Fragile

Fragile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hansol!”

 

“Mmph…” I mumbled as I turned over in my bed to rest on my side.

 

“Hey, Hansol… come on dude, wake up. It’s 3:25 in the afternoon & I’m gonna be late for work soon if you don’t get your up.”

 

“Sitting up in bed, I lazily grabbed my glasses from my nightstand & put them on, staring blankly at my tall brown-eyed roommate, Nakta.

 

“Ok, ok.” I yawned out, as I got out of bed to stretch out my arms asking, “What time is it again?”.

 

“3:34, so hurry up & get dressed please?” he pleaded.

 

“Come on.” I sniffled. “I’ll just drop you off like this.” I was still wearing my pajamas from last night that consisted of a white tank top & grey sweats with butterfly socks. I was feeling quite comfortable in my outfit.

 

“Like that?” Nakta asked annoyingly with a raised brow as he eyed me up & down.

 

“What?” I said. “It’s just a tank & some sweats with butterfly socks. I look pretty damn good, don’t you think?”

 

“If you were going to a pajama party, then yes. But we’re going out into the real world once we step out that door. You can’t wear that out in the real world all the time.”

 

“You’re such a hater. Besides, I’m not doing anything until later & the only time that I need to make myself look good again is later.” I stated. I sat on the edge of my bed to put on my sneakers. Once those were on, I headed into the kitchen to look for my car keys. I’m always losing those things.

 

“Oh really now?” Nakta smirked.

 

I smiled warmly as I quickly tousled my black hair. “Mm-hm.” When I found the car keys, I grabbed my hoodie & headed over to the front door.

 

“What are you doing later that you should’ve already told me about?” Nakta chuckled as I locked up & followed behind him out to the car. When we got into the car, we were on our way to his workplace.

 

Nakta was a cashier at the Walmart a few blocks from our apartment.

 

“Well, remember the girl I was telling you about? The one I became good friends with through Yano about 9 months ago? Well, we’ve been talking, talking to each other ever since we became good friends.” I smiled.

 

“Go on.”

 

“Well, she’s coming to see me in two days from New York.” I blushed. “Hopefully her flight picks her up & drops her off on time.”

 

“That sounds pretty cool!” Nakta exclaimed. “So what are the plans?” He asked.

 

When I pulled into the Walmart parking lot, Nakta unbuckled his seatbelt & was making sure that he had everything he needed to survive his long shift.

 

“I’m still kind of working on that part. But I’ll come up with something eventually.”

 

“Oh, ok.” he replied.

 

As Nakta started to talk about his own love life, I glanced out of the window feeling a bit uneasy with afflictive emotions taking over my mind for some strange reason.

 

“Hansol look… before we continue on with this date, I have some things that I need to tell you.”

 

I giggled a bit nervously at that comment. “Um, ok. What’s up?”

 

“Hansol, this is really serious.” My girlfriend Boa gently put down her fork & knife onto her plate of food & placed her hands onto her lap, letting an awkward silence settle in between us.

 

“Boa, babe…” I said nervously. I leaned in as close as I could from my side of the table, taking her hand into my own. “Please tell me what’s going on because you’re startin’ to freak me out a little bit, & I’m starting to get a tad bit paranoic.”

 

Boa exhaled slowly, looking into my eyes as I watched her shed a tear which caused my heart to become a bit tight.

 

“Hansol. we… we can’t be together anymore.” Boa slowly pulled her hand back to wipe the few tears that were falling from her face.

 

Furrowing my eyebrows, I confusedly asked, “We can’t be together anymore?” I roughly placed my fork & knife on either side of my plat & shakily asked, “What exactly do you mean Boa? I mean, are you breaking up with me? Right here, right now in front of this entire restaurant with all of these people around?”

 

Trying to contain myself, I placed my hand over my mouth as my right leg rapidly shook up & down.

 

“Hansol, I met someone else.” Boa wiped her tears with the unused cloth napkin that sat neatly next to her plate.

 

Taking my hand off of my mouth, I breathed in unsteadily with my fists balled up as I looked away from her to keep myself from trying to cry, but couldn’t maintain as tears began to fall down my cheeks.

 

“I know you’re hurt right now Hansol & I can completely understand, but I have something else to tell you & this might hurt even more…” Boa whimpered a little as she continued wiping away her tears with the clothed napkin.

 

I was sitting in my seat feeling lifeless, breathless, & defunct. I unsteadily exhaled while wiping my tears with the back of my hand. Looking down at the carpeted floor with my head in my hands, Boa continued on with what she had to say as I felt my face getting hot.

 

“Hansol, the other person I met… we’ve been getting to know each other over the past six months & I would like to develop a romantic relationship with that person.” she sniffled. “What you & I have had over the past six years has been amazing Hansol. But now, it’s… I don’t feel those happy & romantic feelings towards you anymore. The way that you’ve always felt about me, I don’t feel that way about you anymore. I mean, I care about you Hansol. I do. but the feelings I used to have for you just aren’t there anymore. I don’t love you anymore, but I do have love for you. I’ve also realized lately that you aren’t everything I’ve always wanted in a relationship or a guy. We don’t want the same things anymore, & you lack certain things that I kind of need in order for our relationship to work. You’re just not enough for me Hansol & I honestly don’t think that you will ever be enough for me. Especially with everything that you have going on in your life right now & I can’t deal with it. I just can’t deal with it anymore.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter