, Woohyun used all the energy he had, trying to stand up, but miserably fail and ended up on the floor. Sungkyu was shocked and was about to help him back on his feet, but Woohyun suddenly went kneeling on his knees.

“Please… Do it for me… I l-love him so much, Sungkyu… I love Myungsoo so much”

Sungkyu felt pain in his heart seeing his friend like this.Then, he slowly grabbed Woohyun shoulder, and lifting him back up on the bed with all the force he has.

“I will. I will take care of him. I promise”

“T-thank yy-ou… Thank you so much Sungkyu” He cried, laying his head on Sungkyu’s chest while the doctor rubbed invisible circles on the younger back, consoling that it would be all fine.

“Take care of him for me. I love him so much”

And that was the last.

~~~∞~~~

The rain falls and the bullets sound of the raindrops started dropping from the sky onto the surface of the black umbrellas. Everyone started to leave one by one and soon there were only 6 people left with one of them looking lost as ever.

“Myungsoo. Come. Let’s go…” Sungyeol pursued him, holding the younger shoulder to support.

Myungsoo looked up at Sungyeol for a second before turning back to the stone in front him. “Leave me alone!” He said while his hands cherish the stone and his tears didn’t stop from falling.

NAM WOOHYUN February 8, 1991 - March 13, 2015.

”Hyung… I thought you said you are going to stay with me for-ever… Where’s your p-promise hyung? Why do you have to leave me? Please Hyun, come back…Namu…please come back” He cried, tugging onto the stone.

Woohyun was only the source of his happiness after his parents died in an accident a few years back. Woohyun would always cheer him up when he’s sad and whenever he started to think about his parents again. Woohyun would hug him in the middle of the night when he had nightmares and cried with him till the sunrise. And now, he was lost. His joy and happiness was taken away as soon as Woohyun fall in the deep sleep.

“Myungsoo hyung. Let’s go. Woohyun is not going to be happy seeing you like this” Sungjong consoled him, hugging him from the side.

Sungjong was the youngest but he has the strongest heart. He loves his hyung and he wanted to cry, but he can’t. Not when he has to see how hurt Myungsoo was feeling right now.

“Sungjong is right Myungsoo-ah. Come. Let’s go back home.” Hoya said as he grabbed his friend's shoulder and pulled him up from the ground- slowly, not hurting the latter.

Myungsoo obligated and turned to Dongwoo who was still crying his tears from the lost. Myungsoo quickly went to him and hugged his friend for support. Feeling the younger’s pain, Dongwoo wrapped his arms around him, hugging him back, and saying strong words to keep him alive. He is in better place now Myungsoo. We need to survive, Dongwoo whispere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter