End.

Ripped White Jeans

Moonbyul lay on her side in Hwasa’s living room, one arm propping her up as she watched the latest episode of Descendants of The Sun from the comfort of the sofa. Her eyes were fixated on the actresses, and she sighed in content. This is the life, she thought. Just hanging with my friends, and watching some good tv. During an advertisement break, Wheein got up from the edge of the couch, where she was eagerly sitting throughout the episode.

 

“Hyejin, stop eating all my popcorn!” She whined, glaring at her best friend who was casually stuffing her face with the sticky salted caramel snack. The only response she got was a snicker, and the last bits were emptied straight into Hwasa’s waiting mouth. “Dammit, now I’ve got to make some more. Tell me when break’s over!” Wheein beelined for the kitchen, in a mad rush to get her sweet new batch of popcorn.

 

Flopping onto her back, Moonbyul looked up at Hwasa. “You’ve gotta stop eating all her food, man,” she said with a chuckle. Hwasa just shrugged, mouth too preoccupied to answer. Moonbyul stretched a hand out to grab her phone sitting on the coffee table, and decided to scroll through her SNS while waiting for the ads to finish. “I swear, these gifs of you kissing Solar aren’t stopping anytime soon.” 

 

Her sentence made Hwasa cough and choke on her popcorn. “What? Still?” Hwasa asked in surprise. “I guess they were thirsty for some Le-Mak action.”

 

From the kitchen, Wheein yelled, “Hyejin-ah, did you know that Lemak in Malay means fat? That’s what you’ll be if you keep eating my food!” Hwasa had to silently resist the urge to throw a pillow at her, settling instead for a simple rolling of the eyes.

 

“Oh? And what is this?” Moonbyul piped up. Glancing at the phone screen, Hwasa widened her eyes and scoffed.

 

“Is she wearing your pants on a date, unnie? Unbelievable.”

 

“Who is??” Wheein continued shouting over the loud hum of the microwave.

 

“Solar unnie! She’s wearing Byul-ie unnie’s pants on that WGM date with Eric,” Hwasa replied, her loud voice easily carrying over the blend of sounds in her apartment. “And hurry back, it’s starting!”

 

Armed with a huge bowl of sizzling hot popcorn, Wheein dashed back to the living room, smacking Moonbyul’s hand in the process. “Phone later, DoTS first! Priorities, unnie!” Moonbyul nodded, putting her phone away. Looks like she’d have to ask the older girl about sharing her wardrobe later.

 

That night, Solar returned home late, and proceeded to rap her knuckles on Moonbyul’s door the minute she arrived. “Byul-ah…” The door opened, and she was greeted by the sight of the blonde girl in a loose tee and shorts, fresh out of the shower. Definitely a sight for sore eyes, especially when you’ve been fake-dating a guy for the entire day. “I’m so tired and sleepy,” she whined.

 

Smiling gently, Moonbyul lightly grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into the warm comfort of her home. “Hungry?” she asked Solar, and the latter nodded. Quickly whipping up a plate of kimchi fried rice, she carried it over to the couch where Solar was sitting. “Here, say ‘ah’,” she raised the spoon of steaming hot rice. The older girl raised an eyebrow, but complied anyway. “You’re probably really tired, aren’t you. Filming the whole day has got to be exhausting.”

 

“Yeah, oh god, and-” Solar proceeded to pour out the entire day’s worth of events throughout her supper, pausing only to be fed or to drink some water. “Eric’s nice and all, but I missed all of you. I missed Hyejin, I missed Wheein, and I really really missed you, Byul-ah.”

 

Setting the now-empty plate down, Moonbyul grinned. “Is that why you were wearing my pants the whole day?”

 

Solar shot to her feet. “What?” Looking down at her legs, it dawned on her that she was indeed wearing Moonbyul’s ripped white jeans. “Oh. I, uh, was in a rush…” she said lamely. Sneaking a peek at the younger girl, she flushed as she realised that Moonbyul was eyeing her with a certain glint in her eyes.

 

“Solar, Yongsun-unnie, the Yongkong to my Byulkong,” Moonbyul said as she stood up, piling on the cheesiness. “You don’t need to steal my jeans when you’ve already stolen my heart.” She took steady steps forward, and Solar slowly walked backwards until she felt a wall hard against her back. “And, you know, you look great in my jeans and all,” Moonbyul breathed, pecking Solar lightly on the lips, leaving her breathless and blushing. Solar’s  tiredness from earlier today was suddenly all gone, and she could feel heat pooling between her legs.

 

Hooking her thumbs around the belt loops on the jeans, Moonbyul leaned in again, and whispered into Solar’s ear. “But you’ll look even better without them.”